• 2,000,000$ to 2,499,999$
    • 2,500,000$ and over
  2. 2. How much for Gorges ? prev : 1,100,000$

• under 2,000,000$
    • 2,000,000$ to 2,499,999$
    • 2,500,000$ to 2,999,999$
    • 3,000,000$ to 3,499,999$
    • 3,500,000$ and over

IMO, Max Pac and Gorges are the two most exciting RFA we have. Time to play the game and guess how much they will notch...

Edit : I made the poll "public" so no one can throw a "this is exactly what I voted for" when they were wrong, hahahaha TAKE THAT !!!

I think the amount is going to be dependent on term. With the Habs practice of short term deals, I see the mistake of a 1 or at most a 2 yr deal between 1.5m-2m for maxpac and a 3-4 year deal for gorges around $3m.

I'd like to see them at least try for a longer term deals with both.

Gorges: 3.5 x 3 or 4.

Pacioretty: I put between 1.5-2 because I think he'll get a two year deal.

They were both injured, Georges especially could have it brought lower. I do not think 2.5 is out of the question.

The injury to Patches puts the Habs in a position of arguing that he hasn't proven anything and should be paid accordingly. But Gorges is a proven and valuable commodity. Another way to put it is: you don't think any team will pay Gorges more than 2.5 mil? Really? Of course they would. This is the NHL we're talking about.

The injury to Patches puts the Habs in a position of arguing that he hasn't proven anything and should be paid accordingly. But Gorges is a proven and valuable commodity. Another way to put it is: you don't think any team will pay Gorges more than 2.5 mil? Really? Of course they would. This is the NHL we're talking about.

I personnaly think Gorges will notch 2,750,000$ as his cap hit.

I personnaly think Gorges will notch 2,750,000$ as his cap hit.

You think he can only get 500K more than Gill?

For two years, I do.

I wonder if there are any comparable players around the league; an RFA with several seasons behind him to prove he's a solid defensive second pairing d-man on his team. Most second pairing d-man at that age are offensive-minded.

I wonder if there are any comparable players around the league; an RFA with several seasons behind him to prove he's a solid defensive second pairing d-man on his team. Most second pairing d-man at that age are offensive-minded.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110603/mtl_habshub_habit_110602/20110603/?hub=MontrealSports

Yikes, did Arpon really say Gorges is more accomplished than Polak? That seems quite, uh, east coast biased of him. Very atypical. Polak and Gorges are very comparable. Just one plays for a better team.

I actually thought of Polak and went to look up his salary but I only found the old salary of 1.2M, didn't realize he had been re-signed. I'm surprised he got that little.

Polak got $2.75/year, which is fine for St.Louis, but the Habs did fine defensively with Gorges gone, so as much as i like his play and effort, i still dont think he would be hard to replace at all and cheaper than $2.75 for sure. But he may get 2.75-3? Gauthier is very hard to predict and i am fine for locking Gorges up for 4 or 5 years and he is still more valuable than a Spacek ever was at $3.8, but a small defensive only d-man shouldnt call for a big salary.

I actually thought of Polak and went to look up his salary but I only found the old salary of 1.2M, didn't realize he had been re-signed. I'm surprised he got that little.

The RFA thing may be a factor. But as a rule the Habs have to pay a little more, presumably to compensate for the taxes. And the notion that Gorges is an interchangeable part is a huge stretch in my books. True, he's no star, but he's about as valuable as a 'role player' ever gets - a heart and soul guy who eats sizeable minutes and helps define the team identity. I say $3 mil. Maybe more.

Gorges is not a mere 'role player'. He's a top 4 D at 26 years old. That makes him valuable. He isn't simply Travis Moen as a D-man.

I agrre gorges 3 years at 3mill would be ok.

I see him as a OK shut down guy (but small) and great team player, but his biggest value may be in a trade, as he and Weber may be only practically tradable, "wanted" players by other teams, unlike a Gomez or Spacek.

If Gauthier coughs up $12 -14m for 4 years, that is fine, but would rather see $11 for 4 years, again maybe i am splittin hairs and do hope that he and Markov both get done soon.

Gorges is not a mere 'role player'. He's a top 4 D at 26 years old. That makes him valuable. He isn't simply Travis Moen as a D-man.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...