GDT: Vancouver vs Montreal, Feb. 22

bar

It's back to basics!!! Anything to bust this slump.

Vancouver (38 - 13 - 9)

Forwards

Line 1 Daniel Sedin Henrik Sedin Alex Burrows

Line 2 Mason Raymond Ryan Kesler Mikael Samuelsson

Line 3 Jannik Hansen Manny Malhotra Raffi Torres

Line 4 Jeff Tambellini Tanner Glass Victor Oreskovich

Defense

Line 1 Chris Tanev Aaron Rome

Line 2 Yann Sauve Christian Ehrhoff

Line 3 Evan Oberg Sami Salo

Goalies

Roberto Luongo

Cory Schneider

Montreal (31 - 22 - 7)

Forwards

Line 1 Jeff Halpern Tomas Plekanec Michael Cammalleri

Line 2 Brian Gionta Scott Gomez Max Pax

Line 3 Beniot Pouliot David Desharnais Ryan White

Line 4 Andrei Kostitsyn Travis Moen Lars Eller

Defense

Line 1 James Wisniewski Roman Hamrlik

Line 2 Hal Gill P.K. Subban

Line 3 Paul Mara Yannick Weber

Goalies

Carey Price

BBAA

Edited by bar

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have a secret weapon tonight, which is (ironically) that in Ballard and Hamhuis the Canucks are getting two regulars back after a fairly extended absence. Sometimes teams suffer a letdown when significant players return: the rest of the team lets the foot off the gas a bit, and the newly-inserted guys aren't quite in sync. OK, I may be grasping at straws...but I have seen this sort of thing before.

And Martin is right, by the way, to say that the Habs have been 'too focused on offence' for the last little while. There is ONLY ONE WAY for this team to be good, and that is to play JM's system to a 'T.' If they get back to that, they can win tonight. But it's a tall order against one of the NHL's only truly rock solid, bona-fide Cup contending teams.

Bah! We allways seem to underperform against teams that are supposed to be worse than us... Lets get back on track by giving the nucks a loss. Remember... their best players are named the Sedins. Not Big Physical Run over our small guys. Lets defend and counterattack.

Bah! We allways seem to underperform against teams that are supposed to be worse than us... Lets get back on track by giving the nucks a loss. Remember... their best players are named the Sedins. Not Big Physical Run over our small guys. Lets defend and counterattack.

Umm.. You've heard of Kesler, right? tongue.gif

I would love to try, but have never done one before, so I might need a quick tutorial, unless templates are easily accessible.

I use Microsoft FrontPage to do the GDT's. If you have that program, I can e-mail or PM you the code that I use.

I read that, focusing too much on offense?

They scored 1 goal in there last 2 games. I would focus on offense too.

It's about structure. When this team plays a focused, structured game with tight D, then it doesn't have to score 4 goals to win. But when your guys are pressing, 'trying to score,' they're abandoning puck support, giving up the middle, and losing the structure. What happens then is you end up scoring fewer goals because you're running around and relying on individuals plays. I'm no coach, but I've seen this movie play out many times.

One note is that you'll have to get to 100 posts before you can post HTML (a forum setting). You're only 22 away so it shouldn't take too long.

ok, go habs go.

Today on the price is right there was a habs fan on stage wearing a price jersey. good vibes....lol

lets hope the boys don't sit back in the 2nd. Gotta like the start - it's amazing what happens you skate hard and are aggresive on the forecheck!