GDT: Toronto vs Montreal, Feb. 24

bar

Alright, I dare not risk the wrath of the hockey gods by breaking with the format of the last GDT, sorry folks just think of it as retro!

Toronto (26 - 27 - 7)

Forwards

Line 1 Nikolai Kulemin Mikhail Grabovski Clarke MacArthur

Line 2 Joffrey Lupul Tyler Bozak Phil Kessel

Line 3 Colby Armstrong Darryl Boyce Mike Brown

Line 4 Jay Rosehill Tim Brent Fredrik Sjostrom

Defense

Line 1 Dion Phaneuf Keith Aulie

Line 2 Luke Schenn Carl Gunnarsson

Line 3 Mike Komisarek Brett Lebda

Goalies

James Reimer

Ben Scrivens

Montreal (32 - 22 - 7)

Forwards

Line 1 Jeff Halpern Tomas Plekanec Michael Cammalleri

Line 2 Brian Gionta Scott Gomez Max Pax

Line 3 Beniot Pouliot David Desharnais Ryan White

Line 4 Andrei Kostitsyn Travis Moen Lars Eller

Defense

Line 1 James Wisniewski Roman Hamrlik

Line 2 Hal Gill P.K. Subban

Line 3 Paul Mara Yannick Weber

Goalies

BBAA

Carey Price

Edited by bar

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOAL!!!!!

It wasn't the prettiest goal, but there was traffic in front of the net! What the goalie can't see, he can't stop!

Edited by Habsfan

THAT is a horrific goal.

I endorsed Auld before the season, but the guy has done nothing to make me feel comfortable all season

with him in goal. That is goaltending 101, a weak poke check and hand him your 5 hole and short side.

Absolutely awful.

Jesus, the only reason he is here is to give Carey Price breathers and he has started 9 games and hasn't finished 2.

Edited by Wamsley01

THAT is a horrific goal

That's why Auld is a no. 2 and not a no. 1.

I just wish the refs would ref one game in our favor against the Leafs!

Game over!

That's why Auld is a no. 2 and not a no. 1.

I just wish the refs would ref one game in our favor against the Leafs!

Game over!

He hasn't even resembled an NHL goaltender all season though. I thought he would be a solid 2, but he is borderline NHL

the way he has played this season.

The guy just can't be trusted down the stretch.

Edited by Wamsley01

Poor Moen - tries to do the right thing by standing up for his teammate, gets stopped before he can do anything...and still gets a penalty. Rough period for 2 of the 3 teams out there tonight, unfortunately it's the team in white doing well so far.

A suggestion for those who think CBC is full of Leaf homers...try watching the SNET Ontario feed, you haven't seen homers until you watch them.

Poor Moen - tries to do the right thing by standing up for his teammate, gets stopped before he can do anything...and still gets a penalty. Rough period for 2 of the 3 teams out there tonight, unfortunately it's the team in white doing well so far.

A suggestion for those who think CBC is full of Leaf homers...try watching the SNET Ontario feed, you haven't seen homers until you watch them.

Just watch RDS. You don't need to understand French, it's actually more enjoyable because I can't.

Brian Gionta clean hockey play by lifting stick and possibly a goal = penalty?? wtf is going on? leafs get PP goal as usual!!

Blatant trip on Kostitsyn no call...

Hamrlik cough up puck = goal for leafs

Refs suck hard tonight... 4 powerplays for fkn Toronto!!

I AM GOING OUT OF MY MIND!!!! FK REFS!!

I don't usually like to pick on the refs, but they've been absolutely awful tonight. That phantom call on Gionta could very well be the turning point on the game. If they don't call that, Gionta goes in unhindered and gets a good chance to score. Instead it's a tie game seconds later.

And I'm not sure how the over the glass penalty gets called when one linesman is emphatically gesturing that the puck deflected off of something.

The good news is the Habs aren't quitting. A comeback is in order.

GO HABS GO!!!!

I can only stand so much name butchering...at least Joe Bowen has gotten the Habs' names right so far. :)

Bowen is the worst homer in the business, he is on par with Jack Edwards from NESN.

That Leafs goalie is pulling one of the most lucky performance I've seen in a while.

Those refs are pulling one of the worst performance I've seen in a while.

I kinda like the Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn line.

I don't usually like to pick on the refs, but they've been absolutely awful tonight. That phantom call on Gionta could very well be the turning point on the game. If they don't call that, Gionta goes in unhindered and gets a good chance to score. Instead it's a tie game seconds later.

And I'm not sure how the over the glass penalty gets called when one linesman is emphatically gesturing that the puck deflected off of something.

The good news is the Habs aren't quitting. A comeback is in order.

GO HABS GO!!!!

Good teams overcome poor reffing. Unfortunately they got 1 break from the ref, then Auld allowed a softie and the Leafs were off and running.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that we are down 3-1 and Price didn't get any rest, so they gained zero advantage from starting Auld.

That Leafs goalie is pulling one of the most lucky performance I've seen in a while.

Those refs are pulling one of the worst performance I've seen in a while.

I kinda like the Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn line.

Reimer is a stiff. He will crash down to reality soon enough, maybe even tonight.