Emelin

brobin

I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that Emelin will be in the line-up tomorrow against the Flyers. Let's just hope that they won't try to play him on the right side. Keep him on the left where he belongs.

After two straight wins, JM is gonna scratch someone to add him? I honestly would be very surprised to see such a lineup change, doesn't fit JM's history.

Can Emelin shoot from the point? I would really like to see Kabs setting up a left hander on the PP.

I prefer as it is right now. Kaberle feeding Subban. Both on their one-timer side.

Can Emelin shoot from the point? I would really like to see Kabs setting up a left hander on the PP.

He really broke out as an offensive player in his last season in the KHL with 11 goals 26 pts; but prior to that he had 1g, 7pts... 0g 3pts.. 0g 4pts.... in the previous three years. I'm not sure if the one year was a fluke, or if it shows untapped offence.

Still though, I wouldn't put Emelin on the PP at this point in his career. He has enough things he needs to work on in terms of play in his own end, and now we've added the element of trying to make him into a Right Defenceman on top of the positioning issues he had before. Lets let him get comfortable in his own end before we ask him for offence too.

Commandant I so agree with you the the defense first approach but if we have a two goal lead or behind a few then why not? He can pass very well and let him fire a few can't be any worst then p.k. P.k has a bomb but takes to long to get it off and never hits the net. Back to my point if the coach would give boom a show of confidence in him he would progress so much faster. I am not says first wave mins but like 40 or 30 secs left who know he might keep it simple and we make something happen. If drives me crazy when our team makes 15 passes without a shot. yes it is a short drive but come on they don't all have to be perfect shots, like that guy said you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Emelin did play alot on the right side in the KHL and has spent some time on the right side with Montreal. Alot like Gorges really. Maybe he is actually more comfortable on that side of the ice????

Could be, but I think it's a matter of adjusting and he didn't do such a great job in the ONE game they gave him on the right so far.

After two straight wins, JM is gonna scratch someone to add him? I honestly would be very surprised to see such a lineup change, doesn't fit JM's history.

Too true....and sad, even though Emelin is EXACTLY the type of player you want in your lineup against the Flyers.

I am actually looking forward to seeing what Emelin does against the more physical teams like Philly and Boston. Fingers crossed that we get to see it tonight!

• Upvote 1

Diaz is out? Personally I hate the idea of Emelin and Kaberle together. Emelin on the wrong side learning to play alongside a guy who is so piss poor defensively. Unless Kaberle goes to the right side perhaps?

Diaz is out?  Personally I hate the idea of Emelin and Kaberle together.  Emelin on the wrong side learning to play alongside a guy who is so piss poor defensively.  Unless Kaberle goes to the right side perhaps?

agreedz, if kabs has to stay on the left I'd put him with campoli, and emelin with gill.

Here's my question - is Emelin because JM chose to make room, or because something is up with Diaz? Has there been any word, official or media, on why Diaz has missed practice two days in a row? Injury? Going down the Hammy? Trade?

Whatever the case, here's hoping Emelin continues to adapt quickly to the right side. Quick enough to put the fear into some Flyers tonight!

Officially, the word is that Diaz is sick.

Diaz is sick. End of story. Obviously, Emelin and Diaz are excellent prospects. Weber is expendable. Once Markov will be healthy, Gauthier will have some room to trade one defenseman. It can be Campoli, Weber, even Gill or Gorges. It's going to be interesting. Meanwhile, we should a big improvement in the PP. I expect Gomez will be back in the line up too. And the way Plekanec has been playing lately, don't tell me that he doesn't have his place on the PP. If we could add one more productive forward, we might surprise a lot of people in the playoffs.

Emelin is not as comfortable on the right side. He was responsible on one turn-over. I guess he'll get better, but he cost us tonight.

He needs more work with Ladoucer. I don't think the plan was for him to play tonight but Diaz sick.

Emelin on he right side is just completely in-effected. he struggles in his positioning, is not physical a all and is continuously picking up the wrong man with his defensive responsibility. It's time to put him back on the left and use a veteran on the right.

Do we need to separate Subban and Gorges?

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering if Suban found some vids of Smiley Oddie (Lyle Odelin) to show Emelin? Seems to me Emelin still isn't flashing a grin on those MONSTER hits :( *sniff!

I was just wondering if Suban found some vids of Smiley Oddie (Lyle Odelin) to show Emelin? Seems to me Emelin still isn't flashing a grin on those MONSTER hits :( *sniff!

Emelin strikes me as a no nonsese clean player who loves to hit really hard. The problem with that grin is that the other team will want to wipe it off of your face. This team doesn't have the tough guys to back that up, and I would rather he not change the way he does things. He comes off as less of a wanna be tough guy and more of a quiet dangerous guy.

It's always the quiet ones!

Emelin is impressive. I know that he absolutely does not want to fight, and for good reasons. But I feel that he won't need too either. His body check, for the most part, are clean. He is a tough fellow, and will win the respct of the opposition. You'll see. In a year or two, forwards from the opposing team will think twice when they will move the puck around Emelin.

Emelin strikes me as a no nonsese clean player who loves to hit really hard. The problem with that grin is that the other team will want to wipe it off of your face. This team doesn't have the tough guys to back that up, and I would rather he not change the way he does things. He comes off as less of a wanna be tough guy and more of a quiet dangerous guy.

It's always the quiet ones!

True but maybe if he got botox to give himself a perma grin just one week in the month that would go over better? :P

I guess I just miss Oddie :D

Edit: It would be like pms or something. Watch out, it's that time of the month, Emelin has a grin!!! :D