The new Winnipeg Jets

JoeLassister

damn guys... no thread...

your thoughts ?

They now have a GM, Kevin Cheveldayoff. He was with the Hawks and Stan Bowman and before with the stacked Chicago Wolves in the AHL.

Can't believe his name ends with "day off". Gotta hope for Winnipeg that this day is not Trade deadline or July 1st... happy.gif

Love it, the more Canadian teams the better I say.

Plus Atlanta was showing signs of a team on the rise so Winnipeg has its hands on a pretty decent team, with Bogosian, Kane, Enstrom and Buf even Little and Pavlec it looks like a pretty solid outfit.

About the name, I think it would be insanity to change it to anything other then the jets, so they must be hung up on "The Manitoba Jets" or "The Winnipeg Jets"

All in all I hope they do great!

They also have the 7th overall pick this year, sold what... 5 years worth of sell outs and 13,000 season tickets in four minutes... I think they are off to a great start :)

Any idea if they will be playing in the North-West or South-East Division? I remember hearing something about having a schedule made for them to play in the SE division.... is that true?

They also have the 7th overall pick this year, sold what... 5 years worth of sell outs and 13,000 season tickets in four minutes... I think they are off to a great start :)

Any idea if they will be playing in the North-West or South-East Division? I remember hearing something about having a schedule made for them to play in the SE division.... is that true?

For this year anyway, they'll stay in the South East, according to Bob McKenzie.

About the name, I think it would be insanity to change it to anything other then the jets, so they must be hung up on "The Manitoba Jets" or "The Winnipeg Jets"

More money in changing the name... new name, new jersey = more people buying jerseys instead of dusting off the old one.

The Winnipeg Mosquitoes?

I can hear it now...'The Mosquitoes are buzzing around the opposition net!!' 'Mosquitoes draw first blood!!' Etc.

The Mosquitoes were squashed... :)

More money in changing the name... new name, new jersey = more people buying jerseys instead of dusting off the old one.

They can make a new jersey and still call the team the Jets. Then bring back the old unis for retro nights.

They can make a new jersey and still call the team the Jets. Then bring back the old unis for retro nights.

Bingo.

But the only thing I have against calling them the Jets (not that I'm really against it, I wouldn't mind and even probably like it), is that the Jets are the franchise currently playing in Phoenix (Glendale).

Bingo.

But the only thing I have against calling them the Jets (not that I'm really against it, I wouldn't mind and even probably like it), is that the Jets are the franchise currently playing in Phoenix (Glendale).

The original Cleveland Browns franchise are the Baltimore Ravens. I see no problem.

As far as switching from Winnipeg to Manitoba, that's fine. My Roughriders did that way back when, and its worked quite well.

• 1 month later...

I like that they didn't go over the top like some teams try to now but it resembles too much of a curling house for my liking. Oh well, as long as their colours aren't yellow, they won't look as tacky as I fear the Nashville jersey will.