The best deadline move to make is fire Jacques Martin

peihabs11

Montreal is blessed to be playing most of their games against the Atlantas and Toronto no talent teams this year. The injuries on the backend would destroy most teams but aa weak division and semi decent coaching has allowed Habs to fight for a playoff spot. JM is a decent coach, however if he was replaced next year I would not shed a tear. What was that number, between Habs and Vancouver their combined number of Dmen used this year was 25? Incredible how both teams survived this.

Montreal is blessed to be playing most of their games against the Atlantas and Toronto no talent teams this year. The injuries on the backend would destroy most teams but aa weak division and semi decent coaching has allowed Habs to fight for a playoff spot. JM is a decent coach, however if he was replaced next year I would not shed a tear. What was that number, between Habs and Vancouver their combined number of Dmen used this year was 25? Incredible how both teams survived this.

Actually the habs seem to do worse against weaker opponents and better against the better competition. See record vs: Vancouver, Boston, etc.

Actually the habs seem to do worse against weaker opponents and better against the better competition. See record vs: Vancouver, Boston, etc.

I agree, we seem to play to the level of our competition . Which I guess always makes for an entertaining and close game.. lucky us..

I also think when other teams play the Habs they tend to think of it as a 'big game'. Hell most of the players on the other teams probably grew up loving the Canadiens and want to play well against us. Our history in itself makes us a target, who wouldn't want to beat the most storied and successful all time team in the league?

Edited by YeahBud

I agree, we seem to play to the level of our competition . Which I guess always makes for an entertaining and close game.. lucky us..

I also think when other teams play the Habs they tend to think of it as a 'big game'. Hell most of the players on the other teams probably grew up loving the Canadiens and want to play well against us. Our history in itself makes us a target, who wouldn't want to beat the most storied and successful all time team in the league?

French players for sure have that attitude especially when playing in Montreal.