Chara non-suspension talk

dlbalr

18 members have voted

1. 1. How many games, if any, will Chara get?

• 5+

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chara just said he didn't even know Patches was on the ice! He is so full of crap!

:lol: At least we get some comic relief out of this. To hear Chara tell it, he has no idea what a hockey rink is, let alone who all those weird fellows in red jerseys are :lol::lol::lol: What a douche.

I didn't know it was him, I didn't know he was on the ice, it was a normal hockey play. How many more lies before we need some birds to trim his nose?

Wow.. Steve Simmons is on off the record defending chara saying "I have watched the video over and over, he was skating backward, he would have to be psychic to time that hit"

Skating backwards???? Wow. and I thought the league was blind.

Wow.. Steve Simmons is on off the record defending chara saying "I have watched the video over and over, he was skating backward, he would have to be psychic to time that hit"

Skating backwards???? Wow. and I thought the league was blind.

Steve Simmons is a buffoon. Every thought he has is first level thinking, simplistic analysis for a newspaper with simplistic readers.

What he thinks is irrelevant.

Edited by Wamsley01

More importantly, I am finding the usual supporters of violence who have rushed to defend Chara probably didn't even watch the clip. I have had several leaf fans change their minds completely on this when seeing other angles and slow mo... To quote just one "look at the arm extension, that was intentional... "

Steve Simmons is a buffoon. Every thought he has is first level thinking, simplistic analysis for a newspaper with simplistic readers.

What he thinks is irrelevant.

More importantly, I am finding the usual supporters of violence who have rushed to defend Chara probably didn't even watch the clip. I have had several leaf fans change their minds completely on this when seeing other angles and slow mo... To quote just one "look at the arm extension, that was intentional... "

The only Leaf fans who aren't on board are biased idiots. 98% of the ones I have talked to are livid.

wow.. Komi just tapped Carcillo from behind and Carcillo when awkwardly into the boards, people are already talking suspension for "hitting a guy in a vulnerable position"

I can't wait to see what the league does.. do the suspend him and make themselves look even worse regarding Chara.. do they find an excuse for him? The guessing game never ends with the NHL...

wow.. Komi just tapped Carcillo from behind and Carcillo when awkwardly into the boards, people are already talking suspension for "hitting a guy in a vulnerable position"

I can't wait to see what the league does.. do the suspend him and make themselves look even worse regarding Chara.. do they find an excuse for him? The guessing game never ends with the NHL...

Pacioretty wasn't in a vulnerable position? Are they going to tell me that Komisarek had intent now?

Habs showing leadership:

http://www.habsinsideout.com/main/46892

:clap:

I know what Wamsley is saying - if it's not your team, you wince and move on, until it's YOUR guy who is lying there twitching. But I prefer to think that this incident has at least a chance of serving as a catalyst for change.

Yes, except this time the league is ######ing with the Montreal Canadiens. The city of Florida might not make much of a fuss about Booth's injury, but Montreal is more than prepared to turn this into a major issue. The police are involved, sponsors are making threats, tons of journalists, fans, and public people have voiced their outrage, the owner has written a public letter to the other owners, the local police had to have a press conference to tell angry Habs to stop calling in to press charges against Chara, etc... The city is up in arms, I would not be surprised if there is some sort of riot or death threat. If there's anything we know about Habs fans it's that they are both batshit crazy and extremely passionate about hockey.

I understand why people would defend the hit. I was only expecting 1, 2 or 3 games. But there's a massive difference between 1 game and 0 games - the NHL made a terrible PR move in overlooking this fact. 1 game says "This is bad, don't do this, but it was an unhappy accident." No punishment says "This is okay, feel free to keep doing this." Mike Murphy even referred to it as a "hockey play." The analysts that are defending this decision are doing so because they too are overlooking this difference. They figure "it only should have been 1-2 games, so this isn't a big deal."

Thx Diana,

I firmly believe that we should not let this rest in the swampy back waters of the indescribable NHL Boardrooms.

Those callous enough... to believe... that no disciplinary actions are to be taken when blatant actions cause injuries to unsuspecting players should have no right in deciding the intent of said action. It should be quite obvious that an independent review process needs to be put into place.

The integrity of NHL, players and fans alike should be of the most importance. The NHL SHOULD NOT protect the despicable careless actions behind the play.

To me the NHL is acting carelessly and even recklessly.

My personal integrity dictates that I will forsake any game that showcases Chara, not because he was the careless numskull, but because he represents to me all that is wrong in my favourite game, namely the lack of discipline shown by those in authority.

If my Canadiens had any gumption they would default all games with the Bruins as a statement of solidarity for Patches. Maybe even start talking about starting a new league.....FAWK!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Gary Fawkmeman,

It is the Information Age, we live in society where there is the Rule of Law. Let the same Laws apply to all. I truly hope that our supposed democracy does not sit on their (our) hands on this. For Gawd-Sakes, isn't this the 21st Century. My Facebook post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really can't believe how little the league seems to value Pacioretty's safety (and really that of all their players) by sticking their fingers in their ears over this blatantly intentional hit. Whether he meant to cause those kinds of injuries or not, the fact of the matter is that Chara's deliberate actions caused serious harm and could've put Pacioretty in a wheel chair for life. Being from Montreal, I can tell you that the entire city is absolutely enraged over this ruling and one of the local radio stations even started a facebook page to demand justice:

http://www.facebook....205088919502878

Yes, except this time the league is ######ing with the Montreal Canadiens. The city of Florida might not make much of a fuss about Booth's injury, but Montreal is more than prepared to turn this into a major issue. The police are involved, sponsors are making threats, tons of journalists, fans, and public people have voiced their outrage, the owner has written a public letter to the other owners, the local police had to have a press conference to tell angry Habs to stop calling in to press charges against Chara, etc... The city is up in arms, I would not be surprised if there is some sort of riot or death threat. If there's anything we know about Habs fans it's that they are both batshit crazy and extremely passionate about hockey.

I understand why people would defend the hit. I was only expecting 1, 2 or 3 games. But there's a massive difference between 1 game and 0 games - the NHL made a terrible PR move in overlooking this fact. 1 game says "This is bad, don't do this, but it was an unhappy accident." No punishment says "This is okay, feel free to keep doing this." Mike Murphy even referred to it as a "hockey play." The analysts that are defending this decision are doing so because they too are overlooking this difference. They figure "it only should have been 1-2 games, so this isn't a big deal."

It's beyond me.

Slashing minor : 2 mins

Slashing major : 5, 10, GM and suspension

Interference : 2 mins

Interference major : 5, 10, GM but no suspension

How inconsistent can you get ?

This. :clap:

It's beyond me.

Slashing minor : 2 mins

Slashing major : 5, 10, GM and suspension

Interference : 2 mins

Interference major : 5, 10, GM but no suspension

How inconsistent can you get ?

And I forgot to mention that one of the public figures calling out the NHL is the Prime Minister of Canada!

But who is he... TSN has interviewed every goon and dirty player in the league, and they all concur... clean play...

They go on to ask.. "Do you think I could get away with that?"

And I forgot to mention that one of the public figures calling out the NHL is the Prime Minister of Canada!

Why you don't hear any of the commentators on tv coming out and saying the truth is because what we know they should be saying is:

"This is grounds for not watching this sport anymore"

Like they want to do anything to turn peoples interest elsewhere, they just play it down and hope it will blow over.

It will never blow over for Montreal fans, if we choose to follow the NHL in its current state any longer.

Anyone else notice the exact same stanchion in the Blues arena... People are acting like this is the habs fault for that dangerous turnbuckle, yet they have that same thing in most rinks in the league.

I hope we crush the Bruins in the next game. A real blowout victory. Question is if they would dare to try something like this again after the outrage after this thing. I say we have the momentum in the game in Boston now and we should use it. Boston knows if they try something this game there WILL be a HUGE reaction to it and Im not so sure they dare to take that risk.

Why you don't hear any of the commentators on tv coming out and saying the truth is because what we know they should be saying is:

"This is grounds for not watching this sport anymore"

What happened to Patch is terrible, the way the league reacted is even worse. Are you really suggesting that people will / should stop watching hockey over it ?

I don't think that's close to the " truth " in any capacity.

I hope we crush the Bruins in the next game. A real blowout victory. Question is if they would dare to try something like this again after the outrage after this thing. I say we have the momentum in the game in Boston now and we should use it. Boston knows if they try something this game there WILL be a HUGE reaction to it and Im not so sure they dare to take that risk.

Lucic is to stupid to realize what the reaction may be. He tried to start shit in a stunned arena 25 minutes after watching Max Pac get peeled from the ice.

They would be more prone to thinking, they haven't called anything on us yet.

Hi again.

Anyways, every analyst I've seen on TV have been saying the same thing: Chara was just finishing his check, and both players need to be aware of their surroundings.

The problem I have with that statement is simple: it was an illegal check. Why should Pacioretty be aware of the stanchion when he isn't in a position to be legally checked into it? The responsibility is entirely on Chara, and to say otherwise is victim blaming.

On top of that, the more I watch the play the more sickened I am by it. The hit, of course, is bad enough, but then Chara just skates away... and doesn't look back. No remorse... no concern... Just like Steckel on Crosby.

Inaction by the league was the worst choice to make. What kind of reaction were they expecting?