Desharnais signs

Trizzak

TSN confirms: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369528

It's a 2 year deal, the first year being $750 000, second year being $950 000, cap hit of $850 000.

In 2 years, will Pacioretty and Desharnais be next year's Price and Subban?

Thats what we should be hoping for.

TSN confirms: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369528

It's a 2 year deal, the first year being $750 000, second year being $950 000, cap hit of $850 000.

In 2 years, will Pacioretty and Desharnais be next year's Price and Subban?

If Pacioretty and Desharnais have the same impact and importance than Price and Subban in 2 years, I promess to use an avatar of your choice for one full NHL season.

If Pacioretty and Desharnais have the same impact and importance than Price and Subban in 2 years, I promess to use an avatar of your choice for one full NHL season.

As long as it's not that Leaf one we had to endure a couple years back...

I dare to dream. And I accept.

As long as it's not that Leaf one we had to endure a couple years back...

hahahahaha Worst. Avatar. Ever.

I dare to dream. And I accept.

*handshake

Love Desharnais and I share Habs29's hope that he spends time on the wing. Although his faceoff prowess is useful. Another good, no-brainer signing.

Those are the type of players that nobody notices when you sign and don't know there name until they are holding up the Cup.

The Wings pickup and develop these cheap players all the time.

Those are the type of players that nobody notices when you sign and don't know there name until they are holding up the Cup.

The Wings pickup and develop these cheap players all the time.

Exact. Helm for example.

I really feel like this guy has 2nd line potential.

He really is a wild card. He has put up elite numbers at every level. He knows how to angle his body to maximize his positioning against much larger players and his on-ice intelligence is far beyond average IMHO. There's no question that if he were six feet tall, people would be anticipating a top-6 role for him. The X-factor is his puny size. Can he withstand a season of NHL combat and produce with some regularity? I say yes, but his size makes him an easy target when he does begin to struggle. We'll see.

He really is a wild card. He has put up elite numbers at every level. He knows how to angle his body to maximize his positioning against much larger players and his on-ice intelligence is far beyond average IMHO. There's no question that if he were six feet tall, people would be anticipating a top-6 role for him. The X-factor is his puny size. Can he withstand a season of NHL combat and produce with some regularity? I say yes, but his size makes him an easy target when he does begin to struggle. We'll see.

I have lots of faith in DD. He is quite comparable to Marty St.Louis at this point in his career. Marty went undrafted as well because of his size, and after some bouncing around, finally came into his own in his mid 20's. Not to say that DD is going to put up MVP numbers, but I won't be surprised if he is one of our top scorers in the next few years. That is, if he is given the opportunity.

Good signing and cheaper than i would of thought? If only Pouliot had the drive of DD or Gionta. Hope Martin gives him some good minutes and PP time.

I have lots of faith in DD. He is quite comparable to Marty St.Louis at this point in his career. Marty went undrafted as well because of his size, and after some bouncing around, finally came into his own in his mid 20's. Not to say that DD is going to put up MVP numbers, but I won't be surprised if he is one of our top scorers in the next few years. That is, if he is given the opportunity.

Thing is, I doubt Desharnais will ever win a fastest skater competition at All-Stars Game... But I'd love him to prove me wrong...

Thing is, I doubt Desharnais will ever win a fastest skater competition at All-Stars Game... But I'd love him to prove me wrong...

He seems adequately fast to me but certainly no Russ Courtnall. What he does have is vastly above-average hockey smarts. If he succeeds, it will not be as a clone of St. Louis, but rather as one of the canniest guys out there. I can see him evolving into an effective second-liner who gets a lot of PP points and is OK 5-on-5. I worry that a player like him always has a bull's-eye on his back as far as the coaches are concerned: once he hits a slump, will he enjoy the luxury of being able to work his way out of it? Or will it be taken as proof positive that he's 'too small' for the NHL?