GDT: Bruins vs Habs, Mar. 8

dlbalr

Honestly, I'm surprised the Bruins don't have the simple human decency to mail in the third period and go home. They're not going to win, a young man's career and life may have been radically altered for the worst tonight - for God's sake, show an ounce of class.

Expecting any class from the bruins or flyers is like expecting the NHL to do the right thing by suspending Chara for any meaningful time.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'm surprised the Bruins don't have the simple human decency to mail in the third period and go home. They're not going to win, a young man's career and life may have been radically altered for the worst tonight - for God's sake, show an ounce of class.

Why care to play at all after that? Habs bench was first witness of what happened. I wouldn't be able to come back and play. Are they insensitive or what?! Maybe it was not as bad in real life, I don't know..

I'm disgusted

Expecting any class from the bruins or flyers is like expecting the NHL to do the right thing by suspending Chara for any meaningful time.

Well, on some level I just don't understand it. Chippy play, even dirty play, these are one thing. Attempted murder is another. If the Bruins players are not in shock at what they just saw, then they are not emotionally normal human beings.

It's not just this hit, it's the recurring pattern of vicious, career- and life-jeopardizing hits that has marked the NHL over the last while. It is unbelievable to me that a teammate who has seen up close what happened to Marc Savard - whose career is over and whose entire life may now be compromised by a savage cheap-shot - would willfully do the same thing on another player. This is a league where Sidney Crosby, the greatest player of his generation, can be, potentially, permanently damaged by thugs, with absolutely zero consequences.

Someone will die if this doesn't change. It is, simply, sick.

This is pro sports today. This happens in the NFL every week.

They are now examining ex football players brains and finding out they have CTE ( a degenerative brain disorder). Andre Watters was 45 and his brain was the equivalent to an 85 year old. Dave Duerson shot himself in the chest to preserve his brain. Probert was diagnosed with the same thing.

As long as they are making money and big hits sell their commercials and videos this won't change.

They are still sitting on their hands even though Crosby has missed 2 months.

As for the Bruins being hypocrites, they proved this when they complained that Paille's blindside hit was harshly penalized even though Bergeron AND Savard dealt with career threatening concussions. When Ference called it out he was called a dishonourable teammate and a traitor.

When somebody dies they will change it (see netting around the arena, an obvious solution AFTER the fact) because they don't want to change.

Edited by Wamsley01

Millbury all ready saying it should have only been a 2 min penalty...

I'm surprised he even felt it should have been a penalty :angry::wacko:

how was that not a penalty on Campbell??? refs afraid to call a penalty on Colin's son????? :angry:

Are you friggin kidding me??? You want us to be civil on a FORUM, when a little prick like Bergeron almost "accidently" steps on Price and now Thronton chasing after Subban?????

Bravo, I wouldn't even be civil on the bench right now. I would send somebody out for the season or more on their side. But that is me and I still support Bertuzzi....

I know that isn;t the opinion of most on here but it is my style of hockey. Their coach should be afraid to put his best players on the ice now.

Millbury all ready saying it should have only been a 2 min penalty...

Shocking.

Bravo, I wouldn't even be civil on the bench right now. I would send somebody out for the season or more on their side. But that is me and I still support Bertuzzi....

I know that isn;t the opinion of most on here but it is my style of hockey. Their coach should be afraid to put his best players on the ice now.

Your style of hockey is sucker punching somebody from behind? Breaking their neck and ending their career?

This is pro sports today. This happens in the NFL every week.

They are now examining ex football players brains and finding out they have CTE ( a degenerative brain disorder). Andre Watters was 45 and his brain was the equivalent to an 85 year old. Dave Duerson shot himself in the chest to preserve his brain. Probert was diagnosed with the same thing.

As long as they are making money and big hits sell their commercials and videos this won't change.

They are still sitting on their hands even though Crosby has missed 2 months.

As for the Bruins being hypocrites, they proved this when they complained that Paille's blindside hit was harshly penalized even though Bergeron AND Savard dealt with career threatening concussions. When Ference called it out he was called a dishonourable teammate and a traitor.

When somebody dies they will change it (see netting around the arena, an obvious solution AFTER the fact) because they don't want to change.

Yeah, I've been following that whole issue. And that's mostly why I'm so upset about this. These concussions can compromise a person's entire life. Forget hockey. We're talking about people who cannot think clearly or function normally for the rest of their lives. Hell, the Vancouver Sun just had an article on Steve Moore, who has suffered permanent brain damage from Bertuzzi's assault. On a gut level I cannot understand how an informed hockey player could choose to do that to someone else.

Shocking.

Your style of hockey is sucker punching somebody from behind? Breaking their neck and ending their career?

Only ending ther career of someone who was a headhunter, eye for eye. Moore headhunted Morrison, he paid the price,

If Bert hadn't solved the issue how many more concussions whould Moore have caused?

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Only ending ther career of someone who was a headhunter, eye for eye. Moore headhunted Morrison, he paid the price,

If Bert hadn't solved the issue how many more concussions whould Moore have caused?

you're certainly entitled to that opinion, but to be honest, you don't look very sane right about now.

Come on. If it was an eye for an eye then Moore would have missed a week or two like Naslund did not 7 years.

I thought it was Naslund??? IMO both plays were gutless. Issue is the NHL doesn't make the right call initially, causing teams to take things in their own hands. Which is probably going to happen when Chara most likely gets off scott free or at most gets a light love tap on the wrist.

And now usual crap from Lucic trying to start a fight! :wacko: :wacko: :angry: :angry:

Can people are expecting class from these friggin pricks???

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Yeah, I've been following that whole issue. And that's mostly why I'm so upset about this. These concussions can compromise a person's entire life. Forget hockey. We're talking about people who cannot think clearly or function normally for the rest of their lives. Hell, the Vancouver Sun just had an article on Steve Moore, who has suffered permanent brain damage from Bertuzzi's assault. On a gut level I cannot understand how an informed hockey player could choose to do that to someone else.

He doesn't have any respect is why.

I watched a game from the 70s the other day and the players actually played with the understanding that they were ALL vulnerable so when they saw a guy with his head down they didn't look to take that head from it's shoulders. They would lower the boom, but not drive their body through the other players head.

Not only were they vulnerable throwing the hit, but they knew the player taking it could be severely injured. The equipment makes them feel invincible and they don't think about safety at any time.

They are looking to lay somebody out and be on TSN or ESPN.

Nice move making Max the 3rd star. Let's hope he is OK.

Edited by Wamsley01

Come on. If it was an eye for an eye then Moore would have missed a week or two like Naslund did not 7 years.

Not that its relevant, but do you really think Moore would have lasted 7 years in the league??

Main issue is that if the NHL HAD suspended Moore for an obvious flagrant headshot, the issue would have ended there, but no, the NHL didn't think there was anything wrong with Moore headhunting and it led the team trying to take things in their own hands - which is always a recipe for disaster.

I love montreal - MaxPac is a star!

Edited by hab29RETIRED

you're certainly entitled to that opinion, but to be honest, you don't look very sane right about now.

Everyone forgets the game before the hit on Moore, and the dammage he did to Morrison. He had it coming. He was a head hunter and didn;t belong in the NHL. Go back and watch him swerve and raise the elbow to take Morrison's head off. He desearved to be out of hockey for his attemt to injure Morrison, but the league is weak and let him play. Bertuzzi was frustratd with the leagues crap and took it on himself, as were the whole canuck team that game. It wasn't one player only on Van that was hunting Moore, he had a bounty on his head. Not because he was a talented player but because he was a cheap shot head hunting goon.

Chara gets his neck broken from behind, I don;t shed a tear for him, enough said?

Everyone forgets the game before the hit on Moore, and the dammage he did to Morrison. He had it coming. He was a head hunter and didn;t belong in the NHL. Go back and watch him swerve and raise the elbow to take Morrison's head off. He desearved to be out of hockey for his attemt to injure Morrison, but the league is weak and let him play. Bertuzzi was frustratd with the leagues crap and took it on himself, as were the whole canuck team that game. It wasn't one player only on Van that was hunting Moore, he had a bounty on his head. Not because he was a talented player but because he was a cheap shot head hunting goon.

Chara gets his neck broken from behind, I don;t shed a tear for him, enough said?

No player deserves what Bertuzzi did.

Good game by the Habs. Had we played hard in the third, that would have been one of our best games of the year. Too bad it is overshadowed by a bastard by the name of Chara.

Not that its relevant, but do you really think Moore would have lasted 7 years in the league??

Main issue is that if the NHL HAD suspended Moore for an obvious flagrant headshot, the issue would have ended there, but no, the NHL didn't think there was anything wrong with Moore headhunting and it led the team trying to take things in their own hands - which is always a recipe for disaster.

I love montreal - MaxPac is a star!

Dominic Moore is still in the league. Not like they were totally different players.

Wow.. what a.. game...

I'll try to be as civil as possible:

Chara is a disgusting human being. What a senseless, violent, unsportsmanlike attack. Max got rid of the puck a full 2-3 seconds before Chara suckers him like that. That's intent to injure, no matter how you cut it.

Suspended for the rest of the season in my books.

What's with the censorship? This board used to have way more contributors.

It's not censorship, at least I don't interpret it that way, apologies if it comes off as such. When someone actively encourages to deliberately end the career of a player, that's crossing the line. Delete the post(s), move on. My post was just in case others had the same idea, a preemptive attempt to keep things calmer in case things got out of hand in the 3rd. I'm not discouraging voicing an opinion, but there's a better way to do it sometimes.