GDT: Toronto vs Montreal, Feb. 12

dlbalr

how many times can the CBC homers say "shutout" in one broadcast.

They say it for every game that it exists, Leafs or not. Plus, if you don't believe in that jinx (I don't for one), it's not a big deal. Solid game overall, bit of a snoozer though.

They say it for every game that it exists, Leafs or not. Plus, if you don't believe in that jinx (I don't for one), it's not a big deal. Solid game overall, bit of a snoozer though.

I'll take a snoozer, as long as we get the two points. Thank god we were playing the leafs though. Really like Desharnais. I wish they would just bump Gomez's time and really give a lot more time to Desharnais - particularly on the PP.

I'll take a snoozer, as long as we get the two points. Thank god we were playing the leafs though. Really like Desharnais. I wish they would just bump Gomez's time and really give a lot more time to Desharnais - particularly on the PP.

liked to see Gomez and Desharnais play together for the PP... FInally... remember when I mentioned we could move Gomez on Desharnais' wing?

maybe try it 5 on 5 along with with Pouliot When Cammalleri is healthy and back

Don't take anything away from Gomez based on tonight's game, he had a pretty solid effort as well. Desharnais has looked quite good lately though, that's for sure.

Don't take anything away from Gomez based on tonight's game, he had a pretty solid effort as well. Desharnais has looked quite good lately though, that's for sure.

Gomer played decently tonight. Excellent pass to DD. I guess he needs me to rag on him more :B)

Good win! Good Game!

Anyone hear about Patches..? he was hurt and went to the dressing room after a hit from behind from luke shen. And word?

GO HABS GO!

Good win! Good Game!

Anyone hear about Patches..? he was hurt and went to the dressing room after a hit from behind from luke shen. And word?

GO HABS GO!

God has answered my prayer. I was expecting the worse. One thing that is very hard to get a handle on is Leaf/Habs games. I am with CC on Gomez, keep ragging on him we may get better results.

For frigs sake, when did hockey players become such whiney sore losers? Lupul, seriously...take helmets off sure, DO NOT SKATE at the player you're fighting when you do it, IF I was in a fight and saw a guy coming at me...I'd punch him, I wouldn't care if his hands were up around his helmet, skate backwards away from the player and take your helmet off. To me, I'd rather not get punched, so, Lupul you asked for the fight, suck it up and be a man.

Can we have a game where the opposing players don't cry to the media? I'm getting a bit tired of the Montreal brass and leadership team not stepping up to the media. Heck, when Cooke does stupid things, HIS team stands up for him, and that is damning right there. Words from respected players like Gill, and Gionta can go a long way with the media, but nope, nothing like that, and it's a shame.

Edited by bar

Apparently he didn't have a sling on his shoulder and wasn't in any visible pain as he left the arena according to some of the beat reporters. He was held out as a precaution so I'm somewhat optimistic he'll be good to go for Tuesday.

PKs reputation is purely media created. Lupal would have said nothing if it was any other player, but bashing PK gets you in the press. TSN has a look back, and I don't see PK doing anything except celebrating his over time goal (which was the same as a pile of vets when they scored this year, it was nothing). All I see is other players bashing PK (and Don Cherry). The number one complaint, he is not deferring to them as vets. What do I see.. every guy who as whined about PK, does so after PK nails them with a beauty check. For vets, they sure are a bunch of whiners.

I too am getting tired of the team's leadership letting this go on. I know (from the bulls) that PK is a hyper kid who probably is annoyingly talkative in the room and probably rubs some of his team mates the wrong way, because he isn't a quiet white kid from Saskatoon who sits in the corner and shuts up. Regardless, he has played very well for this team and deserves his team mates to stand up for him off the ice. For that matter, I wouldn't mind seeing our coach defend him for a change instead of participating in the slamming. When he answered the question about PK celebrating his goal with "I had a talk to him".. I almost threw a table at my TV... The answer should have been "so what, I have seen vets celebrate more then that.. I loved it.. PK pumps this team up and I don't want him to change a thing.. next dumb question..... "

Let's remember that PK is an unbelievably talented hockey player, an emerging star. That means he is a problem for other teams; and any psychological edge that can gain over him, they will take advantage of.

Now then: a narrative has been created of 'Subban the mouthy punk-assed kid who sooner or later needs to be taught a lesson.' And opposing players are trying to use that to get into his head and to work themselves up into a pitch of intensity when confronting him. It's a tactic they're using. Lupul's comments were inane and contradictory ('I don't have a problem with him, BUT...' Well, either you do or you don't). It's just tactics.

I watched the highlights on NHL Network. Those guys were pretty blunt that they didn't see anything amiss with PK's actions. I think if PK continues this will eventually blow over.

I've said it before, though: if he were a white kid, the narrative would be different. Indeed, there's be incredible enthusiasm over this Good Canadian Boy who oozes talent and can dominate in every facet of the game. Where is the patriotic fervour over Subban, eh, Don Cherry? Where are the adoring segments showing his crushing hits and his dazzling moves? Oh, sorry, he wears the wrong jersey. And has the wrong skin colour. Oh well. PK will be wowing 'em long after Cherry is pushing up daisies.

What might help, I think, is if someone like Gill stepped up and bluntly said just what I said above: 'would we be hearing this if Subban were white?' That would shut up these jerk-offs instantly and permanently.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

PKs reputation is purely media created. Lupal would have said nothing if it was any other player, but bashing PK gets you in the press. TSN has a look back, and I don't see PK doing anything except celebrating his over time goal (which was the same as a pile of vets when they scored this year, it was nothing). All I see is other players bashing PK (and Don Cherry). The number one complaint, he is not deferring to them as vets. What do I see.. every guy who as whined about PK, does so after PK nails them with a beauty check. For vets, they sure are a bunch of whiners.

I too am getting tired of the team's leadership letting this go on. I know (from the bulls) that PK is a hyper kid who probably is annoyingly talkative in the room and probably rubs some of his team mates the wrong way, because he isn't a quiet white kid from Saskatoon who sits in the corner and shuts up. Regardless, he has played very well for this team and deserves his team mates to stand up for him off the ice. For that matter, I wouldn't mind seeing our coach defend him for a change instead of participating in the slamming. When he answered the question about PK celebrating his goal with "I had a talk to him".. I almost threw a table at my TV... The answer should have been "so what, I have seen vets celebrate more then that.. I loved it.. PK pumps this team up and I don't want him to change a thing.. next dumb question..... "

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2011/2/13/1991083/add-joffrey-lupul-to-the-anti-subban-list#comments

BOO YAA! Three different examples of Lupul fighting with his VISOR ON!

Despite being stuck in a mostly Leafs fans section, my girlfriend and I were able to enjoy the game at the Bell on Saturday. Truth be told, they were better sports than I thought they'd be, even though some Habs' fans were merciless in their taunts. And I'm pretty sure the Toronto fans started the "Leafs Suck" chants at least 60% of the time. biggrin.gif

Big props to PK, the Lupols of the nhl are the ones that PK should terrorize, just needs to shut a few of them up and the rest will fall in line.

Lupul's comment at least made sense. He was trying to undo his helmet when he got punched (although he was stupidly approaching Subban at the same time) and he was right when he said that Subban's name keeps appearing in the media and that sooner than later people will stop giving him the benefit of the doubt. It's just that Subban's name keeps appearing in the media for bullshit reasons. I don't think Lupul deserves personal attacks for his comments.