White signs

ehjay

Huzzah.

Nice salary for White, and a one-way contract. I look forward to seeing what he can do with a full season.

I'm a little disappointed that he didn't get Chipchura-ed to be honest. $625k isn't bad by any stretch but the precedent has been that in and out of the lineup players which White clearly was last year get 1 way deals for the league minimum. We saw it happen with Chipchura (obviously), D'Agostini, and Pyatt and I was hoping to see it here. But, given the cap space remaining, not a big deal.

I'm a little disappointed that he didn't get Chipchura-ed to be honest. $625k isn't bad by any stretch but the precedent has been that in and out of the lineup players which White clearly was last year get 1 way deals for the league minimum. We saw it happen with Chipchura (obviously), D'Agostini, and Pyatt and I was hoping to see it here. But, given the cap space remaining, not a big deal.

Seems like White used the roster situation and cap space to his advantage. The others were dealing with the Habs pushing the ceiling at the time... needed to take the open roster spot seriously.

Everyone has access to Capgeek, they can see when they have some leverage or not. So White got an extra $100k out of it. Good for him.

yes good to see them give him 1 way contract, he should of started the season and played with Habs last year, I actually thought he would get more.

Seems like White used the roster situation and cap space to his advantage. The others were dealing with the Habs pushing the ceiling at the time... needed to take the open roster spot seriously.

Everyone has access to Capgeek, they can see when they have some leverage or not. So White got an extra $100k out of it. Good for him.

yes good to see them give him 1 way contract, he should of started the season and played with Habs last year, I actually thought he would get more.

More? What possible leverage could a forward who had a whopping 5 points in 34 games last season have? It's not like he could rely on his AHL scoring prowess either, 12 points in 33 regular season games is hardly impressive. At this stage of his career, he's a gritty depth player, no need to overpay for those guys. He got about fair value compared to what a typical 4th liner gets, that's more than enough coming off an entry-level deal where no one-way offer was necessary.