Sabres vs Habs, Sept. 21, 7:30 PM

sakiqc

And Gallagher...wow. Makes the rest of the prospect forwards almost invisible. He is slick and tenacious out there, and also showed some pretty good smarts. Looking forward to seeing him play some more games with better linemates.

I am hoping I can catch a Giants game and watch him play now that I am in Vancouver!

Beaulieu was easily the most dominant Hab out there. Is he committed to university this year? Gllagher also looked great. Deharnais and Subban were impressive.

Beaulieu plays in the QMJHL, so no university commitments for him. He can turn pro next year since he has a late '92 birthdate.

And yes, Gallagher can't turn pro to next year because he's a 1992 birthdate as well. That does mean both Gallagher and Beaulieu are contenders for Team Canada's WJC team, along with Bournival. They'll all be 19 when that tournament starts.

Beaulieu plays in the QMJHL, so no university commitments for him. He can turn pro next year since he has a late '92 birthdate.

And yes, Gallagher can't turn pro to next year because he's a 1992 birthdate as well. That does mean both Gallagher and Beaulieu are contenders for Team Canada's WJC team, along with Bournival. They'll all be 19 when that tournament starts.

Not quite true. Both can turn pro this year, but it has to be with the Canadiens. They are not elligible for the dogs unless they evoke the exception rule which is really for elite prospects like a Crosby.

Not quite true. Both can turn pro this year, but it has to be with the Canadiens. They are not elligible for the dogs unless they evoke the exception rule which is really for elite prospects like a Crosby.

Well, yes, that is true. They can also go to the AHL as soon as their major junior season is over, if we want to get all technical!

Gallagher is probably closer to the NHL right now in terms of depth chart... one could make a case he's close to Palushaj, White or Blunden in terms of overall ability. Beaulieu is probably our 10th D at best, after Woywitka and Diaz.

Well, yes, that is true. They can also go to the AHL as soon as their major junior season is over, if we want to get all technical!

Gallagher is probably closer to the NHL right now in terms of depth chart... one could make a case he's close to Palushaj, White or Blunden in terms of overall ability. Beaulieu is probably our 10th D at best, after Woywitka and Diaz.

I think every year we go through the same thing and have to explain to the letter the ruling. I don't know if that reflects new people on the board or just old people that can't remember.

I think Bulldogs fans may question you on that :P

Well, to be fair, he was an AHL goalie last year. I'd just like to add an adjective in front of that if I may. He was a bad AHL goalie and will be fighting to stay with the Bulldogs this year. That's one of the more intriguing camp battles to me.

I keep refreshing the main page every 5 mins waiting for the article on the game haha!

Sorry, didn't have a chance last night to do the 3 Stars. I've got some other behind the scenes stuff I need to do on the site, focused on that instead yesterday.