GDT: Game 4 - Bruins @ Habs Apr. 21, 2011

bar

Good for you, hope you're happy with that good start. Surely you get the point I'm trying to make though.

I fully understand your point about Gomez. He's over paid and under producing. His contract was a mistake...we all get it.

The fact remains that we're in the playoffs now, the money has been spent and I'd rather see that investment on the ice TRYING to setup goals or score than rotting away on the bench.

I'm not happy with him either, but for now I appreciate his two assists that lead us to victories in Boston.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not starting a new thread on this so I'll just note it here. As a result for taking a day off on Tuesday (the game leading to this one), the Habs were fined $10,000 by the league. Given what Ference got as a result of his actions during Game 4, it's quite funny to see the Habs get 4 times that for their lack of actions (not making anyone available to the media) before the game. Methinks this needs to be tweaked in the next CBA...

http://twitter.com/#!/renhockey/status/62215680195436544

I'm not starting a new thread on this so I'll just note it here. As a result for taking a day off on Tuesday (the game leading to this one), the Habs were fined $10,000 by the league. Given what Ference got as a result of his actions during Game 4, it's quite funny to see the Habs get 4 times that for their lack of actions (not making anyone available to the media) before the game. Methinks this needs to be tweaked in the next CBA...

http://twitter.com/#...215680195436544

How does this make any sense at all? Is it an attempt to keep teams competitive or something? This is the silliest thing I've heard of since players got suspended for not attending the All-Star game.

How does this make any sense at all? Is it an attempt to keep teams competitive or something? This is the silliest thing I've heard of since players got suspended for not attending the All-Star game.

It's because since there was no practice, there was no one to talk to the media. In the playoffs, that's a no-no; someone (even if it's just a player or two) is supposed to be available at a designated time on all days of the postseason. On the other off days in this round, the Habs sent a few guys to talk at a hotel or at the practice facility, just didn't bother on Tuesday.

It's because since there was no practice, there was no one to talk to the media. In the playoffs, that's a no-no; someone (even if it's just a player or two) is supposed to be available at a designated time on all days of the postseason. On the other off days in this round, the Habs sent a few guys to talk at a hotel or at the practice facility, just didn't bother on Tuesday.

*rolls eyes*

Lame, but thanks for the explanation.