Sabres vs Habs, Sept. 21, 7:30 PM

sakiqc

I gotta say Spacek looks faster. He looks better on his natural side too.

Yeah I've noticed that as well. Beaulieu looks great out there. I think it's safe to say the Habs have done well in drafting D corps recently, adding to the depth of the D.

Hmmmm, Interesting... interesting...

I thought the goalie played that pretty weak. It kinda looked like he was cheating for a pass that never came.

Is that Mayer?

He was pretty deep and left a hell of a lot for glove side at that angle, but that is why he is an AHL goaltender.

I only caught the 3rd, but Gallagher and Beaulieu really impressed. As so many stated, it was great to see Patches out there, and to a slightly lesser extent, Gorges. Spaceman played well.

I would like to see Dumont get a few more games. In the last two games Palushaj and Enqvist have recieved a lot of ice time as they are the general consensus first call ups, but I think Dumont has a tenacity and defensive awareness that looks good to me. Might just be a first impression but I like what I see in him

Beaulieu looked pretty comfortable out there and wanted the puck. Good skater. And as bbp pointed out, Gallagher was pretty exciting stuff out there.

Gotta luv that PK.

Fun to read a GDT again, even if I pay minimal attention to the preseason. And fun to read about promising kids, although nobody should be getting excited about ANY rookie until they've had a few *actual* NHL games.

I'm intrigued by the positive reports about Spacek, though. If he can raise his game that will go some distance to solidifying our D.

Patches looked a little rusty, despite his high energy and teamed with his favourite centerman. Had trouble handling the puck on a few occasions, but that'll hopefully improve with a couple more games. Figure for a guy who hasn't played for more than half a year...he wasn't bad.

PK seemed to be all over the place. I thought he was trying a little too hard, doing too much. Sweet goal though.

I never knew or saw much about Beaulieu, but now i see what everyone is talking about. He is a very complete package that seems to do everything very well. Smooth skater, passer, puck handler, and shooter. Don't know why he couldn't be a bulldog this year. I have a feeling he may get that 3 year contract a little sooner than expected.

Spacek almost looks like a new man out there. He was pretty slick against Buffalo on those first few shifts.

Like everyone else is saying, Desharnais has eyes on the back of his head. Can't believe some of the stuff he pulls off out there. He will be a better player than fellow midget Derek Roy. Much better.

And Gallagher...wow. Makes the rest of the prospect forwards almost invisible. He is slick and tenacious out there, and also showed some pretty good smarts. Looking forward to seeing him play some more games with better linemates.