The Jagr Poll

JoeLassister

The Jagr Poll  

41 members have voted

1. 1. With a realistic money-wise 1 year contract, would you like to see Jaromir Jagr with the Habs next season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really get fans sometimes. 'Jagr is a cancer...' etc.. :rolleyes: Like we were all there in the dressing room.

I'm with BTH. IF Jagr can be had affordably - a big 'if' - and if he has something left in the tank, then we should add him to our roster. Cup rings, massive experience, chemistry with Pleks, size, and (potentially, at least some of the time) world-class skills. I'll take a chance on that, thanks.

He's not a stop gap, he's additional depth.

Why does his age matter if he is still a high-end player? He has not fallen off nearly as much as you make it sound. Since the lockout:

04-05: 26-23-39 in 32 games with Avangard Omsk

05-06: 54-69-123 in 82 games with the NY Rangers

06-07: 30-66-96 in 82 games with the NY Rangers

07-08: 25-46-71 in 82 games with the NY Rangers

08-09: 25-28-53 in 55 games with Avangard Omsk

09-10: 22-20-42 in 51 games with Avangard Omsk

10-11: 19-32-51 in 49 games with Avangard Omsk

2011 World Championships: 5-4-9 in 9 games with Czech Republic

Note that his recent KHL seasons are comparable to his 04-05 season in the KHL. Even a 40 year old Jagr is arguably Montreal's best winger.

If the Canadiens are looking to win a Cup within two years, they will be looking to make veteran additions like Jagr. They won't win with their current roster. If you want a power forward, Jagr is the closest thing to a power forward Montreal will find.

thanks for providing the stats you prove my point 123 pts in 06 71 in 08 and what he did in the khl is not really relevant since it is a second class league. So 4 years ago he had 71 points and this is why we should jump on him. In his day he had awesome talent unfortunately that was yesterday or maybe the day before. This team has all the experience it needs. We are 1 or 2 guys away from being an elite team. Jagr is 1 or 2 steps from retiring.

I don't really get fans sometimes. 'Jagr is a cancer...' etc.. :rolleyes: Like we were all there in the dressing room.

I'm with BTH. IF Jagr can be had affordably - a big 'if' - and if he has something left in the tank, then we should add him to our roster. Cup rings, massive experience, chemistry with Pleks, size, and (potentially, at least some of the time) world-class skills. I'll take a chance on that, thanks.

of course I would expect you to say nothing else, but let me ask you if it becomes a choice of bieska or markov or maybe someone who can make a real long term difference or Jagr what do you say then?

thanks for providing the stats you prove my point 123 pts in 06 71 in 08 and what he did in the khl is not really relevant since it is a second class league. So 4 years ago he had 71 points and this is why we should jump on him. In his day he had awesome talent unfortunately that was yesterday or maybe the day before. This team has all the experience it needs. We are 1 or 2 guys away from being an elite team. Jagr is 1 or 2 steps from retiring.

No one thinks he can score 100 points but he doesn't seem to have fallen off since his 71 point season. When he was a dominant player, he scored 39 points in 32 KHL games. This year he scored 51 in 49. He is more comparable to Lidstrom than Sundin.

of course I would expect you to say nothing else, but let me ask you if it becomes a choice of bieska or markov or maybe someone who can make a real long term difference or Jagr what do you say then?

To ask is to answer the question.

Just as a pure hockey fan, I would like to see Jagr go back and finish his career with Pittsburgh. It would be exciting to watch him play with Crosby or Malkin and probably go deep into the playoffs. As a Habs fan I would also like to see him sign in Montreal. I don't know how people can be against a first ballot hall of famer potentially joining their team, even if he is "old". You want a big top 6 forward that can put up some points? Well here he is. Obviously the defense situation has to cleared up before something like this were to happen, but if it can, I'll give it the Jagr salute!

No one thinks he can score 100 points but he doesn't seem to have fallen off since his 71 point season. When he was a dominant player, he scored 39 points in 32 KHL games. This year he scored 51 in 49. He is more comparable to Lidstrom than Sundin.

and of course the question is who's spot does he take?

and of course the question is who's spot does he take?

Halpern and Darche are UFA's, Pouliot is likely done. If we retain Darche:

Cammalleri-Plex-Jagr

Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta

Darche-Desharnais-Kostitsyn

Moen-Eller-White

Pyatt

Seems to be enough spots to go around.

Cammalleri-Plex-Jagr

Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta

Moen-Eller-White

Pyatt

I could live with that lineup.

i may have to change my opinion I guess I never realized that he is 6 3 and 240 lbs. He plays much smaller I think. :habslogo:

I've always considerd Jagr to be one of the toughest player to play agaisnt along the board. That guy just never lose the puck.

i may have to change my opinion I guess I never realized that he is 6 3 and 240 lbs. He plays much smaller I think. :habslogo:

When he has the puck on his stick around the boards, he plays like BGL. I think he could take Pouliot's spot. I wouldn't want to get rid of Kosty or any of our core players for him. I want to ADD him, not replace someone with him.

Cammalleri-Plex-Jagr

Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta

Moen-Eller-White

Pyatt

That is a Cup contending forward group.

Throw in Price and

Markov-Gorges

Subban-Gill

Spacek-Weber/Emelin

Diaz/Picard

and this team is one of the strongest in the league.

When he has the puck on his stick around the boards, he plays like BGL. I think he could take Pouliot's spot. I wouldn't want to get rid of Kosty or any of our core players for him. I want to ADD him, not replace someone with him.

Throw in Price and

Markov-Gorges

Subban-Gill

Spacek-Weber/Emelin

Diaz/Picard

well you guys are pretty convincing but what about the team chem? Is he a prima donna or will he be ok?

well you guys are pretty convincing but what about the team chem? Is he a prima donna or will he be ok?

Who knows? All I know is that he has chemistry with Plekanec.

Throw in Price and

Markov-Gorges

Subban-Gill

Spacek-Weber/Emelin

Diaz/Picard

until injuries happen...ph34r.gif

71 pts isn't bad. how many 71+pts player did we have last year?

Ok hmm, how many 50+ pts player did we have last year?

71 pts isn't bad. how many 71+pts player did we have last year?

Ok hmm, how many 50+ pts player did we have last year?

And how much do we pay him? we already have a 7 million dollar bust and a 3.5 million 35+ also 71 pts was how many years ago? If we could sign him for say 1.5 mill maybe take a flyer. But do u really think he is going to sign cheap? He will get far more in the KHL. It is always nice to dream but hey I hear wayne wants to conme back let's sign him.

And how much do we pay him? we already have a 7 million dollar bust and a 3.5 million 35+ also 71 pts was how many years ago? If we could sign him for say 1.5 mill maybe take a flyer. But do u really think he is going to sign cheap? He will get far more in the KHL. It is always nice to dream but hey I hear wayne wants to conme back let's sign him.

Jagr has to know he'd have to take less in the NHL than the KHL. The rumoured stuff with Edmonton had him taking 4 mil a couple years ago (he makes ~5 million if I remember correctly in Russia). 2 years later, that amount's bound to come down.

Jagr has to know he'd have to take less in the NHL than the KHL. The rumoured stuff with Edmonton had him taking 4 mil a couple years ago (he makes ~5 million if I remember correctly in Russia). 2 years later, that amount's bound to come down.

so how much do u think he will sign for? I think he wants 4 mill minimum. He ain't worth the risk. my opinion only

so how much do u think he will sign for? I think he wants 4 mill minimum. He ain't worth the risk. my opinion only

I think if it's in the NHL, it won't start with more than a 2. As I said, his asking price can't go up from the 4 he was talking with Edmonton a couple years back. He has limited his teams to basically 8 (NYR, PIT, and all of Canada - he may have said the Habs but it was in the context of speaking about Canada) which will limit his bargaining power. If he wants to get the most money possible, he knows it'll be in the KHL.

We are paying $1.5M for Moen, I'd rather move Moen and pay Jagr double that.

I think if it's in the NHL, it won't start with more than a 2. As I said, his asking price can't go up from the 4 he was talking with Edmonton a couple years back. He has limited his teams to basically 8 (NYR, PIT, and all of Canada - he may have said the Habs but it was in the context of speaking about Canada) which will limit his bargaining power. If he wants to get the most money possible, he knows it'll be in the KHL.

I honestly do not see him signing for that kind of money, hell Sundin got 10 mill (prorated) out of Vancouver. Spacek got 3.8 out of us. I am not convinced that he is what we need but at a cheap enough price I'd give it a shot. I believe he is about done, why come back now? 3 years later? Maybe the money in the KHL is drying up? I don't know but it seems strange to me. He could not get 5 mill in the NHL 3 years ago and he wants to come back? absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess.

I don't see a down side to Jagr if the money is realistic. It would take alot of pressure off of Cammy and Gionta to be majority goal scorers. You throw Jagr on a line with Plekanec and Cammy and I think magic will happen. Plekanec has another threat to pass to, Cammy has less pressure to produce goals (not that Cammy deals badly with goal scoring pressure) so he's more relaxed and probably will score more goals. He could push the habs to the top 3 in the east, also has a cup and playoff experience.

Bring Jagr as long as it doesn't cost Montreal any young players, ditch Pouliot or send him to the minors.