GDT: Game 7, Habs vs Bruins

dlbalr

The gods of 1993 paying us back.

The Bruins got the breaks in OT. That is the story of the series.

I was thinking the same thing - Had a bad feeling after the last two OT's.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

brutal.. three OT game losses...

not sure what Pleks was doing there..

Well, we tempted fate all series long and it came back to bite them. They took it farther then I expected, but I didn't like their odds when they let the Bruins back in it.

Note that Philly, Van, and Boston all managed the game 7 win at home.

The gods of 1993 paying us back.

The Bruins got the breaks in OT. That is the story of the series.

You said it. Our boys have nothing to be ashamed of. Sometimes the puck luck just isn't there.

It's really amazing what our team accomplished despite being battered and without key players.

1gohabs.gif

Flyers are a better team than Boston.

better team, but no goalie. If they have to change goalies three times like they did against Buffalo, they are done.

For some reason for the past 20 years, the Flyers have felt a goalie isn't important. Without Price tonight, there is no OT.

I'm done with hockey until october, have a good summer everyone.

I want to see the Bruins get beaten by the Flyers and then Flyers hammered by Washington. After that I don't care.

I do have a feeling though that with the flyers goalie situation, Bruins should win.

A crushing defeat.

But you have to be proud of our boys. They played with all the heart imaginable and then some.

Far be it from me to express sour grapes, but in a series that came down to one goal, d'you think MaxPac might have made a difference? Chara got EXACTLY what he wanted, and now he has been fully rewarded. Thanks, NHL.

Well I hope this was the last game as a habs for Gomez, Moen, Mara, Hamrlik and Spacek.

Unfortunately, I think Pouliot will also be gone the same route as SK74 this summer.

So.. I will say it.. do we win this close series if we have Pacs on the 2nd line? It came down to a single goal three times... a goal we couldn't get. I think we do as it totally changes our offensive balance.

In any case, I hope we find a way to get a bit bigger for next year and also avoid the injury plague.

I couldn't agree more! They through every thing they could at them!

Yep. No Markov, no Gorges, no MaxPac. Then we lost Desharnais, right when he was playing with confidence.

Great minds...

A crushing defeat.

But you have to be proud of our boys. They played with all the heart imaginable and then some.

Far be it from me to express sour grapes, but in a series that came down to one goal, d'you think MaxPac might have made a difference? Chara got EXACTLY what he wanted, and now he has been fully rewarded. Thanks, NHL.

Well I hope this was the last game as a habs for Gomez, Moen, Mara, Hamrlik and Spacek.

Unfortunately, I think Pouliot will also be gone the same route as SK74 this summer.

This is really a discussion for another thread, but I'll say that we may have to keep Gomer around just long enough to shelter Eller so he can continue to develop. The alternative is either to sign some other veteran UFA - likely to a too-long deal, considering that he'll be a stopgap until we have confidence in Eller - or else throw Eller/Desharnais into the breach, a dangerous approach.

Of our veteran D, Gill was CLEARLY the most valuable in this series. I'd re-sign him. Hammer is touch and go, depending on his demands.

Brobin: the message of this season is that headhunting and deliberate attempts to injure are sound strategy, especially against conference rivals.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Every game was a coin flip. Nothing you can do but look toward next year. Price, Subban, Desharnais, Eller and Pacioretty's development give Montreal a lot to look forward to.

I thought you wrote somewhere that you wanted Mara to be brought back. I don't think he will be, but I wouldn't mind. I liked him a lot more this time around than last year.

This is really a discussion for another thread, but I'll say that we may have to keep Gomer around just long enough to shelter Eller so he can continue to develop. The alternative is either to sign some other veteran UFA - likely to a too-long deal, considering that he'll be a stopgap until we have confidence in Eller - or else throw Eller/Desharnais into the breach, a dangerous approach.

Of our veteran D, Gill was CLEARLY the most valuable in this series. I'd re-sign him. Hammer is touch and go, depending on his demands.

Eller showed he deserves a shot to challenge for the #2 line position. I think we can find at least 10 options better then Gomez for a fraction of the price. But you're right, this is a topic for another thread.

It was a fun series to watch. It came down to bounces, and with a myriad of injuries to Montreal for the entire season, it's really amazing that it took bad bounces and missed calls to end their playoff run.

The future is quite bright. You really can't get discouraged by this.

Every game was a coin flip. Nothing you can do but look toward next year. Price, Subban, Desharnais, Eller and Pacioretty's development give Montreal a lot to look forward to.

I thought you wrote somewhere that you wanted Mara to be brought back. I don't think he will be, but I wouldn't mind. I liked him a lot more this time around than last year.

I wanted him back in the series over Spacek, but no way do I want him back next year.

Management MUST proceed with boldness and intelligence. This team is not that far away: a shrewd summer with one or two key moves might put us into the elite echelon, assuming continued progression from PK, Price and MaxPac, and no dramatic regression from aging vets like Markov and Gionta. Everyone is optimistic about our future, but I've heard that song before (e.g., 2008, 1996). It takes real managerial skill to fully realize that potential. Nothing is guaranteed. I for one have great faith in our coach, though.

Another sub-plot for another thread: the impending departure of Muller and, conceivably, Pearn.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Management MUST proceed with boldness and intelligence. This team is not that far away: a shrewd summer with one or two key moves might put us into the elite echelon, assuming continued progression from PK, Price and MaxPac. Everyone is optimistic about our future, but I've heard that song before (e.g., 2008, 1996). It takes managerial skill to fully realize that potential.

Another sub-plot for another thread: the impending departure of Muller and, conceivably, Pearn.

That's what also scares me. I think I've made it clear i'm not a JM fan. Although, I think starting with him having the chat with White (game2??), he seemed much more communicative with his players in this series then I have seen over the past two years. I just hate the handling of Pouliot, the fact that Weber only played 3 games and Eller/Desharnais getting less time then Gomer. This is a young team and they need to play more. I still say if Gorges, Spacek and Hammer hadnt had injuries, PK would not have gotten the chance he did to put up a pretty good numbers during the last 1/3 of the season.

Muller I think has been pegged for NJ, ever since his ex-linemate Maclean got fired and sounds like Pearn is being considered now for Ottawa.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

A crushing defeat.

No doubt about it. And thanks to all the guys on the board for helping to make it a fun and interesting year. We were one shot from a new series.

That's what also scares me. I think I've made it clear i'm not a JM fan. Although, I think starting with him having the chat with White (game2??), he seemed much more communicative with his players in this series then I have seen over the past two years. I just hate the handling of Pouliot, the fact that Weber only played 3 games and Eller/Desharnais getting less time then Gomer. This is a young team and they need to play more. I still say if Gorges, Spacek and Hammer hadnt had injuries, PK would not have gotten the chance he did to put up a pretty good numbers during the last 1/3 of the season.

Muller I think has been pegged for NJ, ever since his ex-linemate Maclean got fired and sounds like Pearn is being considered now for Ottawa.

We'll never agree on this, but Jesus, JM coaches us to the semi-finals last season and this season gets everything you could possibly hope to get from an injury-decimated roster, all the while bringing along Subban, MaxPac, DD and Eller in exemplary fashion. Surely the body of evidence supports giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Eller did well against the 3rd and 4th lines. Playing him a lot against the top two lines would have been a totally different story. for all that, he wasn't outstanding, he was just holding his own. Let's not rush him.

PK is definitely clutch, as is Cammy.

As far as gomez goes, not sure if we can get rid of him or not, but with our luck, he will rebound next year somewhere else.