Nashville's new jersey

bbp

http://video.predato...od-rr-headlines

So... they are yellow... they have piano keys along the back collar... and guitar strings on the numbers... humm....

What does everyone think...

Not bad. I don't like Nashville's colours to begin with, but I think they did a good job.

I think it's a great new jersey. The colour scheme is kind of U of Michigan. Yellow should be used more by teams, was getting disappointed by more and more boring navy blues we were seeing popping up everywhere (including Nashville).

The white version of this jersey actually might be one of the sharpest whites in the NHL.

It's an improvement on the previous jersey, which was one of the most hideous in recent NHL history. But it's still pretty shite. The piano keys and guitar motifs are on the right track, but they're so subtle as to be almost unnoticeable. Part of the problem is the team name, which has absolutely nothing to do with the community. Given that Nashville has a really clear and distinct identity as a community, it's always appalled me that the team went with such a generic brand name - all too typical of today's soulless corporate mindset. Teams should be named in a way that reflects local content (the Canadiens, Maple Leafs (!), the Blues, the Devils, the Sharks, etc.), or else go with a totally eccentric appellation (Red Wings, Blue Jackets). Lame-ass names like 'Predators' and 'Raptors' ought to be banned from the sports vocabulary.

It's an improvement on the previous jersey, which was one of the most hideous in recent NHL history. But it's still pretty shite. The piano keys and guitar motifs are on the right track, but they're so subtle as to be almost unnoticeable. Part of the problem is the team name, which has absolutely nothing to do with the community. Given that Nashville has a really clear and distinct identity as a community, it's always appalled me that the team went with such a generic brand name - all too typical of today's soulless corporate mindset. Teams should be named in a way that reflects local content (the Canadiens, Maple Leafs (!), the Blues, the Devils, the Sharks, etc.), or else go with a totally eccentric appellation (Red Wings, Blue Jackets). Lame-ass names like 'Predators' and 'Raptors' ought to be banned from the sports vocabulary.

just wondering - what are you saying about the fine people of New Jersey? :P

Well, the logo of the Predators is a local reference, referring to a sabre-toothed tiger skeleton that was found in the city's downtown in the 70's. The logo was chosen first, the name was chosen to represent the logo. I don't think this puts it in the category of choosing a team name based on an animal that has gotten into the popular conscious via a Hollywood movie that is huge at the time.

Blue Jackets is a local content reference as well, referring to the large volunteer force the state of Ohio leant to the Union's Civil War cause.

Well, the logo of the Predators is a local reference, referring to a sabre-toothed tiger skeleton that was found in the city's downtown in the 70's. The logo was chosen first, the name was chosen to represent the logo. I don't think this puts it in the category of choosing a team name based on an animal that has gotten into the popular conscious via a Hollywood movie that is huge at the time.

Blue Jackets is a local content reference as well, referring to the large volunteer force the state of Ohio leant to the Union's Civil War cause.

Thanks for the info. Still, 'Predators' is generic - it'd be like calling us the Montreal Ethnic Group - even if the logo is not. I still find something perverse in refusing to honour Nashville's musical heritage.

Thanks for the info. Still, 'Predators' is generic - it'd be like calling us the Montreal Ethnic Group - even if the logo is not. I still find something perverse in refusing to honour Nashville's musical heritage.

Oh, the city of Nashville does plenty to honour their musical heritage. They could've done a lot better than Predators I agree, but I like exposing other stories about a city. I mean, I like that the Blue Jays' AAA affiliate is called the Las Vegas 51's (referring to Area 51) and not the Gamblers or something. Although the Las Vegas Shotguns would be hilarious.

Oh, the city of Nashville does plenty to honour their musical heritage. They could've done a lot better than Predators I agree, but I like exposing other stories about a city. I mean, I like that the Blue Jays' AAA affiliate is called the Las Vegas 51's (referring to Area 51) and not the Gamblers or something. Although the Las Vegas Shotguns would be hilarious.

Win

• 3 weeks later...

just wondering - what are you saying about the fine people of New Jersey? tongue.gif

I just learned this last summer when picking up a friend for a soccer game. There apparently is a mythical creature called the New Jersey Devil, kind of their version of Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster.