Series Discussion: Moose vs Bulldogs

dlbalr

Like last round, here is a place to discuss the upcoming matchup between Manitoba and Hamilton, which seems to be an annual affair now. The schedule:

Apr 28: Game 1 in Hamilton

May 1: Game 2 in Hamilton

May 3: Game 3 in Manitoba

May 4: Game 4 in Manitoba

May 6: Game 5 in Manitoba

May 8: Game 6 in Hamilton

May 9: Game 7 in Hamilton

The series preview/mailbag will be on the site Thursday for those interested, allowing some time to analyze the matchup while also focusing on tonight's Habs/Bruins Game 7.

I'm looking at the Bulldogs stat sheets for the playoffs, and i'm seeing Avtsin with only 1 game played so far. Is he having a Pouliot playoffs or is it something else? Completely unrelated - glad to see Shultz netting some points in the post season. I figured with the rough start he had this year that he would probably be benched for the most part this time of year.

I'm looking at the Bulldogs stat sheets for the playoffs, and i'm seeing Avtsin with only 1 game played so far. Is he having a Pouliot playoffs or is it something else? Completely unrelated - glad to see Shultz netting some points in the post season. I figured with the rough start he had this year that he would probably be benched for the most part this time of year.

Avstin has been in the dog house for awhile now. Brian or Lammy will know more, but he apparently hasn't bought into the defensive side of the game.

I think the big thing with Avtsin is he can't really be trusted right now, kind of like Pouliot, actually. He's erratic in the offensive zone (when he's on, he's great) and as Trizz noted, his defence is shaky. As for Schultz, the only thing keeping him in the lineup is the fact that the coaching staff really, really likes tough guys. Before last night, Schultz was on the ice for every Manitoba goal in the series.

Avtsyn should've played in the OHL this year.

His rights I believe were held by Montreal (QMJHL). Junior hockey would have been most ideal for him but had the Habs pushed for that route, I think he'd have went back to Russia for the season where he'd actually be paid.

That's sad to hear, really. Had high hopes for him. Hope he sticks with it and continues his development in Hamilton as he said he was ready to spend 2-3 years there if necessary.

That's sad to hear, really. Had high hopes for him. Hope he sticks with it and continues his development in Hamilton as he said he was ready to spend 2-3 years there if necessary.

I also had high hopes for him this season based on his his past stats. I have not looked back yet on my writings, but in the Hamilton Bulldogs season preview that was posted here on HW, I recall that I picked Avtsin as the top points scorer as a season prediction. Remind me never to go to Las Vegas. LOL.

He has been a sniper in the shootouts, but he makes the same move each time.....top shelf on the goalie's left side. Once all the teams pick that up, he had better hope that he has new bag of tricks up his sleeve.

I also had high hopes for him this season based on his his past stats. I have not looked back yet on my writings, but in the Hamilton Bulldogs season preview that was posted here on HW, I recall that I picked Avtsin as the top points scorer as a season prediction. Remind me never to go to Las Vegas. LOL.

Speaking of predictions, it's about time your pick for 2nd round breakout scorer gets going. Russell has 2, still waiting for Masse to score...

Speaking of predictions, it's about time your pick for 2nd round breakout scorer gets going. Russell has 2, still waiting for Masse to score...

Oh, the suspense in waiting.... :lol: That's OK. I get to make a new pick for Round 3. It's all good! :D

• 5 weeks later...