Markov

brobin

This!

I have been saying throughout the fire Martin hooplah, that the team at it's current state and all of the injuries has not been good enough. If the team is not good enough with a healthy team, I want Gautier gone. Him and gainey are the ones that put these lil fellers out there.

Gauthier has made the team better then last year. As Cuc said, we have more offense and a deeper one. He picked up a big top 6 forward, Max has really stepped up into the role as well. That was everyone's big main concern last year was getting that big power forward. Gauthier did that. Plus, really. Our d isn't that bad and hasn't been playing that poorly, some of our key players haven't started well, but they will pick up, injured players will come back and we will start winning a lot of games.

if they could only stop insinuating that Markov is about to come back and that everything is fine and normal... I'm fed up with this bullshit coming from the doctors or Gauthier.

if they could only stop insinuating that Markov is about to come back and that everything is fine and normal... I'm fed up with this bullshit coming from the doctors or Gauthier.

They're not insinuating anything now though, the 4-6 week timeframe came from the organization directly.

Markov's surgery was successful today, he's out 4-6 weeks.

Since nothing but paranoia can occur from Markov's surgeries when it was originally suggested to us he'd be ready for training camp...

They originally said 3-5 weeks. Now that it's 4 to 6, does that mean there were more problems found than expected? :surrender:

Since nothing but paranoia can occur from Markov's surgeries when it was originally suggested to us he'd be ready for training camp...

They originally said 3-5 weeks. Now that it's 4 to 6, does that mean there were more problems found than expected? :surrender:

With arthroscopic surgery, you never really know what you are gonna find until you get in there. 3-5 weeks was the absolute best case scenario... so 4-6 means there was a slight bit more than "best case scenario" but not too serious still.

Who is this Markov of which you speak?????

I know your poking fun but in all seriousness anyone who has been a fan for only a few years really has not seen his impact on this team.

Hell even I forget at times.

I know your poking fun but in all seriousness anyone who has been a fan for only a few years really has not seen his impact on this team.

Hell even I forget at times.

Indeed.. I can barely remember him playing. The only two things that stand out for me.. the cross ice passes on the PP to Kovy/Cammy for some pretty goals... and Markov sneaking down to take the cross ice pass...

Still, this situation is a mess. If he come back in late January, he might not even be in real game shape for another month.

One of the small tragedies of Markov's career is that he started suffering catastrophic injuries at the point where the Habs had finally gotten around to being a good team. Except for 2008, he really hasn't been a major factor during what I would regard as the 'good years' of this century (2010, 2011). (Well, OK, there was the 'miracle run' of 2006).

Exactly.

The news doesn't surprise me one bit. Its almost comical at this point. The fan boys keep thinking this guy is going to come back and help our team? :rofl:

It would be interesting to see what would happen if Habs' GMs did what other GMs around the league do, namely interact with the media and even the fans on a fairly reliable basis. In Vancouver, for instance, Mike Gillis regularly comes on The Team 1040 and even fields caller questions. In the process, he is a ble to provide a coutner-narrative to the invariably negative, paranoid, and fatuous fan-media discourse. It adds balance to the mix and ultimately, perhaps, helps to keep things on a more even keel than they'd otherwise be. You can argue that by failing to respond to the innumerable attacks on JM or other such criticisms, as well as by keeping everyone needlessly in the dark on issues like Markov's knee, the Habs fuel a culture of paranoia and negativity around their team. Gauthier should go on the radio or TV on a regular basis and explain what the Habs are doing and why.

I hope he comes back, one day, and contributes. When Pierre Gauthier spoke, he did seem confident. With about 15 seconds of research you can find out that these cleanups of a knee are standard procedure. But if he's done, and his contract is off the books, it's fascinating to think what the team can do. Just imagine if someone would take the Gomez contract as well!!

They're not insinuating anything now though, the 4-6 week timeframe came from the organization directly.

Hell, I know. But JM said word for word that he was expecting to see Markov back in action in California. That,s what I'm fed up with.

Hell, I know. But JM said word for word that he was expecting to see Markov back in action in California. That,s what I'm fed up with.

Gauthier did mention he'd only miss a couple of games at the start of the season. That was a classic lie as well.

Hell, I know. But  JM said word for word that he was expecting to see Markov back in action in California.  That,s what I'm fed up with.

He was expected back in California. He was practicing with the team. It was during one of those practices that the knee locked up and it was noticed that Markov could not pivot to one side. The scar tissue and debris was preventing proper movement in the knee. They thought they could avoid this clean up procedure, but when he tried to actually play the game, instead of just working out, they got an unexpected surprise.

I can hardly wait to have this wonderful star back with us.

I'm starting to worry that even with Markov in the line-up, this team is mediocre at best and his arrival won't be enough to get us into the playoffs.

I hope he comes back, one day, and contributes. When Pierre Gauthier spoke, he did seem confident. With about 15 seconds of research you can find out that these cleanups of a knee are standard procedure. But if he's done, and his contract is off the books, it's fascinating to think what the team can do. Just imagine if someone would take the Gomez contract as well!!

So very true

Could have a egantic amount of cap room.

Yes enormous + gigantic = egantic

So very true

Could have a egantic amount of cap room.

Yes enormous + gigantic = egantic

A big caproom but nothing to sign with it since all the really great players never end up UFA's. Only players to sign are the 50-60 points/ year that wants 6M/year.