GDT: Habs @ Boo-uins March 24th, 2011

bar

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I am not too happy with JM trying to matchup constantly. Can't get a rush going as he is constantly pulling guys off.

And now the crappy goal to make it 2-0...

JM has to take the reins off and stop trying to change the lines constantly.

I have a feeling Recchi is going to have a career ending injury tonight ;)

I as from Recchi's hometown and always had lotsa respect for him, but would be pretty funny if that did actually happen tonite.

Karma. lol

Stupid comments from Recchi.

Hoping for a career-ending injury to Mark Recchi, because of some stupid remark he made to the press, is totally out of line.

I think Brunet called it - too many players in the Habs' lineup who have sat out too many games. They're not in their groove. (Of course, if Cammy and Gomer were playing decent hockey, that'd help too).

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

What a pathetic performance.. boys too scared to take a hit.. worse PK I have seen in ages.. Price flopping all over..

3 -0 in the first.. this is not the performance they needed to make a statement. A timeout at this point is needed to send a message.. get you butts skating.

Seriously...if they're not gonna play hockey at least goon it up, break some ankles, hack some arms...

The team is playing small, for the first time they actually look outmatched by the Bruins, they look scared, timid and nothing like they should be.

Edited by bar

Better be seeing Auld in the 2nd, Price looks like he's scared out there. Boston beat him 4 times on that 4 minute PP, they just missed the net on the first 3. No point in hanging him out to dry like the Ranger game.

We are screwed if we end up playing these guys in the first round. I know some people have this fantasy that we will beat them, but right now this team is afraid to play in Boston and that is where 4 games will be.

Between the guys ducking every hit and JM constantly trying to juggle lines, we let the Bruins out skate us and out play us. Now they are up by three and will coast. I am sure they will be happy to pound the snot out of White or Mara, but it is not going to help the Habs any.

For craps sake why are the hockey gods cruel. Of all the teams to give breaks to, they give it to the Bruins, as of today I am a atheist!

I was thinking that this game must surely disprove the existence of the hockey gods. No way should the Bruins be getting these kinds of bounces.

Gah, I'm all riled up.

GO HABS GO!!!!

Between the guys ducking every hit and JM constantly trying to juggle lines, we let the Bruins out skate us and out play us. Now they are up by three and will coast. I am sure they will be happy to pound the snot out of White or Mara, but it is not going to help the Habs any.

Only caught the tail end of the note but apparently it's been made known already that they will be trying to take out White tonight. (Pierre McGuire's notes between the benches.)

By the way, the boston game plan was simple. they yapped it up and and scared the habs. The league told them all not to goon it up. Then the Bruins just came out and drove the net, knowing that a physical game will be fine by them, and even better, a fast game where the habs are scared it will get physical.

Better be seeing Auld in the 2nd, Price looks like he's scared out there. Boston beat him 4 times on that 4 minute PP, they just missed the net on the first 3. No point in hanging him out to dry like the Ranger game.

I don't think its Carey's fault. He can't see jack!... bruins are working hard at making cross ice passes in the Habs zone with a big player in front of him. Alot of puck movement before the big shot!

We aren't done yet! Go habs! Out work these guys!

I don't think its Carey's fault. He can't see jack!... bruins are working hard at making cross ice passes in the Habs zone with a big player in front of him. Alot of puck movement before the big shot!

We aren't done yet! Go habs! Out work these guys!

The first goal, I agree, not on him. The 2nd goal was a joke that he put in himself, while he literally (though I'm sure not deliberately), got out of the way for Horton to score on the PP. That was overplaying the pass just a little too far. He's been lunging and flailing all night, his rebound control isn't sharp and neither is his puckhandling. He just doesn't have it tonight, it happens.

We are screwed if we end up playing these guys in the first round. I know some people have this fantasy that we will beat them, but right now this team is afraid to play in Boston and that is where 4 games will be.

I think you need to consider all of the games these two teams have played this season. Judging the Habs on 20 mins might be a bit off.

Also, there are 40 mins left. Let's hope they regroup during the next 15 mins and come out stronger in the second.

Things have not been very good thus far but let's not count them out just yet.

Edited by BrenDittero