GDT: LIGHTNING vs HABS Mar 17 7:30PM Puck Drop

kenadian

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you mean 2 points, but I think we'll see the other interpretation. happy.gif

Colour me surprised and impressed. The kids played their asses off, and although I don't think this was TB's best effort, it's nice to see a W when you're short 9 regulars.

What a shot by Dawes. If he could master a little consistency, he'd never ride the bus again.

Risky move by JM to put Dawes there, but he said that they were looking closely at Dawes shootout attempts in the AHL...

Sounds like Perry Pearn had a big say in the matter, having seen him with the Rangers a few years back. I thought of the two Bulldogs, Palushaj was more likely to get a shot but what do I know?

Happy that the Habs got the two points. Unhappy that the Lightning were even able to get a point. I'm still upset about the Pouliot penalty. They missed one on the Lightning when they hooked Pouliot and then called one on him right after. I do blame Pouliot for the late hit though, stupidity in a very important game.

I sure was disappointed to see him retaliate after the whistle. I guess that he learned a hard lesson tonight. Mind you, Lecavalier did not help his team either.

I hate to say it, but that was a dive by PK on the Lecavalier slash. He hit him where there's alot of padding, on the pants. Anyway, nice win given all the injuries.

I hate to say it, but that was a dive by PK on the Lecavalier slash. He hit him where there's alot of padding, on the pants. Anyway, nice win given all the injuries.

I think he embelished it a bit too. But that was a hard slash, that's for sure.

I think he embelished it a bit too. But that was a hard slash, that's for sure.

Cue the media backlash for PK not showing enough respect by expressing pain. dry.gif

Cue the media backlash for PK not showing enough respect by expressing pain. dry.gif

Don't laugh, my friend sent me a ridiculous e-mail about Subban writhing on the ice and somehow linked it to the Canadiens being hated.

Funny that people are still trying the spin o rama routine.

St. Louis scored on it 2 games ago.

It makes good highlight material when it works but when it doesn't, wow does it ever look ridiculous.

I find it infinitely more classy to pick a corner and beat the goalie like Dawes and Cammy did.

Maybe next year we'll see the double lutz make it's way into the shootout.

Don't laugh, my friend sent me a ridiculous e-mail about Subban writhing on the ice and somehow linked it to the Canadiens being hated.

I find the French media to be more then a bit funny/sad. Lecavalier slashes Subban and the culprit is Subban. If some other player with a non French name had hit PK the Media would be all over that player for attacking a Montreal Player. See Chara hit, not the same but I think you see my point. Lecavalier is a hero in Montreal French Media.

On HFboards they're

1) Calling Subban a classless diver and/or

2) Saying he got what was coming to him for being so classless all the time and/or

3) Saying the way the other Habs players just stood around him proves that his teammates can't stand him.

I read those boards to try to gauge public opinion but there is a ridiculous anti-Habs bias over there, especially for Subban. He gets compared to Cooke, Avery, et al, and people often say they can't wait for him to get what's coming to him. There are also plenty of blatant anti-French comments that don't get moderated. Based on all the emotion and biases fans clearly use in their analysis of hockey, I absolutely refuse to believe that racism is not a factor in the Subban hate. The guy has done nothing that a guy like Mike Cammalleri hasn't also done.

Oh, and there's also talk of Price's WTF gesture toward Purcell as a sign of disrespect from another classless, young habs.

On HFboards they're

1) Calling Subban a classless diver and/or

2) Saying he got what was coming to him for being so classless all the time and/or

3) Saying the way the other Habs players just stood around him proves that his teammates can't stand him.

I read those boards to try to gauge public opinion but there is a ridiculous anti-Habs bias over there, especially for Subban. He gets compared to Cooke, Avery, et al, and people often say they can't wait for him to get what's coming to him. There are also plenty of blatant anti-French comments that don't get moderated. Based on all the emotion and biases fans clearly use in their analysis of hockey, I absolutely refuse to believe that racism is not a factor in the Subban hate. The guy has done nothing that a guy like Mike Cammalleri hasn't also done.

Oh, and there's also talk of Price's WTF gesture toward Purcell as a sign of disrespect from another classless, young habs.

Couldn't agree more. Sure Subban might be a little mouthy but it's pretty obvious that Pernell Karl is a top shelf player who is only going to get better with time.

I can accept fans from this or that city not liking the Habs having a long term weapon in Subbs but the HATE seems far too widespread to be purely about his skill...or mouth.

If you've ever played one of the COD games online it's equally terrible and enlightening to find out what people really think when they can hide behind a screen name.

I don't think so. PK is not known to dive, even in the OHL.

I have been hit there (and not nearly as hard) and I was dropped just like that. There is a weak spot at the hit joint in most hockey pants. It doesn't "injure" you, but it hurts big time.

I don't think so. PK is not known to dive, even in the OHL.

I have been hit there (and not nearly as hard) and I was dropped just like that. There is a weak spot at the hit joint in most hockey pants. It doesn't "injure" you, but it hurts big time.

I think so. And for what it's worth, Michel Bergeron said he was seen laughing on the bench. If there's any truth to that, it looks bad.

I think so. And for what it's worth, Michel Bergeron said he was seen laughing on the bench. If there's any truth to that, it looks bad.

Well, PK limped off directly to the dressing room after the slash, so any laughing on the bench would have come in the 2nd period or later. I think that's an acceptable amount of time to pass before he's able to laugh again. happy.gif

Tampa really called Subban out in the media after this one. Here are some of the post game comments:

Lecavalier:

"He was obviously faking. Maybe in a game like soccer, where it happens a lot and it's part of the game, it's fine. But hockey, it's not a game like that. Guys just don't go down. It's the way it's always been. Of course, there's a few guys like that, and he's one of them."

Guy Boucher:

"When you see P.K. almost dying on the floor there, it has a tendency to make you give a worse penalty to Vinny. He got away with what he wanted."

Malone, comparing it to Derek Jeter faking being hit by a pitch:

"Jeter I can understand a little bit. But to stay down on the ice like he was in shock or broke his arm … we're hockey players. I always tell my wife, if I'm down on the ice, I'm probably unconscious. Otherwise, you are supposed to get up.

"But the game is changing. You're seeing more of these young guys come in. I think a lot of people have already talked about Subban and how he plays and the lack of respect for the guys who played before."

Lecavalier again:

"He's the type of guy who doesn't respect anybody. He's not a well-liked guy, not because of the way he plays, (but) because of the way he does things. He's a great player. He will be for a long time. But his attitude, just the way he is … ."

More quotes here: http://www.tampabay....ubban-a/1158360

Tampa really called Subban out in the media after this one. Here are some of the post game comments:

Lecavalier:

Guy Boucher:

Malone, comparing it to Derek Jeter faking being hit by a pitch:

Lecavalier again:

More quotes here: http://www.tampabay....ubban-a/1158360

I talked to one of my son's power skating coaches who played with Subban, Tavares, Stamkos etc and he pretty much validated that PK is a jerk off on the ice. That he never shuts up and was arrogant and chippy and tightwalked the edge. He had nothing but good things to say about Tavares and Stamkos.

I understand that people hate him for reasons that have everything to do with his jersey and his colour, but I am beginning to believe that the truth lies somewhere in between.

I am tired of defending the guy only to see him involved in another incident and another player calling him out. At first it was easy to refute the claims because it was Cherry, Richards, Stock, Milbury etc, but the players who are beginning to complain are no longer hypocritical idiots.

That slash was a violent two handed slash, but we all know PK played that up.

If you begin defending somebody based solely on their jersey, then you become just as clueless as those who attack for the opposite reason.

I like that someone as respected as Wamsley has come out and said this. His antics on the ice, in my opinion, are becoming a problem. I love what PK brings to the team in terms of talent, and hope he plays here well into his 30's. But something is not right.

I like that someone as respected as Wamsley has come out and said this. His antics on the ice, in my opinion, are becoming a problem. I love what PK brings to the team in terms of talent, and hope he plays here well into his 30's. But something is not right.

There's a stat I'm mentioning in the HW Recap (which will be up a day early, by the way), which mentions that Subban is 3rd in the NHL in minor penalties taken, tops among d-men. That's most certainly problematic. Moving forward into the postseason, that's gotta be quelled and soon. Does he get more grief than he probably should? Yeah, I think it's fair to say that. But, is he contributing to his own problems? Absolutely.