The Jagr Poll

JoeLassister

The Jagr Poll  

41 members have voted

1. 1. With a realistic money-wise 1 year contract, would you like to see Jaromir Jagr with the Habs next season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/83921758087950336

Montreal is the 3rd team in mix for Jagr, he wants to play with Plekanec. Pittsburgh seems less interested than Detroit. Says nothing about Montreal's interest, but we do know Goats is at least talking to Svoboda about Hamrlik, could be talking to him about Jagr as well.

Montreal is the 3rd team in mix for Jagr, he wants to play with Plekanec.

when the Habs resigned Plex, i never realized he was this respected by players like Jagr. makes me even happier that Plex is locked up, whether or not Jagr joins him!

when the Habs resigned Plex, i never realized he was this respected by players like Jagr. makes me even happier that Plex is locked up, whether or not Jagr joins him!

He quickly is becoming one of the more prominent players for the Czech squad; it's understandable that he's starting to have more of a presence with his compatriots.

Long time since we've heard from you revvv, how have things been?

He quickly is becoming one of the more prominent players for the Czech squad; it's understandable that he's starting to have more of a presence with his compatriots.

Long time since we've heard from you revvv, how have things been?

been good - thx! and ya, has been a while - i've been quiet, but never really gone! :ph34r:

to keep my post with the theme ... with Brewer signed at just under 4 mil for 4 years, does this tell us what Wiz is worth, and therefore let the Habs know if they can afford Jagr?

been good - thx! and ya, has been a while - i've been quiet, but never really gone! :ph34r:

to keep my post with the theme ... with Brewer signed at just under 4 mil for 4 years, does this tell us what Wiz is worth, and therefore let the Habs know if they can afford Jagr?

Good to hear that things are well and you're back...though of course, you never left. :ph34r:

I don't see Brewer and Wisniewski being compared, they're polar opposites in terms of style. At this point, I'd frankly be stunned if he were to re-sign with the Habs, let alone receive any offer of substance. Kaberle's deal (whenever that comes) may help shape Wisniewski's.

As for Jagr, they will have the space whether or not they bring in/back another defenceman with the $4.9 million raise in the cap. Though the Habs will see their cap reduced again for going over this past season (which I'm 99.9% sure they did), that shouldn't have too big of an impact.

As the UFA market tightens further, with Laich and Dupuis re-signing today, and Ville Leino seemingly the top UFA forward after Richards, I wonder how much the Habs are willing to offer Jagrmeister.

A one year deal would be perfect for the Habs medium-term cap management. There's money to spare in the short-run, unless there's a trade or a Wiz in the works...

I'd through him as much as $4M for one.

Edited by patience is a virtue

Pens made their offer to Jagr today, and he will answer tomorrow. So if Jagr declines, can we say he's as good as ours?

Let the nervousness set in...

Bah, the Habs never get these types of guys. Pencil him in as a Penguin for 2012.

Bah, the Habs never get these types of guys. Pencil him in as a Penguin for 2012.

I really don't see how Pittsburgh has much money to spend on Jagr (assuming Crosby and Malkin are healthy). And although I won't discount it completely, I would be surprised to see Jagr sigh for less than $2M.

I really don't see how Pittsburgh has much money to spend on Jagr (assuming Crosby and Malkin are healthy). And although I won't discount it completely, I would be surprised to see Jagr sigh for less than $2M.

A Penguin, a Red Wing, whatever. Like I say, the Habs never seem to get these guys.

A Penguin, a Red Wing, whatever. Like I say, the Habs never seem to get these guys.

How much of that is tied to the emotional and historical attachment to the name Jagr? If you remove the name and analyze the players current skill set, couldn't you say the Habs did get this player in Robert Lang in 2008?

They also went for Tanguay and it didn't turn out so well.

I am not concerned about winning the free agent PR battle on July 1st.

How much of that is tied to the emotional and historical attachment to the name Jagr? If you remove the name and analyze the players current skill set, couldn't you say the Habs did get this player in Robert Lang in 2008?

They also went for Tanguay and it didn't turn out so well.

I am not concerned about winning the free agent PR battle on July 1st.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying we'd be acquiring the Jagr of 1991. If he's as good as Lang was for us, though, that'd represent a major acquisition.

What I'm really getting at is that the Habs, unfortunately (or not), just don't seem to have the glamour or cachet that teams like Pittsburgh, Detroit, the Rangers, Colorado, and a couple of other teams seem to possess. If something cool like Jagr returning to the NHL is going to happen, I just think it'll wind up being with one of those 'glamour' teams, not us. Whether this gut feeling makes any sense is another question. ^_^ Of course I should clarify that I won't slit my wrists if Jagr goes elsewhere. But just as a fan, I think it'd be fun to have him in the :habslogo: ...much as it was great fun to have Kovalev.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying we'd be acquiring the Jagr of 1991. If he's as good as Lang was for us, though, that'd represent a major acquisition.

What I'm really getting at is that the Habs, unfortunately (or not), just don't seem to have the glamour or cachet that teams like Pittsburgh, Detroit, the Rangers, Colorado, and a couple of other teams seem to possess. If something cool like Jagr returning to the NHL is going to happen, I just think it'll wind up being with one of those 'glamour' teams, not us. Whether this gut feeling makes any sense is another question. ^_^ Of course I should clarify that I won't slit my wrists if Jagr goes elsewhere. But just as a fan, I think it'd be fun to have him in the :habslogo: ...much as it was great fun to have Kovalev.

I thought he was pushing to go to Montreal?

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/06/29/jagr-mulling-three-contract-offers

"The former NHL star, who has spent the past three seasons in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League, also had offers from the Detroit Red Wings and Montreal Canadiens."

Well so much for Jagr day, with the long awaited answer as to where he will go was to be announced today, apparently he is still undecided. According to the toronto sun and nbc sports, Jagr has three offers on the table. First being the frontrunner penguins, second the highly interested red wings.

And third the wildcard canadiens.

Now PG and Svoboda met yesterday in montreal, and they most likely talked about both Hamrlik and Jagr. Svoboda has a good idea on what's next with Jagr, which is why he stated as of tuesday, Jagr could know where he is landing next.

Svoboda also stated that he'll talk with Shero late in the night or tuesday morning. Gauthier? well, we don't expect nothing to come out of his mouth. That's just the way it is here in montreal.

The picture really isn't all that dark. It's simply logical for these teams to know before july 1st of Jagr's intentions, so this thread will end soon. If anything look at it this way. you could still believe in Jagr wearing a Habs jersey.

Jagr states that he would love to play for montreal next season. Then, PG and Svoboda talked "briefly" from what Marc De Foy gathered and there was no particular interest in Jagr. Not very surprising knowing well, management keeps stuff like this to themselves. after that when people started thinking we were out of the race, Bob Mckenzie tweets, stating we are the 'third mystery team'. This is like saying were still in the race, but nobody knows what PG has in store for us. Now, yesterday, both PG and Svoboda met. Later that day, Svoboda says that as early as tuesday morning, Jagr could know where he will continue his career. The optimist in me will think that Gauthier made a serious offer for Jagr and Svoboda will see what's there in detroit and pittsburgh before deciding. The pessimist in me will think Gauthier declined to think Jagr would help our team and did not show much interest in Jagr, which then finally keeps two teams in the race. Make sense?

'It appears that the demand among NHL clubs for five-time scoring champion Jaromir Jagr is growing.

Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda said that the interest in his client is increasing, according to a report on ESPN.com.

"There's a lot more teams now we're talking to," Svoboda told ESPN.com Thursday evening.'