GDT: Bruins vs Habs, Mar. 8

dlbalr

Oh, and I think the diving issue is simple.. the fans boo whenever someone goes down and the other players think the habs are diving. It has nothing to do with the players diving, nor did do I usually see the habs player miss a beat.. just jump up and get back in the play.

Our team rarely gets the benefit of the doubt by the refs and far more real penalties go uncalled then dives that do get called.

Again, more whining.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a lighter note, a lady I work with has a daughter dating a player from Anaheim. They all went to school in Belleville together while her boyfriends and PK were on the bulls..

In any case, she ended up in Montreal for the week and when PK found out he gave her a call and told her to come to the game, he got her and her friend tickets for tonight tilt against the Bruins! Way to remember your friends PK.. class...

In addition, I am extremely jealous of her for getting tickets tonight.!

Crying about diving is just gamesmanship, but how do we know that Marchand isn't right on the other issues? - i.e., that the Habs are mouthy and prone to cheap shots? I remember reading a quote somewhere in the press regarding Plekanec, where an anonymous opposition player mentioned something to the effect that he was always full of welts and carved up after playing Pleks. That wasn't public trash-talking, and it surprised me, because I never thought of him as a stickwork guy. (Maybe I just don't pay enough attention to that when our guys are delivering it). The Flyers also commented on our mouthiness in the playoffs last year. In short, I doubt that our boys are exactly saints out there.

No question the Habs aren't saints. If Marchand is right and the Canadiens play dirty / take shots behind the play they sure make it look easy since it rarely results in penalties.

If Plekky is dishing out welts and avoiding the penalty box I applaud him for his gamesmanship.

Mouthing off on the ice is part of the game, mouthing off to the press is childish at best.

Either way, both examples ( Bruins and Flyers ) are coming from teams that can't deal with the speed of our smaller players / excellent goaltending and have to resort to turning a perfectly good hockey game into a boxing match.

Oh I strongly disagree. That was a dirty slough foot move by Boychuk on Subban but PK narrowly missed the hit. White responded to that cheap shot with knuckles to his face ! It really stirred up the Habs bench too and they killed the extra penalty without any damage.

not a good time for white to fight... so much for sticking to the skill game.

More BS reffing - how is there know calls on Boychuck, no call on taking down Subban after the kill, no call on Lucic for goalie interference. :angry:

Finally a call on the bruins

I saw that after, but it still tough.. on the one hand I like that he stood up for PK, but he ended up with the extra two and might wake the Bruins up..

Oh I strongly disagree. That was a dirty slough foot move by Boychuk on Subban but PK narrowly missed the hit. White responded to that cheap shot with knuckles to his face ! It really stirred up the Habs bench too and they killed the extra penalty without any damage.

This definitely has the feel of a playoff game for me. What I like about the White fight, aside from the fact he held his own, it's one of the first times I can remember in a while where somebody has gone to the mat for a teammate after a questionable / cheap hit (or attempt at a hit). That's something we've been missing...

Perfect start to the game for us. We get a bit of redemption by White having a good fight and sticking up for Subban. Then we get a goal. Nice start!!

I saw that after, but it still tough.. on the one hand I like that he stood up for PK, but he ended up with the extra two and might wake the Bruins up..

That is exactly what you want from a teammate after they tried to cheap shot PK. :clap: Ryan White :clap:

I understand they are trying to avoid the nonsense tonight, but it pisses you off after watching the Bruins instigate 10 fights and not get the instigator once. That is why the rule is there and the whole stupidity of last month wouldn't have happened if the refs had done their job.

Edited by Wamsley01

I agree. I highly suspect that both coaches were told that the instigator would be used tonight after the last gong show..

That is exactly what you want from a teammate after they tried to cheap shot PK. :clap: Ryan White :clap:

I understand they are trying to avoid the nonsense tonight, but it pisses you off after watching the Bruins instigate 10 fights and not get the instigator once. That is why the rule is there and the whole stupidity of last month wouldn't have happened if the refs had done their job.

So i am in a auction tonight for a goalie stick signed by the 08 Bulls... including PK. They are throwing in about 400 bucks worth of goalie clinics, but the stick is pretty sweet too..

I wonder how high I should go.. its at $500 now.

You see the TSN replay of the PK/Marchand hits...

PK give a clean body check.. Marchand cross checks from behind and dove for PK's knees... no calls on Marchand.. hmmm

wow.. that was pretty Eller... I might start believing in this kid yet... (this year)