Randy Cunneyworth and Randy Ladouceur to assist JM

JoeLassister

So that's 4 peeps in behind the bench now. Might be a little crowded.

But - does this mean that Perry Pearn will focus on special teams and let one of the Randy's take care of the defense? I think we've seen comments in the past highlighting the fact that Pearn's forte is not with D but with the PP and PK teams.

Or is it because Kirkie did so much that we need two bodies to replace all that :P

Thoughts?

It seems that this all happened as soon as deboer was given the nj job. I think they must have wanted him, Otherwise they would have given Hamilton to Muller and moved up Cunneyworth. It's a bit sad to see Muller go under these circumstances when this would have been a good option.

It seems that this all happened as soon as deboer was given the nj job. I think they must have wanted him, Otherwise they would have given Hamilton to Muller and moved up Cunneyworth. It's a bit sad to see Muller go under these circumstances when this would have been a good option.

Sometimes I feel that Habs's management is not proactive enough. They knew that Muller was liable to be headhunted; under the circumstances, why not be aggressive, offer him the Hamilton job and bump the Bulldogs staff up to the NHL? It's another case where one of the really win-at-all-costs organizations (e.g., Philly) would probably have taken the initiative rather than reacting. (Of course, all this assumes that Gauthier did not in fact try this).

Having said that, I suspect that Muller's value has been inflated in the fanbase's collective mind due to all the irrational contempt for Martin (leading to bizarre arguments that Muller is the 'real' key to the Habs's success, etc., etc.). Cunneyworth and Ladouceur are well-qualified and no doubt will do a solid job.

No big deal, Habs do well 'despite' having Martin as coach, good to see promotion from within.

These guys have lots of experiance.

I doubt losing Muller will have much impact neither (but he is a very classy and thoughtful guy, i know that much and wish the best for him); nice to see a vet coach moving into Hamilton as well, its all good.

Maybe ol Jacques will be headed to upper management next year ??

I dont know about Deboer, but i dont think Habs were really chasing him were they?

Sometimes I feel that Habs's management is not proactive enough. They knew that Muller was liable to be headhunted; under the circumstances, why not be aggressive, offer him the Hamilton job and bump the Bulldogs staff up to the NHL? It's another case where one of the really win-at-all-costs organizations (e.g., Philly) would probably have taken the initiative rather than reacting. (Of course, all this assumes that Gauthier did not in fact try this).

They did...last year. Muller was their top pick to coach with the Dogs, it was only after he turned it down that they pursued other options and wound up with Cunneyworth.

DeBoer seemed to be the #1 target but it's hard to fault him for taking a head coach job over an assistants' role. It's interesting that both were promoted although some teams have an extra coach on the staff with the headset on. Pierre Groulx, the goalie coach, held that spot by default the last couple of years.

I'll make a note of this in the Hamilton forum as well but Clement Jodoin, an ex-Hab assistant (two times) will take over for them in Hamilton. He's had some success since leaving the Habs and was one of the better junior coaches out there in my opinion. He's also not likely to be poached for an NHL job next year which, given the turnover recently in Hamilton, can only be a good thing.

They did...last year. Muller was their top pick to coach with the Dogs, it was only after he turned it down that they pursued other options and wound up with Cunneyworth.

DeBoer seemed to be the #1 target but it's hard to fault him for taking a head coach job over an assistants' role. It's interesting that both were promoted although some teams have an extra coach on the staff with the headset on. Pierre Groulx, the goalie coach, held that spot by default the last couple of years.

I'll make a note of this in the Hamilton forum as well but Clement Jodoin, an ex-Hab assistant (two times) will take over for them in Hamilton. He's had some success since leaving the Habs and was one of the better junior coaches out there in my opinion. He's also not likely to be poached for an NHL job next year which, given the turnover recently in Hamilton, can only be a good thing.

Cunneyworth doesn't sound like french name to me. I know he has credentials, but would Habs ever make him head coach? I make it 30/70 agin.

From what i think.

Pearn will do special team.

Cunneyworth mostly Muller job, link between the coach to the players and

life on the bench.

Ladouceur is the first real defensemen to coach D since Lappy i think.

Has a lot of young D to work with.

Not bad.

Not flashy either.

Ladouceur is the first real defensemen to coach D since Lappy i think.

Has a lot of young D to work with.

Not bad.

Not flashy either.

Rick Green and Doug Jarvis spring to mind as former d-men that have been behind the bench in recent years.

Rick Green and Doug Jarvis spring to mind as former d-men that have been behind the bench in recent years.

Green was a d-man, but Jarvis was a C

Green was a d-man, but Jarvis was a C

I stand corrected on that one. Jarvis just coached the D, got that mixed up.

As for who loses their spot on the bench, it's apparently going to be Pearn who will move up top. According to RDS (watching at 6 PM), Ladouceur will run the defence, Cunneyworth the offence, and Pearn the special teams.