GDT: Boston vs Montreal, Sept. 26

dlbalr

Good Guys:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gallagher

Willsie - Bournival - Gionta (I refuse to believe they'll make Willsie play C when another C is on the line)

Trotter - Dumont - Blunden

Lefebvre - DeSimone - Berger

Spacek - Diaz

Woywitka - Gorges

Tinordi - St-Denis

Price (full 60)

Bad Guys:

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin

Caron - Kelly - Arniel

Sauve - Peverley - Clark

MacDermid - Campbell - Thornton

Seidenberg - Kampfer

Ference - Cohen

Bartkowski - Boychuk

Rask (full 60)

Also, the DTD/IR update since people liked that in my last GDT:

D - Subban, Markov, Nash, Dame-Malka, McFadden

F - Desharnais, Eller, White, Leblanc, Nash, Fortier, Schultz, Nattinen, Bishop, Moen, Winnett, Pacioretty

Several of these will extend into the season - for sure Markov, Nash, and White, probably Bishop and Eller as well. Not sure about Leblanc/Nattinen yet.

• Upvote 1

Another brutally weak lineup. Hopefully the last time.

I am not a fan of so many rookies. I know people think it gives them a chance to show what they can do, but few of them are getting to play with vets, which is what they would do if they were brought up. Some of these guys might look a bit better if they were with Pleks / Gomez, etc. Gallaghar looks like he is the only one getting the chance tonight. He might want to bury the gift Pleks will probably give him and not hit the post. :)

The bruins are laughing at us again... they figure they don't need Chara to cripple someone and Marchand to clobber us.

Not good

It's only the pre season, not sure anyone is laughing yet.

On the flipside, Martin cares about the Bruins so little at this point that we're still testing rookies.

So far, DeSimone, Blunden (save for that fall), Diaz, and Bournival have stood out for me tonight. This has been one of the more entertaining games in the preseason so far I think. Speaking of DeSimone, watch for him to sign some sort of contract in the next couple of days as he'll likely be cut later tonight/early tomorrow.

well the refs are in mid-season form. After ignoring Campbell knocking over price, they call one on the habs, then put the whistle away when the habs need to come back (some nice trips going on).

In any case, we have two games left so they better cut the crap and start working the real team.

Price has looked much better tonight at least. Rounding into form.

Watched pretty much the whole game.

My + :

Gallagher

Cammy

Price

Gorges

Dumont

Tinordi (nice physical presence against a team like Boston, I liked)

DeSimone (all alone on his line)

My - :

Woywitka

Trotter

Diaz (maybe I was expecting to much, but I don't think that he steped up enough to deserve to be staying til the end)

Lefebvre

My thoughts on the game: The team looked vastly better than they did in the previous games. Very entertaining game as well, for a period and a half.

The rush by Desimone for the Cammy goal was excellent. Aggressive. Loved it.

The crap by Campbell on Price ... unbelievable that nobody did anything, inc refs. Next time I hope Price defends himself. Speaking of, so relieved he had a good game.

We still don't have an answer to Lucic in front of the net... did anyone else notice that noone went near him for most of the game?

LOVE Gallagher. So impressive. Every time he's on the ice, he creates chances.

I really, really hope this Subban thing isn't serious... I miss him on the blueline

The crap by Campbell on Price ... unbelievable that nobody did anything, inc refs. Next time I hope Price defends himself.

That's one of the major differences between the Habs and the Bruins. If any habs players sets foot anywhere near the Boston netminder, that Habs player is gonna take a beating from all the bruins players on the ice...what do the habs do when someone knocks over their goalie? Absolutely nothing! That was sad!

Carey went down faster than the Titanic on that play.

Come on, Campbell head-butted him with his helmet. Whatever it was, he shouldn't have been allowed to so much as touch/breathe on Price without someone doing something about it.

• Upvote 1

Come on, Campbell head-butted him with his helmet. Whatever it was, he shouldn't have been allowed to so much as touch/breathe on Price without someone doing something about it.

Carey is a big boy. He can take care of himself. He is lucky he didn't get a diving call. Whatever. No harm no foul.

This is an interesting topic, can you think that maybe this comes from management not to do after the play shenanagans? Or were the D just not up the task? I know as a fan, I was not happy with the failed no-reaction. I know Mara is gone, but this is something I think as a vet he would address. The habs don't seem to have any "S O B"s on D, Gill is big but doesn't use it like he could. Gorges was doing some standupishness in the few games I've seen. Markov has never been one to do it, I hope that Yemelin becomes this player. In the long run, having players afraid to crash the net could earn less goals against and more wins down the road.