Injury Updates

dlbalr

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So..if Darche is back in does that mean White is out? I hope not, I liked him on that third line.

I'd imagine Eller may get this game off. With the Habs headed out West after this one, I expect White to stay up for another week or so but barring some miracle performances, he'll be back in Hamilton soon enough. They need to keep White in to evaluate whether he's ready or not though, a pair of 2-game sample sizes (1 terrible, 1 good) aren't enough to determine that.

Sounds like he may be out for a month, so it's not nothing like some are reporting.

A month without Wiz is scorched-earth time. Big, big disaster - possibly even enough to collapse our playoff hopes. PK and Weber will need to come up huge.

A month without Wiz is scorched-earth time. Big, big disaster - possibly even enough to collapse our playoff hopes. PK and Weber will need to come up huge.

I don't think it'd turn the Habs to sellers but they may be closer to standing pat if the report is true. (Or they'd focus on deals that would give them players under contract beyond this year, player-player swaps.)

Gill may be back Sunday, he and Mara will at least help a little (Nash would sit) but we'd be back to 4 LD and 2 RD as a result.

I don't think it'd turn the Habs to sellers but they may be closer to standing pat if the report is true. (Or they'd focus on deals that would give them players under contract beyond this year, player-player swaps.)

Gill may be back Sunday, he and Mara will at least help a little (Nash would sit) but we'd be back to 4 LD and 2 RD as a result.

There is one silver lining contained in the 'total disaster' scenario, which is that it might free up PG to deal (shall we say) more aggressively with the ever-intensifying problem that is Scott Gomez (who was -2 last night, schooled by a bunch of raw rookies). When your team misses the playoffs suddenly considerations of 'chemistry' and so forth become luxury items, and nobody could blame the Habs for getting tough on his ass under the circumstances. Anyway.

More realistically: yes, we might get Cammy, Gill and Mara in the lineup, and I suppose Spatches could return in reasonably short order. None of that will give us an effective QBing on the powerplay. We have one of the best defences on paper to run a power-play, with Markov, Wiz, and Subban all elite-to-good options there. Unfortunately we are now reduced to relying on PK + leftovers (Hammer, Weber) in this respect. Considering the importance of the PP to our success, this is extremely worrisome. Maybe with a healthy Cammy we can squeak by. (Personally, I'm concerned that Cammy may be returning too soon because he's hot to trot to play in the outdoor game. Players are not always entirely sensible about these things).

If our PP does collapse in the absence of Wiz, the answer (such as it is) will be for the team to fanatically recommit to Martin's suffocating system. Every forward needs to backcheck ferociously and play a hermetic game. If we do that, we'll have a chance to ride it out. Otherwise, I fear it could be curtains for us, sooner than anybody thinks. Not to be alarmist or anything :wacko:

In the scenario we stay pat... Any potential players we could trade alla Craig Rivet, when we got Gorges?

We should never give up but with these Injuries, unless the rest of our playoff opponents are in the same boat, can't we do some "home menage" and possibly deal some players? Yes yes Gomez... but for example if Spacek is healthy come trade deadline could we ship him and his remaining season for a first or second draft pick?

We should never give up but with these Injuries, unless the rest of our playoff opponents are in the same boat, can't we do some "home menage" and possibly deal some players? Yes yes Gomez... but for example if Spacek is healthy come trade deadline could we ship him and his remaining season for a first or second draft pick?

In a word, no. Spacek has the 35+ poison pill on his deal and is a shadow of the player he was when he got that contract. Useful for sure, but not to the point of a high draft pick in return. In a pinch they could find a taker but it wouldn't be for that good of a return.

And once again, Renaud Lavoie has completely jumped the gun on the 4 week thing. The note from Habs' practice: Not skating today, but will skate tomorrow, questionable for Sunday. Fastest 4 weeks since the 4 weeks that Pacioretty missed in all of a day last month.

http://twitter.com/h...716095368138752

And no apology or retraction will be forthcoming. If all reporters had the integrity of Arpon Basu, We might actually be educated instead of "buying their story" Basu, Boone and Engels are my favourite Canadiens reporters. They never blow you out of the park with the first scoop, but they also don't bend the rules for a story. "A reliable source!" Who's that, the janitor at the Edmonton Hospital?

Oh, thank the God Lord in heaven. Not for that jackass Lavoie, but rather for the possibility of Wiz not being out for a month ^_^ I hereby retract my panicky posts suggesting we'd be out of a playoff spot by the end of that span. :P

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

More updates:

Cammalleri - probable for Sunday

Gill - probable for Sunday (despite QMI's reports that he has a foot injury that could cost him the season)

Darche - questionable for Sunday

Plekanec - probable for Sunday (therapy day today)

Wisniewski - questionable for Sunday, no fracture according to reporters from practice talking to actual existing sources. But Renaud Lavoie still saying doctors are fearing a triple fracture...

Spacek - on IR, ineligible to return until after the Vancouver game

RDS says no Fracture now...

One thing for sure Wiz wont be able to drop the gloves for another week or two just in case...

lets get some warm bodies up!

They can't - now they're at the roster max; well, they will be come Sunday. When Gill/Cammalleri return, I suspect someone's heading back to Hamilton, let alone someone else coming up.

More updates:

Cammalleri - probable for Sunday

Gill - probable for Sunday (despite QMI's reports that he has a foot injury that could cost him the season)

Darche - questionable for Sunday

Plekanec - probable for Sunday (therapy day today)

Wisniewski - questionable for Sunday, no fracture according to reporters from practice talking to actual existing sources. But Renaud Lavoie still saying doctors are fearing a triple fracture...

Spacek - on IR, ineligible to return until after the Vancouver game

Add Markov and Gorges and that list is ridiculous! But at least most of them are coming back soon.

Louis Jean from Sportsnet reporting that Darche will miss at least a week with a groin injury. If he's IR'ed, he'll be ineligible to play until Thursday at the earliest - what it does do is free up a spot on the active roster for Cammalleri to return. Wisniewski is at practice which is live on RDS right now if you're interested.

Why am I still reading amd viewing that Wiz is not 100% certainty for tomorrow??!?!

they sent Nash back to Hamilton, there is only 5 other D on roster ready to play. Unless they plan on putting Pyatt on defense, they have no choice but to play Wiz

And Mara too...if Gill and Wisniewski both play, the Habs will be making one of their D a healthy scratch.

Who ever would have thought the words 'healthy scratch' would sound so sweet? ^_^

Spacek done for the season? CJAD the only one that I know of reporting it so far, though they're citing a Buffalo source. If true, he's eligible for LTIR; his cap hit would be tacked on to whatever the current number is (I've had to change it so many times, even I forget now...it's on the site though).

Especially if a report out of Buffalo is accurate. Former Sabres turned Canadiens' defenceman Jaroslav Spacek reportedly is gone for the season with a knee injury. Spacek's condition along with the loss of fellow blueliners Andrei Markov and Josh Gorges for the rest of the season.

Source: http://www.cjad.com/...ntryID=10207590 Couple of notes on Wisniewski in there as well, saying he does have fractures but can play through them.

Spacek done for the season? CJAD the only one that I know of reporting it so far, though they're citing a Buffalo source. If true, he's eligible for LTIR; his cap hit would be tacked on to whatever the current number is (I've had to change it so many times, even I forget now...it's on the site though).

Source: http://www.cjad.com/...ntryID=10207590 Couple of notes on Wisniewski in there as well, saying he does have fractures but can play through them.

Do we actually get cap relief if he is hurt - I thought that you don't get any cap relief for anyone injured, if they were signed once they are over 35??