PK In The News Again

blaze53

Even though I don't thikn Subban did anythign wrong against Lupul, I am starting to worry a little that Subban might be targeted by others in the NHL.

I am really tired of this. I don't even care about the whole Lupul issue. I'm tired of hearing about all the things Subban supposedly does 'wrong'. Never mind that when Chris Pronger, for example, steals a game-puck or something of the sort we just call it 'gamesmanship' (whatever that means) and move on. But when Subban does soemthing, anything really, he is being disrespectful.

This is how backwards this league and its culture can be. Linus Omark was disrespectful in the shootout. Alexander Ovechkin's tainted visor was banned. Subban talks too much. Really? This is the shit we concern ourselves with. Here I was thinking that people got into hockey to have fun. Silly me. In reality, you must fall in line and not break the mould. And when you are playing, you best pay attention to not get decpaitated by Matt Cooke and others of ilk.

Edited by l.moustakas

I am really tired of this. I don't even care about the whole Lupul issue. I'm tired of hearing about all the things Subban supposedly does 'wrong'. Never mind that when Chris Pronger, for example, steals a game-puck or something of the sort we just call it 'gamesmanship' (whatever that means) and move on. But when Subban does soemthing, anything really, he is being disrespectful.

This is how backwards this league and its culture can be. Linus Omark was disrespectful in the shootout. Alexander Ovechkin's tainted visor was banned. Subban talks too much. Really? This is the shit we concern ourselves with. Here I was thinking that people got into hockey to have fun. Silly me. In reality, you must fall in line and not break the mould. And when you are playing, you best pay attention to not get decpaitated by Matt Cooke and others of ilk.

What pisses me off is that TSN and the CBC are the two networks that seem to add fuel to this crap. Habsinsideout had a good link, that showed numerous fights Lupal was involved in WITH a visor or helmet (can't remember if it was a visor and helmet, or just the helmet).

This is another thing that pisses me off about Martin and PG - they NEVER defend their players when this crap. While the last three years of the Gainey year drove me nuts, at least Gainey would step up and protect his players. I don't want a wing-nut like Burke as a GM, or a yapper like Carbo who would argue EVERY, SINGLE call, but it would be nice if the habs brass would defend SUbban and take shots back at other teams. For a friggin flyer like Richards - who almost decapitated Booth and is teammates with Trailer trash like Carcillo and then a punk like Marcmant/marchant or whatever his stupid name is on the bruins to call out the habs as cheapshot yappers without a response by habs managment is ridiculous.

I don't want another Carbo or Therrian, or jerks like BUrke, but there has to be a time when a coach and GM HAVE to show some emotion and call out the officials or other teams. I doubt if the crap with SUbban would have gone on the way it has if the habs management had done a better job of insulating Subban and stood up for him when other teams call him out.

What pisses me off is that TSN and the CBC are the two networks that seem to add fuel to this crap. Habsinsideout had a good link, that showed numerous fights Lupal was involved in WITH a visor or helmet (can't remember if it was a visor and helmet, or just the helmet).

This is another thing that pisses me off about Martin and PG - they NEVER defend their players when this crap. While the last three years of the Gainey year drove me nuts, at least Gainey would step up and protect his players. I don't want a wing-nut like Burke as a GM, or a yapper like Carbo who would argue EVERY, SINGLE call, but it would be nice if the habs brass would defend SUbban and take shots back at other teams. For a friggin flyer like Richards - who almost decapitated Booth and is teammates with Trailer trash like Carcillo and then a punk like Marcmant/marchant or whatever his stupid name is on the bruins to call out the habs as cheapshot yappers without a response by habs managment is ridiculous.

I don't want another Carbo or Therrian, or jerks like BUrke, but there has to be a time when a coach and GM HAVE to show some emotion and call out the officials or other teams. I doubt if the crap with SUbban would have gone on the way it has if the habs management had done a better job of insulating Subban and stood up for him when other teams call him out.

Calling out and defending your players has it's time and place. When Gainey did it with Brisebois and Price he was protecting them from their OWN fans. He understood that this was integral in their development to not have to stress about playing at home, but defending your players from outside media and outside teams only opens yourself to criticism should the shoe turn.

Look at Lemieux. He complains about the absolute disgrace that occurred in Long Island (and it was a disgrace) and the first thing people bring up is where was he when Cooke decapitated Savard. He is a hypocrite. His team is the most penalized in the league. Hypocrite. Etc etc.

Four habs fans nailed it the other day and it adds to the point I made all along. This is 100% about the uniform he wears. The media is running with it because we are exposed to Pro-Toronto bias and the CBC is filled with Bruin meatheads. We should revel in the fact that everybody is pissed off that for the first time in 20 years we have a SUPERSTAR! We have been waiting for one for a long time and now we have possibly two.

It is sour grapes. We all know damn well that if Subban was sporting a blue maple leaf on his chest that Cherry wouldn't have attacked him. We know that TSN, CBC and Sportsnet would be praising him daily. Remove that and Richards probably doesn't say anything ridiculous and fuel the fire.

###### them. It feels good to watch a 21 year old kid step into the NHL and play like he owns this shit. Two years from now nobody will be talking about these things, they will be talking about how many All-Star games he will play in.

I will steal a quote from Saskhab. "Haters gonna hate". Let them hate, they would all take him in a heartbeat.

Edited by Wamsley01

Calling out and defending your players has it's time and place. When Gainey did it with Brisebois and Price he was protecting them from their OWN fans. He understood that this was integral in their development to not have to stress about playing at home, but defending your players from outside media and outside teams only opens yourself to criticism should the shoe turn.

Look at Lemieux. He complains about the absolute disgrace that occurred in Long Island (and it was a disgrace) and the first thing people bring up is where was he when Cooke decapitated Savard. He is a hypocrite. His team is the most penalized in the league. Hypocrite. Etc etc.

Four habs fans nailed it the other day and it adds to the point I made all along. This is 100% about the uniform he wears. The media is running with it because we are exposed to Pro-Toronto bias and the CBC is filled with Bruin meatheads. We should revel in the fact that everybody is pissed off that for the first time in 20 years we have a SUPERSTAR! We have been waiting for one for a long time and now we have possibly two.

It is sour grapes. We all know damn well that if Subban was sporting a blue maple leaf on his chest that Cherry wouldn't have attacked him. We know that TSN, CBC and Sportsnet would be praising him daily. Remove that and Richards probably doesn't say anything ridiculous and fuel the fire.

###### them. It feels good to watch a 21 year old kid step into the NHL and play like he owns this shit. Two years from now nobody will be talking about these things, they will be talking about how many All-Star games he will play in.

I will steal a quote from Saskhab. "Haters gonna hate". Let them hate, they would all take him in a heartbeat.

This + I still support the racism argument.