Markov

brobin

I'm not a NHL GM, but ?%$*?&*&*(&*(

I was not in support of re-signing Wiz at the price he was asking....

however, with hindsight :

Wiz$ = Gill $ + Spacek $

Our D with Wiz & Subban as QB and trading guys like Weber and Diaz for some meat around the bone (I dunno, like O'byrne back... no names in mind, just speculative example) for stability and thoughness...

and if you wanna keep Gill, just give him an asst-coach job.

I'm not a NHL GM, but ?%$*?&*&*(&*(

I was not in support of re-signing Wiz at the price he was asking....

however, with hindsight :

Wiz$ = Gill $ + Spacek $

Our D with Wiz & Subban as QB and trading guys like Weber and Diaz for some meat around the bone (I dunno, like O'byrne back... no names in mind, just speculative example) for stability and thoughness...

and if you wanna keep Gill, just give him an asst-coach job.

To be fair, to fit your equation, Spacek would have had to been traded for no cap hit returned.

1) Spacek was already under contract (a 35+ contract) at that, explain how you get rid of it.

2). Gill and spaceks contracts expire at the same time that gorges, subban, eller, and price all need raises... How were you gonna handle that after giving wiz 5 or 6 years?

wiz's contract is crazy.... gomez crazy! at least gomez was coming off a stanley cup parade and it was the final year pre lockout..... everybody was getting huge contracts that year.. gomez and drury were the biggest fishes and Sather paid full market to get them both.. good for gomez to score big in his contract year! there's no excuse for columbus's contract for wiz though except overpayment and mis-management!!

wiz's contract is crazy.... gomez crazy! at least gomez was coming off a stanley cup parade and it was the final year pre lockout..... everybody was getting huge contracts that year.. gomez and drury were the biggest fishes and Sather paid full market to get them both.. good for gomez to score big in his contract year! there's no excuse for columbus's contract for wiz though except overpayment and mis-management!!

I think the problem was that they had to reach the cal floor so the overpaid, many teams did that this off season with the increase in salary cap. I do agree that the wiz would not be worth his salary unless it was a 1 year deal. And still that's pushing it.

Agreed, but it's not even a tenth of annoying as the Crosby stuff.

I am so tired of hearing about Crosby, being from out east it was so tiring, news special after news special about him... ahhhh it bred my general dislike for anything to do with him.

I am so tired of hearing about Crosby, being from out east it was so tiring, news special after news special about him... ahhhh it bred my general dislike for anything to do with him.

Lol

70476_large.png

Poor Cindy.

There is 12 days left in October, not really surprising.

And no different from what JM said last week,, "he should be practicing by the end of the month."

He's gonna need at least a couple weeks of practice before he can play, given how long he was off.

I'd love to have him back immediately of course, but I'm happy he should be practicing. We could use him now, but I look forward to a healthy Markov. WHat a lift that would give us.

A small note, but before the game yesterday (on TSN), Martin was asked if he expected Markov in the lineup in November, to which he replied that he does.

And considering the extent of the injury and the setback from over-working the reh(H)ab, I think that's very reasonable. I'd rather see him on the ice in November or even December over the worrisome TBD, or Unknown, or Never.

Besides the win against Philadelphia, the good news today is that Markov will be back from Florida for the week end and that his recovery is on track. According to QMI Agency, Gauthier told to the journalists during his press conference that «the reports are positive». Apparently, his training was very demanding, in order to make sure that his knee could was O.K. Markov could be back on the ice as soon as next week.

Great news in my opinion.

he is definitely on schedule... he used a part of his own body to fix his knee (patella tendon) so it takes extra months to get back... he hasn't even reached 11 months... hang tight! everybody but fans and media knew he would not be ready for the start of the season... no way after 2 surgeries in a 6 month span

he is definitely on schedule... he used a part of his own body to fix his knee (patella tendon) so it takes extra months to get back... he hasn't even reached 11 months... hang tight! everybody but fans and media knew he would not be ready for the start of the season... no way after 2 surgeries in a 6 month span

Tendon is a good choice, but Russian's have stronger livers. Maybe fixing the knee with a liver graft would make him nigh-on indestructible!

• Upvote 2

I listened to Gauthier's CC and the news on Markov are definitely very positive and comforting. He is on track to recover fully. The training in Florida was focused on building the muscles around the articulation. It was very tough training, but necessary in order to stop the swelling when Markov was skating. His training will continue in Montreal. My gut feeling is that number 79 will be back in the line-up before the end of November.

I listened to Gauthier's CC and the news on Markov are definitely very positive and comforting. He is on track to recover fully. The training in Florida was focused on building the muscles around the articulation. It was very tough training, but necessary in order to stop the swelling when Markov was skating. His training will continue in Montreal. My gut feeling is that number 79 will be back in the line-up before the end of November.

If i remember correctly, Markov was injured around the end of November last year. He missed most of the start of the year, and then came in and played 7 games before getting hurt.This should put him at around 1 year for a full recovery. Give or take a little.Which is pretty much the timeline we all should have expected for a second surgery on the same knee in 6 months of each other.

Tendon is a good choice, but Russian's have stronger livers. Maybe fixing the knee with a liver graft would make him nigh-on indestructible!

Awesome.

If i remember correctly, Markov was injured around the end of November last year. He missed most of the start of the year, and then came in and played 7 games before getting hurt.This should put him at around 1 year for a full recovery. Give or take a little.Which is pretty much the timeline we all should have expected for a second surgery on the same knee in 6 months of each other.

He was hurt against the Canes Nov 13th

Awesome.

He was hurt against the Canes Nov 13th

Thanks.

When was he operated on? Sometime in December? or earlier? As I'm not sure if its 1 year post injury, or 1 year post surgery to expect a return.

Still everyone is different and if we're talking 1 or 2 weeks difference... on a year long recovery... still sounds about right.