(1) Vancouver vs. (2) San Jose

*This page will be updated after the completion of each round

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be great!

Who see's upsets!

Washington could be upset again . They have been playing great... but they did go 1-3 VS the Rangers this season.

Miller would have to carry Buffalo past Philly, I think Philly will have that one.

We can totally beat Boston and everyone knows this is an even series.

Pittsburgh VS Tampa, that will be a fun one to watch, I'm routing for Tampa, I'm from Nova Scotia, but I never liked Crosby. Stamkos is a much classier act and I also am big fans of Dwayne Roloson and St Louis.

Round 1

Eastern Conference

(1) Washington vs. (8) New York

(2) Philadelphia vs. (7) Buffalo

(3) Boston vs. (6) Montreal

(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Tampa Bay

Predictions for the East Round 1:

New York beats Washington in 7 ( just hoping for an upset here )

Philly beats Buffalo in 6

Montreal beats Boston in 6

Tampa beats Pittsburgh in 6

my predictions are that -

in the east Caps beat NYR in 6, Flyers beat Sabres in 7, Habs dump Boston out in 6, Bolts beat Pens in 6.

in the west Vancouver beats Dallas/Hawks in 5, Sharks beat LA in 5, Wings beat Coyotes in 5 and finally Nashville beat Anaheim in 7

My predictions for the East:

Washington beats NY in 6 games: This will be a great series. Ovechkin will certainly want to eliminate any doubt there might be about his ability to compete after that bad season based on what we are used to seeing from him. Holtby has been great for the caps and so has Nieuvirth. Lundqvist is the key to the Rangers upset, he needs to be on top of his game. Gaborik, Drury, Dubinsky, Wolski, Anisimov and others need to score against Washington's defense, which is way better then the defense that faced the Habs last year. While the Rangers should be a good challenge for Washington, I believe the Caps will win it.

Philadelphia beats Buffalo in 5 games: Philly has been a dominant team ALL SEASON. While lately they have been pretty ordinary, they are a team that is BUILT FOR THE PLAYOFFS. Their only problem is in nets, Bobrovsky, Leighton or Boucher need to step it up and lead this team to the top, kinda like Leighton did last year, he got the job done. Their defense isn't perfect, but it's the best in the league after Vancouver's. The key for the Sabres if they wanna pull off this upset is goaltending. Ryan Miller needs to bring his A game to the table. If he gets injured, they at least have a rookie backup that played a big role in clinching the a spot for the team in the playffs: Enroth. Vanek, Gerbe, Ennis, Stafford and the rest of the offense need to not get intimidated by Phillys super-sized defense. The bottom 6 needs to protect the key players from this agressive Philly team. In the end, I believe that while Buffalo do have a chance, the Borad Street Bullies will come out on top

Montreal beats Boston in 7 games: This will probably be the best series in the East. This rivalry is probably the most heated and filed with memorable moments in NHL history, From the Original Six era to today, those teams have always fought hard. This season, we have had a lot of emotional games against the Bruins, highlighted of course by the Chara-Pacioretty incident. The Habs need to come in expecting to be hit, roughed up and checked every night. Guys like White, Halpern, Darche Moen, Mara, Sopel, Subban, Hamrlik, Spacek need to be perfect defensively and protect our smurfs scorers. Kosttisyn will have a key role, as his size and his shot will be an asset for the habs. Pouliot and Eller need to step it up, so do veterans like Cammalleri, Gionta (he leads the team in goals, but could have ended the season with at least 20 more had he finished more). Not to mention, Scott Gomez has a chance to redeem himself for his pathetic season. The most important thing for Montreal is to not let the Bruins trick them into taking bad penalties. The lasrt thing the Habs want is to give the Bruins opportunities to unleash that lethal poweplay. With offense provided by Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Krejci, Recchi, Ryder and defenemen like Chara, Kaberle, Seidenberg, this is a poweplay u do not wanna mess with. As for goaltending, Carey Price has proved himself as an excellent goaltender who will be a candidate for the Vezina for many years to come, including this year. He has been so valuable to this team this season. However, he still has to prove himself in the playoffs. He choked in his rookie season, the following season too and last year, Halak almost carried this team to a Stanley Cup final. Price has A LOT of pressure on his shoulders, it's ok if the team doesn't make it to the ECF, but he needs to be on top of his game every night. As for Thomas, he's old and has had an amazing season. His stats show how hungry he is to win and he will stop at nothing to do so. Montreal has had the historic advantage over Boston and Tim Thomas has been average against the Habs. Montreal also needs to remember Max Pacioretty and fight for him. In the end, I believe that the habs will come out as the winners, but that's just my opinion, the rest is possible. This series could go to any of those teams.

Tampa Bay beats Pittsburgh in 7 games: What a series this will be. A team led by a rookie coach called Guy Boucher and a team that has been playing amazing without two of the 10 best players in this league, one of them being the best player the NHL has seen in years. Tampa has been carried by the likes of St. Louis Stamkos, Lecavalier, Malone, Moore, Downie and others. Their D is pretty good and the goalies have done what they needed to. Roloson has been good with them. For Pittsburgh, guys with expierience like Kovalev, Martin are key. They have an excellent goalie in M-A Fleury and a capable backup in Johnson. Their offense is still incredible minus Sid and Malikin, powered by the likes of Kovy, Neal, Staal, Letestu, Dupuis, Kunitz. Their defense is pretty good. Letang has had an excellent year, Martin is a good asset, (althought he has been underperforming) Michalek gets the job done, Niskanen isn't all that bad. This team has shown it never gives up and if Crosby comes back in the middle of this series, it will give them an even bigger advantage. I say Tampa will win because I believe that Stamkos and St. Louis will make the difference. This will be a tight series, but I give it to Tampa.

Edited by HabsTrick450

Well all the series are locked in. Should be a fun playoffs with a few upsets:

My Predictions:

Eastern Conference

(1) Washington vs. (8) New York (Caps 4-1)

(2) Philadelphia vs. (7) Buffalo (Flyers 4-1)

(3) Boston vs. (6) Montreal (Habs 4-2)

(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Tampa Bay (Lightning 4-2)

Western Conference

(1) Vancouver vs. (8) Chicago (Canucks 4-2)

(2) San Jose vs. (7) Los Angeles (Sharks 4-3)

(3) Detroit vs. (6) Phoenix (Wings4-1)

(4) Anaheim vs. (5) Nashville (Preds 4-2)

Edited by Habsfan84

Eastern Conference

(1) Washington vs. (8) New York in 6

(2) Philadelphia in 5 vs. (7) Buffalo

(3) Boston in 5 vs. (6) Montreal

(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Tampa Bay in 6

Western Conference

(1) Vancouver in 6 vs. (8) Chicago

(2) San Jose in 6 vs. (7) Los Angeles

(3) Detroit vs. (6) Phoenix in 6

(4) Anaheim in 6 vs. (5) Nashville

We have upset the Bruins for so long. One day logic will be respected. Hopefully not this year. :1gohabs:

Eastern Conference

(1) Washington vs. (8) New York (4-3 Rangers)

(2) Philadelphia vs. (7) Buffalo (4-1 Flyers)

(3) Boston vs. (6) Montreal (4-3 Canadiens)

(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Tampa Bay (4-3 Lightening)

Western Conference

(1) Vancouver vs. (8) Chicago (4-2 Canucks)

(2) San Jose vs. (7) Los Angeles (4-3 Kings)

(3) Detroit vs. (6) Phoenix (4-0 Red Wings)

(4) Anaheim vs. (5) Nashville (4-2 Ducks)

For the East:

New York will beat Washington in 7, going to be close but I don't think Varlamov can out play Lunquist, going to be a come from behind win for the Ranger.

Philly will beat Buffalo quick, Miller is great, but I don't the the Sabers can deal with Philly's physical play style.

Montreal will beat Boston in overtime of game 7, everntually their speed will wear out Boston and their power play will provide the bulk of their offense.

Tampa will beat Pittsburg, but it will go to 7 because Fleury will keep the Penguins in it.

My team to watch to make the surprising run this year is the Montreal Canadiens, they had a taste of success last season.

For the West:

Vancouver will beat the Hawks, but the 2 losses will be high scoring games, I don't think Luongo will be as rock steady as people believe he will be.

LA will beat San Jose in 7, I don't think Niemi is the new Chris Osgood, doubt he'll repeat his playoff performance of last year.

Detroit will sweep Phoenix, their Detroit and that what they do, even without Zetterberg too much talent up front for Phoenix to handle.

Anaheim will beat Nashville, they can all buy Getzlaf a steak for leading the offense in the series and Hiller will play excellent.

My team to watch to make the surprising run is the Los Angeles Kings, they have the young talent that can step up and take them far.

Finals will be:

Montreal/Phily vs. Detroit/ Los Angeles

Watch how wrong I'll be. lol

Brian (dlbalr), Fred (JoeLassister) and myself give our prediction and 'expert' (cough) analysis for the other seven series:

East: http://habsworld.net...cle.php?id=2457

West: http://habsworld.net...cle.php?id=2458

Enjoy!

Did Norm send his stuff for the West? I forwarded to you his stuff for the East, let me know if you didn't get it.

Brian (dlbalr), Fred (JoeLassister) and myself give our prediction and 'expert' (cough) analysis for the other seven series:

East: http://habsworld.net...cle.php?id=2457

West: http://habsworld.net...cle.php?id=2458

Enjoy!

What was that guys ? Phoenix ?!?! You better cough... tongue.gif

Luongo pulled for Cory Schneider to start Game 6. Now that's a gutsy call.

Looks like it didn't pan out. Are the Canucks this year's Boston Bruins?

Looks like it didn't pan out. Are the Canucks this year's Boston Bruins?

I hope so.

I don't have any emotional stake in the Nucks so I'm happy to see a major upset. Keeps things interesting.

Tomorrow night is going to be an amazing 6 hours of hockey watching.

The Buffalo / Philly series is another one that I'd like to see end in an upset.

Round 2 without Vancouver and Philly would dramatically change the playoff landscape for the teams remaining.

Edited by BrenDittero

Two game 7's tonight and two more tomorrow.

Buffalo / Philly

Vancouver / Chicago

Pittsburgh / Tampa

Montreal / Boston

Who advances to round 2?

I'll take Buffalo, Chicago and Pittsburgh and Montreal.

Edited by BrenDittero

Burrows. Disgusting turnover by Campoli.

Glad to see at least one Canadian team go through round 1.

Ottawa fans will find the sight familiar. Hard to imagine why he didn't go up the boards with that pass.