Habs Killers

JoeLassister

The other day at the beach, friends and I were talking about Erik Cole's signing. A friend of mine said that he considered Cole as one of his top Habs Killers, players who seem to always raise their game and produce against the Habs. We then tried to identify some others and came up with these guys :

Daniel Alfredsson

Martin Brodeur

Tomas Kaberle

I suggested Mario Lemieux, probably because of an intense memory I have of him scoring 3 goals in the third period only. But I think he could have just done that against any team.

One suggest Milan Lucic, but I doubt that he produce that much more against us than any other team, especially since Komi is gone.

I was wondering if there was a website or any publication where we can find NHL players production against X team ?

Or who were on your personal list of Habs Killers ?

The other day at the beach, friends and I were talking about Erik Cole's signing. A friend of mine said that he considered Cole as one of his top Habs Killers, players who seem to always raise their game and produce against the Habs. We then tried to identify some others and came up with these guys :

Daniel Alfredsson

Martin Brodeur

Tomas Kaberle

I suggested Mario Lemieux, probably because of an intense memory I have of him scoring 3 goals in the third period only. But I think he could have just done that against any team.

One suggest Milan Lucic, but I doubt that he produce that much more against us than any other team, especially since Komi is gone.

I was wondering if there was a website or any publication where we can find NHL players production against X team ?

Or who were on your personal list of Habs Killers ?

Mats Sundin

Any goalie of quebec background?

Marty Biron, in particular, always had our number, even before the ridiculously frustrating 2008 playoffs. I always felt we had a better chance to win against Buffalo when they started Miller or Noronen instead of Biron.

Speaking of Philly in 2008: R.J. Cheeseburger.

To go with tradition as to the direction of every thread made so far this summer, the current biggest Habs killer is...

Scott Gomez. :P

With Jacques Martin ranking a close second. :)

Andy "F@$king" Moog!!

He knocked the Habs out of the playoffs in

The only time the Habs knocked out a Moog team was in 1989 and Lemelin was the starter for the majority of that series.

He also crapped the bed FOR the Habs against the Sabres.

Andy "F@$king" Moog!!

He knocked the Habs out of the playoffs in

The only time the Habs knocked out a Moog team was in 1989 and Lemelin was the starter for the majority of that series.

He also crapped the bed FOR the Habs against the Sabres.

Good call. Neely came to my mind, mostly because of a series-winning slapshot from the blueline that eluded Roy and is permanently burned in my brain. But Moog is indeed the ultimate Habs killer - probably the greatest in history. Damn, I hated those early-90s series against the Bruins. :angry:

I'd also like to nominate the entire Hartford Whalers organization. We generally managed to beat them in the end, but despite being inferior, they always gave us a nightmarish time back in the 1980s. Nothing more nauseating than having a contending team that struggles horribly against one particular middle-of-the-pack franchise. :wall:

I'd also like to nominate the entire Hartford Whalers organization. We generally managed to beat them in the end, but despite being inferior, they always gave us a nightmarish time back in the 1980s. Nothing more nauseating than having a contending team that struggles horribly against one particular middle-of-the-pack franchise. :wall:

The one year they beat us in the 80s they actually were the higher ranked team, I believe. I know they won the Adams Division one year, at least the regular season version of it.

Good call. Neely came to my mind, mostly because of a series-winning slapshot from the blueline that eluded Roy and is permanently burned in my brain. But Moog is indeed the ultimate Habs killer - probably the greatest in history. Damn, I hated those early-90s series against the Bruins. :angry:

The Habs owned the Whalers. I understand what C.C is saying though. I f@#king hated "Brass Bonanza" that they played every time they scored a home goal and the Habs had home ice EVERY series and only once did they smoke them. Even in 1988 they were up 3-0 and they had to go into Hartford to win Game 6.

While in Hartford the Habs never lost (although there were two 7 game OT's against the Mighty Whale).

1986 Habs won 4-3 (OT)

1988 Habs won 4-2

1989 Habs won 4-0

1992 Habs won 4-3 (2 OT)

Since they have moved to Carolina they flipped the script.

The Habs owned the Whalers. I understand what C.C is saying though. I f@#king hated "Brass Bonanza" that they played every time they scored a home goal and the Habs had home ice EVERY series and only once did they smoke them. Even in 1988 they were up 3-0 and they had to go into Hartford to win Game 6.

While in Hartford the Habs never lost (although there were two 7 game OT's against the Mighty Whale).

1986 Habs won 4-3 (OT)

1988 Habs won 4-2

1989 Habs won 4-0

1992 Habs won 4-3 (2 OT)

Since they have moved to Carolina they flipped the script.

Yeah, I guess Hartford wasn't so much a 'Habs killer' as a Habs irritant. The '92 series in particulat was infuriating because we had a team that had sat around 1st overall for the first half of the season, sagged down the stretch, and imploded in the playoffs (rather like the dismal 2009 squad). The Failers benefitted from our radical internal problems. It's worth bringing all this up, if only because the Whalers are bordeline forgotten, along with all the annoyance they caused us. ^_^