Sanford Gone

bbp

Well, looks like Curtis Sanford has left for Columbus, does this mean Drew McIntrye is here to stay...

I don't think he'll be back, it'll be a money issue. The Habs took on MacIntyre's one way deal more or less out of desperation when Sanford went down but now that there are other options, they'll probably looking to spend $200k or so as they have been on Sanford. If MacIntyre is willing to take that, then maybe they bring him back but at this time, I don't think he is.

Kami Ramo still is overseas and Robert Mayer is not at all able to be the starter... There are a few goalies out there anyone you think would be a good fit, another strong older player like Sanford or a younger player who we could develop into a backup role for Price perhaps?

Kami Ramo still is overseas and Robert Mayer is not at all able to be the starter... There are a few goalies out there anyone you think would be a good fit, another strong older player like Sanford or a younger player who we could develop into a backup role for Price perhaps?

Here's my list of AHL goalies I think could be interesting:

Drew MacIntyre

Cedrick Desjardins

Tyler Weiman

Nolan Schaefer (and I'm a little leery putting him here)

Martin Gerber is also an option but I'm not sure he sticks around for another year in North America to play AHL hockey. At this point, they may hold hope that someone like McElhinney strikes out in getting a 1-way contract and opts to take a TW deal, the same way we got Sanford originally. If they go for a cheap option, Mike McKenna, Nathan Lawson, and Matt Climie stand out as '105 guys.'

PG now needs to address the goaltending problem in Hamilton. Really thin in this area. Habs didn't draft any goalies this year. What was once a development strength with habs is now a glaring weakness.

Price is a stud, we really do not need to draft goalies for a few years, not like New Jersey drafted many Goalies with Brodeur.

No need, we can sign back ups and others for this position.

Here's my list of AHL goalies I think could be interesting:

Drew MacIntyre

Cedrick Desjardins

Tyler Weiman

Nolan Schaefer (and I'm a little leery putting him here)

Martin Gerber is also an option but I'm not sure he sticks around for another year in North America to play AHL hockey. At this point, they may hold hope that someone like McElhinney strikes out in getting a 1-way contract and opts to take a TW deal, the same way we got Sanford originally. If they go for a cheap option, Mike McKenna, Nathan Lawson, and Matt Climie stand out as '105 guys.'

That would be funny, lets take him back from Boucher!

Personnally I like what I seen from Weiman. They should be announcing next development camp roster soon. Our new goalie should be there.

If it's a guy like Weiman or MacIntyre, it won't be. Guys in their late 20's/early 30's don't go to these camps.

If it's a guy like Weiman or MacIntyre, it won't be. Guys in their late 20's/early 30's don't go to these camps.

Maybe not, but I think these development camps are firstly to instill the Canadien culture so I wouldn't be surprised to see one of these guys. Hell, we don't even have a coach yet.

Martin Gerber is also an option

OMG!!! :1vomit:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Look what I just discovered in the emoticons!!! :Bulldogs: I'm going to have fun with this one!!! LOL! :Bulldogs: