Upcoming development camp

dlbalr

The first wave of the Habs' 2-part development camp begins next week (June 5-9) with 33 players invited. There are 9 undrafted tryouts, 4 defencemen and 5 goalies including Aaron Dell, once rumoured to have a deal in place with Montreal, plus the unexplainable annual invite to Joseph Quattrocchi. On defence, the Habs have invited half of Miami University's defence corps. As some of you probably already know, no Yemelin or Diaz at this camp. Neither is Paul Zanette who finished the year with Hamilton and played fairly well I thought, I'm a little disappointed there.

Full roster: http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?12422

Am curious how Nattinen, Berger, Bornival, Gallagher, Kristo will fare vs the likes of Conboy, Shultz, Tinordi, Nash?

Dell appears to have very good #s in College?

Dame-Malka has good numbers from the past year, could he be another Bouillon type player? And Ellis hopefully is a Goges type d-man and was a young captain on a very weaak team last year.

Zanette maybe going to 2nd camp in July? or is he done with Bulldogs/Habs?

MacMillan must be a very slim player if he is still only 150lbs.

I'm not sure that the focus of this particular camp is on ice stuff though they will have drills. We won't be able to assess anyone's particular readiness I don't think. If Zanette was going to stick with the team, he'd be at both camps along with the rest of these guys. Dell has good numbers but already has committed to staying in college next year, spurning an entry level deal with the Habs to do so. Most of the height/weight numbers are the same as in camp so I wouldn't put too much stock in those right now, I'm sure MacMillan put on a few pounds this season.

Any word when Kristo and Gallagher will be playing in the AHL?

Kristo is eligible at any time now but is committed to playing at North Dakota next year. Barring a change of heart, the earliest would probably be late March. Gallagher is too young to play in the AHL right now, his WHL team would have to be eliminated for him to sign an ATO which would be mid-April or slightly later (depending on how the Giants rebound this year).

I'm not sure that the focus of this particular camp is on ice stuff though they will have drills. We won't be able to assess anyone's particular readiness I don't think. If Zanette was going to stick with the team, he'd be at both camps along with the rest of these guys. Dell has good numbers but already has committed to staying in college next year, spurning an entry level deal with the Habs to do so. Most of the height/weight numbers are the same as in camp so I wouldn't put too much stock in those right now, I'm sure MacMillan put on a few pounds this season.

Agreed that weight and height numbers are from last years records, the new numbers will be registered after all the camps are done. Zanette may have had prior commitments. I think he played well enough to have look see. I wouldn't dismiss him yet, but presence at both camps would be preferable.

• 4 weeks later...

No point in making a new thread for the one coming up so I'll post invitee notes as they come in. Today, the Habs invited F Etienne Brodeur to camp. He had 53 goals in 68 games with Lewiston (QMJHL) last season.

The first wave of the Habs' 2-part development camp begins next week (June 5-9) with 33 players invited. There are 9 undrafted tryouts, 4 defencemen and 5 goalies including Aaron Dell, once rumoured to have a deal in place with Montreal, plus the unexplainable annual invite to Joseph Quattrocchi. On defence, the Habs have invited half of Miami University's defence corps. As some of you probably already know, no Yemelin or Diaz at this camp. Neither is Paul Zanette who finished the year with Hamilton and played fairly well I thought, I'm a little disappointed there.

Full roster: http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?12422

Who is this guy?

Who is this guy?

He's a relative of someone in the organization, keeps getting an invite for what can only be that reason.

This. Or he has friends in common with Hamrlik and the Kostitsyns...

• 1 month later...

So this isn't exactly about the development camp but it's not new thread worthy either. The Habs have invited goalie Robin Gusse to their upcoming rookie camp. At 5'9 and 166 lbs, the France-born goalie is a little on the little side. http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?12736

This looks like the French version of Darren Pang. I wonder if he has any broadcasting skills!

• 2 weeks later...