Gomez to the Preds?

jmaac1

Same here. Ahhhhh I remember the days when I was hoping that Vinny would get his UFA status.... That seems so long ago ^_^

Welcome aboard YvesOnHabs. Nice blog by the way.

Thank you!

I do believe that Vinny has a no trade clause and he don't want to come to Montreal so that ship has sailed and is long gone. get over it.

Exactly.

If he would have wanted to come to Montreal, he likely would have made that move a few years back.

G-Love (hahahaha) might be a great fit for N.Y. Illsenders :)

Makes a bit of sence in a funny way.

next year he (g-lo ... uhh! g-love) will be paid almost half of his cap hit and since they are like 10 million away from the floop, I mean floor this up comming season;

Maybe P.Goat can get Okposo and a 1st (hahahaha) okay maybe a 1st and ??? would be cool, no?

anyone?

It won't be long now before we see talk of Crosby becoming a UFA and having the Lecavalier-like dreaming begin all over again...

WE signed Crosby??!! Hurahhhhhh! :bouncing:

G-Love (hahahaha) might be a great fit for N.Y. Illsenders :)

Makes a bit of sence in a funny way.

next year he (g-lo ... uhh! g-love) will be paid almost half of his cap hit and since they are like 10 million away from the floop, I mean floor this up comming season;

Maybe P.Goat can get Okposo and a 1st (hahahaha) okay maybe a 1st and ??? would be cool, no?

anyone?

Except that the Islanders have Tavares, Nielsen, Bailey, Strome, etc. down the middle. And Tavares needs a new contract for 2012-13.

Except that the Islanders have Tavares, Nielsen, Bailey, Strome, etc. down the middle. And Tavares needs a new contract for 2012-13.

You are right about the Islander being deep down the middle. Yet even with Tavares being at the end of his contract next year, I still think Gomez is a great fit for N.Y.I. Gomez is signed for another couple of years and his cap hit will be greater then his actual pay out. For a team like the Islanders that does not wish to spend even to the cap floor, I think a player at the end of a front loaded contract is a great fit for team is search of a little relief on players salary. I don't really see is as a bad move either for such a team. Just maybe an 'overpaid zero' in TO is a local hero for the Bruins. Ohh okay an overpaid zero in TO will always be a zero and the Bruins can't spell hero, yet it could happen, right? ANNNND this will allow G-Love to keep fronting in the N.Y area, hell! he could boast having played with all of them :D

You are right about the Islander being deep down the middle. Yet even with Tavares being at the end of his contract next year, I still think Gomez is a great fit for N.Y.I. Gomez is signed for another couple of years and his cap hit will be greater then his actual pay out. For a team like the Islanders that does not wish to spend even to the cap floor, I think a player at the end of a front loaded contract is a great fit for team is search of a little relief on players salary. I don't really see is as a bad move either for such a team. Just maybe an 'overpaid zero' in TO is a local hero for the Bruins. Ohh okay an overpaid zero in TO will always be a zero and the Bruins can't spell hero, yet it could happen, right? ANNNND this will allow G-Love to keep fronting in the N.Y area, hell! he could boast having played with all of them :D

hummm interesting. Anyone knows if this ever happened before ? A guy who played for NJ-NYR-NYI...