Cammalleri is Confident

bbp

Nothing wrong with being confident especially when it doesn't come off as being arrogant (as some players on other teams think of a certain defenceman). If he can stay healthy, I'm not sure he'd put up career numbers but he'd certainly improve on last year's numbers. It seemed every time he got going on a streak, something would happen to him.

Not a fan of Cammalleri and i doubt anyone ever accused him of lacking confidence. But he cant get fewer than 19 goals can he, so like Gomer he got nowhere to go but up.

How is it you're not a fan of Cammalleri? What's not to like?

In my opinion, he is one of softest players in the league.

I cant remember him ever being in any corner, backchecking, nor winning any puck battles and ever being Tyrell Owens-like in his refusal to take any dangerous pass, if there is any chance he may have to take a hit to make a play and takes only soft dumb penalties.

Overall i guess my perception of him is, a tad harse maybe but, very skillfull but gutless. And 19 goals for $6/year wont cut it (and Kostitsyn had same production at 1/2 the cost, but took/takes just a tad bit more criticism, explain that?)

Why does he not show up for regular season games and play like he does for playoffs??

If he gets 30 to 40 goals/year, then i would shut up, cut him some slack and live with his lack of team effort, much the same as a Kovalev.

Overall i guess my perception of him is, a tad harse maybe but, very skillfull but gutless. And 19 goals for $6/year wont cut it (and Kostitsyn had same production at 1/2 the cost, but took/takes just a tad bit more criticism, explain that?)

I think a lot of the lack of criticism may stem from the fact he missed 15 games due to injury last season. If he's healthy for those, he comes in around the 25 goal mark. Still a little low for his salary for sure but a lot more respectable.

I think a lot of the lack of criticism may stem from the fact he missed 15 games due to injury last season. If he's healthy for those, he comes in around the 25 goal mark. Still a little low for his salary for sure but a lot more respectable.

i know he missed time and all that, but i am biased and like i said i am not a fan of his at all and would trade him in a sec for a bigger younger top six prospect. But just funny that i dont recall hearing even1 negative comment on 13 and you get The Chicoutimi Cucumber who, like most it seems, is a fan and can seem to see no reason for any critism of 13?

And as i stated earlier, i see him in a much different light and get sick of 46 being hammered relentlessly by media for actually bringing more to the table every night?

Hey, i hope Cammalleri lights it up this year and i actually think he will get 30+, but when he aint scoring he is just a floater out there, but just my opinion.

I think you'll find you're in the minority when you call him a floater in the same boat as Kovalev. Personally, I see no basis for comparison beyond the fact both are streaky. Cammalleri hustles for the most part out there in my opinion, Kovalev rarely did so. Does he play a robust physical style and grind it out? No, but most 5'9 players don't, I don't think he's any more or less physical than a typical small speedster. He's far from a perfect player but he does bring a lot of good tools to the table. I think people also like the swagger he brings to the table, he oozes confidence which would sway some in his favour.

he does get some PK minutes..

45 seconds per game in the regular season, good for about 8th amongst Hab forwards. (I'm not getting caught not checking my stats again... :) ) I would hazard a guess that a somewhat significant portion of that came in the 3rd period when trailing where the Habs just needed a goal. So although he did see a little time on the PK, I probably wouldn't read a whole lot into it.

45 seconds per game in the regular season, good for about 8th amongst Hab forwards. (I'm not getting caught not checking my stats again... :) ) I would hazard a guess that a somewhat significant portion of that came in the 3rd period when trailing where the Habs just needed a goal. So although he did see a little time on the PK, I probably wouldn't read a whole lot into it.

I think he mainly got his shifts near the ends of penalties so that the Habs could get back to the offence as soon as the guy came out of the box. Or, like you said, when they were short on players.

I think he mainly got his shifts near the ends of penalties so that the Habs could get back to the offence as soon as the guy came out of the box. Or, like you said, when they were short on players.

exact. he was out there with 10-15 secs to go everytime Plex was in the box.

It seemed to me that he was used more on the PK towards the end of the season. It wouldn't surprise me to see that average creep up closer to the 1 minute per game mark...still though, I'm not sure I'd call him a defensive threat by any means.

You have to be cocky to be good. Karma could back fire but you have to like the fact that Cammalleri finally has had a full summer to train and not just repair his body. I expect big things from him. I like hearing pound for pound he is one of the toughest in the NHL.

As for the poster who said he is one of the softest in the NHL..really? For his size and his compete level its insane to believe that. You simply do not lead the NHL in goals in the playoffs if you are in fact soft. THe playoffs are the hardest time to play. Soft...ya right.