GDT: Vancouver vs Montreal, Feb. 22

bar

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good effort by AK46 on that - he REALLY needed that one!

Luongo looked unprepared. His body was not set for the shot and he never squared it up.

The Habs were reeling before that one.

Edited by Wamsley01

survived the end of 2nd period PK without the usual last minute goal!

Let's hope they can hold off the nucleheads - we really need the two points!

Some chintzy calls handing the Canucks some opportunities.

I don't know if anybody has read the book Scorecasting, but they studied thousands of games and came to the conclusion that home ice advantage

has a lot to do with officiating. They challenged the travel, home cooking, familiarity argument in a thorough manner.

I have been paying attention ever since and although I never blame officiating I can definitely see some help being handed them tonight.

I am sure getting tired of the one sided reffing. When Montreal was pressing in the first they were letting all kinds of stuff go for Vancouver.. suddenly, the standard for montreal is the letter of the law. Several were dives, but I wouldn't care so much if they called it both ways. You can just see they are looking for any excuse to call the habs for something.

Some chintzy calls handing the Canucks some opportunities.

I don't know if anybody has read the book Scorecasting, but they studied thousands of games and came to the conclusion that home ice advantage

has a lot to do with officiating. They challenged the travel, home cooking, familiarity argument in a thorough manner.

I have been paying attention ever since and although I never blame officiating I can definitely see some help being handed them tonight.

Lately, it just seems that more often then not, the calls have been going against the habs - whether its been at home or on the road. I've always written it off to the habs really playing around the perimeter a lot and not going to the dirty zones where teams will take the more obvious penalties, but lately, it just seems that the habs are getting a lot of calls on dives, but aren't getting the calls against the opposition when the habs are hit by blatent high sticks or taken down.

Lately, it just seems that more often then not, the calls have been going against the habs - whether its been at home or on the road. I've always written it off to the habs really playing around the perimeter a lot and not going to the dirty zones where teams will take the more obvious penalties, but lately, it just seems that the habs are getting a lot of calls on dives, but aren't getting the calls against the opposition when the habs are hit by blatent high sticks or taken down.

The 5 on 3 call was totally unnecessary and was done to alter the momentum. Just like they handed them a PP right after they made it 2-1 on a weak slash/hook/trip or

whatever the hell it was on Max Pac.

And here we go. 3-2.

Edited by Wamsley01

well avoided the last minute goal, but then give up one in just over the first minute :angry:

so weber gets tripped by Burrow now and no call :angry:

at least they call the BLATENT hight stick on Burrows.

Honestly, less times then he successfully gets it it the zone..

His confidence is shot, he is struggling is so many areas, but this is one area where he is doing just fine. In fact, he is probably the most reliable guy to gain the zone on the PP or rush.

how many times has Gomez carried the puck in and lost it right after gaining the line :wacko:

So when is the Canuck PP coming?

8 min mark? 5 min mark?

WOW. That Subban transition was ridiculous. Change direction, kick it to his stick and off in full stride.

WOO!! 1st win in B.C. since 2000 :shocked:

great effort by all the players. impressed by AK and the 3rd line tonight.

nice to see Gill's effort at the end of the game. you don't see players celebrate an icing often

this team is a struggle.. they lose several ones they should win, then come back and win the one game no one expected.. hopefully they can get a bit of a win streak going again.

I'm telling you, this team has been pretty resilient over the last 5-6 years. They win when everybody writes them off and struggle when they are free and clear.

Outside of 2007 they have come through every year down the stretch over the last decade.

I'm telling you, this team has been pretty resilient over the last 5-6 years. They win when everybody writes them off and struggle when they are free and clear.

Outside of 2007 they have come through every year down the stretch over the last decade.

i just wish for once we don't need the cardiac unit on call, as we fight to get into the playoffs.

I'd also like to see us win more games that we SHOULD win. I thought that this was an automatic loss and really was looking for an excuse not to watch, but couldn't stay away as usual.