GDT: Bruins vs Habs, Mar. 8

dlbalr

I will be VERY surprised if he is suspended - not because he doesn't deserve it, but becuase Campbell only gives meaningful suspensions to scrubs, besides his friggin son plays for the bruins.

I can understand riding a guy out when he has the puck and an accident but the puck was nowhere near that play.

When is the NHL going to do something about headshots?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realise that Patches will be out for a long period of time...He won't be back in 1 or 2 games...

How much do you wanna bet that Chara will not get more than 2 games for this!

I don't see him even getting that.

I can understand riding a guy out when he has the puck and an accident but the puck was nowhere near that play.

When is the NHL going to do something about headshots?

After someone gets killed - that should be a 10 game suspension -but the NHL and Campbell in particular not only lacks the balls, but they also lack the brains to make the right call before someone IS killed!

This ######ing pisses me off. Poor patches, the kid was doing so well...he had been our best forward for the past month. This might ###### his career...and Chara will get a week of unpaid vacation at the most...we all know how gutless Campbell is!

Right away I knew that Patches wasn't going to get up. This is terrible for this Habs team and really I'm wishing him the best. Lets hope they were only being precautionary but I doubt it. A real dumb move by Chara.

I don't see him even getting that.

After someone gets killed - that should be a 10 game suspension -but the NHL and Campbell in particular not only lacks the balls, but they also lack the brains to make the right call before someone IS killed!

That should be a massive suspension. That is totally uncalled for and was nowhere near the play.

He might be gone for the year and who knows if he has a bad concussion. THe NHL won't do anything like always, but THAT is the type of shit that needs to be taken out of the game.

It'll be brushed off as a late hit with 'accidental' contact with the partition no doubt. I doubt he gets more than two, but hopefully his history works against him.

The puck was 10 feet away, there is ZERO reason for Chara to even put a body on him.

I think this is the most horrible thing I've ever seen live. I really thought he was dead until we saw his eyes move under his pupils. I'm still in shock

You're not the only one, my goodness, still waiting for my heartbeat to well, beat. I was happy to see both teams' training staff get out there ASAP, good sportsmanship from the people behind the Boston bench if nothing else. I'd like to see another replay, I didn't think it was that bad from the initial replay I saw but the reactions here have me wondering if I missed something (quite possible). Aside from that, what a game from the Habs, it's a shame that this takes away from the excitement from quite possibly their best effort of the season.

That should be a massive suspension. That is totally uncalled for and was nowhere near the play.

He might be gone for the year and who knows if he has a bad concussion. THe NHL won't do anything like always, but THAT is the type of shit that needs to be taken out of the game.

I'm worried he may have a broken neck. This should be a minimum 10 game suspension. Gillis got 9 games for a hit that wasn't nearly as dangerous. Just wait until saterday when that CBC drag queen clown will defend Chara by saying that MaxPac and the partition is to blame and Chara didn't try to hurt him intentionally.

But i'd be surprised if its even 2 games given Campbell's track record.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

I saw Dr. Mulder checking Pacioretty's pulse and, frankly, chills went up my spine. It quickly stopped being an enthralling game and became a matter of a person's well-being. Never mind how this impacts the team and its chances down the road, the quality of life and career of an individual could be in serious jeopardy. How disheartening.

As for the hit, I don't know what Chara was thinking on the play, but you would figure that a Norris-trophy winning defencemen should be aware enough to recognize the following three facts:

1) There is only 15 seconds left

2) Pacioretty doesn't have the puck

3) He is hitting in an especially dangerous area (player benches)

With that in mind, it's awfully hard to not conclude that Chara was hitting to hurt.

You're not the only one, my goodness, still waiting for my heartbeat to well, beat. I was happy to see both teams' training staff get out there ASAP, good sportsmanship from the people behind the Boston bench if nothing else. I'd like to see another replay, I didn't think it was that bad but the reactions here have me wondering if I missed something. Aside from that, what a game from the Habs, it's a shame that this takes away from the excitement from quite possibly their best effort of the season.

I went back on PVR. Pacioretty tips the puck past Chara, when Chara begins riding him out the puck is at center (10 ft past him) by the time he rides him into the stanchion the puck is in the Bruins defensive zone. It was interference if he just held him let alone ride him into the boards.

He showed ZERO respect for Pacioretty.

I wish you well on your way out the Bell Centre tonight Zdeno.

He better not show up somewhere in town, cause he's not gonna have a good time!

already making excuses... can no one on TV just call it like it is.. Chara directed his head into the stanchion. How is that not dirty? How was that not intentional.. the slow mo makes it clear that he hit him up high just as he got to the stanchion...

10 games plus, imo. (Accident, in the opinion of Colin Campbell). A dive, according to Marchand.

If i'm a habs tonight, I don't take slapshots at the net anymore. I take slapshots at the face of cheap shot crap like Lucic, Horton and their top guys like bergeron.

This is a team without any honour, they don't deserve to be treated with any! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I went back on PVR. Pacioretty tips the puck past Chara, when Chara begins riding him out the puck is at center (10 ft past him) by the time he rides him into the stanchion the puck is in the Bruins defensive zone. It was interference if he just held him let alone ride him into the boards.

He showed ZERO respect for Pacioretty.

I'm taping the game, I'll take another look for sure. Reading a description doesn't quite do it justice but it's nice to know what to look for.

Nesn blaming Patches, saying he should of known where he was on the ice. Unbelievable.

Does that really surprise you? The NESN crew rarely say anything negative about Boston, justified or not.