Gomez about to be traded?

REV-G

Eklund is reporting that news is breaking right now that the Canadiens may have found a taker for Gomez. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this??

:lol: Anything's possible, but I highly doubt they'd trade Gomer Pyle without having a legitimate #2 alternative centreman in place. So this is either the usual Eklund B.S., or it's a multiplayer deal in which the Habs get back a legitimate #2 C along with one or more bad contracts, or a three-way deal. I vote for the first option.

Looking at a calendar... it's August 22. Sure, anything is possible, but with the offseason in super slow motion, good ole Ek is fishing for a few extra hits to try and impress advertisers.

I can't remember the last time (if ever) Eklund was right regarding anything involving the Habs that hadn't already been reported elsewhere. It'd be one heckuva splash if he got one right now but I'd approach any Gomez rumour with a high degree of skepticism.

All we really need to know can be summed up with this from his post today:

The teams I am still hearing (got a text while I was writing this blog) are Phoenix, Winnipeg, and today: St. Louis. The Islanders and Oilers aren't as hot in the mill today...

So for the untradeable contract, there are now 5 teams that are kicking the tires over the last 24-36 hours? I don't think he's as tough to move as some do, but this is clearly grasping at straws.

First time reply . Habs fan for 30 years . I don't want to see Gomez traded , yet . I believe he still has some gas still left in the tank , but this year will obviously be his audition to see if he remains a Hab !!!! I'm expecting big things from Price , Subban , Eller , MaxPac , DD , Cammy & Cole !!!!!! Can't wait for the season to start

First time reply . Habs fan for 30 years . I don't want to see Gomez traded , yet . I believe he still has some gas still left in the tank , but this year will obviously be his audition to see if he remains a Hab !!!! I'm expecting big things from Price , Subban , Eller , MaxPac , DD , Cammy & Cole !!!!!! Can't wait for the season to start

Hello Village and welcome to the World!

Hopefully you're right and Gomez is able to make a worthy contribution to the team this year. I guess it can't be much worse than last year after all..