Weber's 7.5 bad for us next summer?

Dalhabs

Will Subban be asking for the same kinda money next year? Price wont be cheap either if he a similar season again.

I doubt it. PK will have only played 2 seasons at that point, while Weber has had 5 full years in the NHL. Moreover, PK is nowhere near the all-star defender that Weber is.... He will be someday, but odds are, it won't be this year.

Subban will be due a raise, but nowhere near $7.5M.

Subban at 7.5? Insane. I would be surprised if he can get more than 4 per. I like Subban, but Weber is a superstar.

If he scores 20 goals and gets 45 points, someone will be willing to throw over $5m at him.

Subban is not arbitration eligible.

He will be an RFA though.

If he scores 20 goals and gets 45 points, someone will be willing to throw over $5m at him.

He will be an RFA though.

The odds of him getting an RFA offer are pretty slim. The Habs have been pretty consistent in their RFA dealings.

The odds of him getting an RFA offer are pretty slim. The Habs have been pretty consistent in their RFA dealings.

Considering Doughty is available now as a RFA and he hasn't received any known offers, yeah, the chances of Subban getting some are pretty darn slim.

Considering Doughty is available now as a RFA and he hasn't received any known offers, yeah, the chances of Subban getting some are pretty darn slim.

Doughty would have to be $7m+ and even then I think the kings would match.

With Subban I think the chance of him getting an RFA offer are actually higher if only has an okay year rather then a great year.

Doughty would have to be $7m+ and even then I think the kings would match.

With Subban I think the chance of him getting an RFA offer are actually higher if only has an okay year rather then a great year.

It's still incredibly low. Less than 10 offer sheets have been signed in 7 summers. And one was retaliatory.

Personally I dont think this ruling could possibly be good for any team. 7.5 mil is the highest amount ever awarded. I was fairly shocked when I heard the news. I was thinking Weber would get 6-6.5 mil. Even in a UFA bidding war scenario I'm not sure how many teams would want to pay Weber 7.5 mil/yr.

Sure, Weber is really good, but is he worth that kind of cash at this point in his career? I could see him making 7.5 mil when he's 28+ Who is the highest paid Dman now? Weber?

Sure, Weber is really good, but is he worth that kind of cash at this point in his career? I could see him making 7.5 mil when he's 28+ Who is the highest paid Dman now? Weber?

Cap hit wise, yes. In terms of actual money this year, that goes to Christian Ehrhoff in Buffalo.