Tampa vs Montreal, Sept. 29 7:30 pm

kenadian

Thought I'd start today's GDT. Had to start it early since I won't be around come gametime........I'll be at a dinner honouring the BIG M.

http://www.thesudbur...y.aspx?c=202075

As for the lineups, not a clue........... :rolleyes: Win this one for the BIG M......

I'll have to ask him why they scheduled it on a GAME NIGHT :wall:

=============================

Cole - Plekanec - Cammalleri

Kostitsyn - Desharnais - Gionta

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gallagher

Bournival - Engqvist - Blunden

Gorges - Campoli

Yemelin - Subban

Gill - Diaz

Budaj

St. Louis - Stamkos - Connolly

Shannon - Lecavalier - Purcell

Malone - Thompson - Downie

Tyrell - Pyatt - B. Jones

Hedman/Clark – Brewer

Bergeron - Kubina

Gilroy - Gervais

Roloson

Does anyone know if RDS streams the games? I thought I'd heard at one point they stream all 82, but I can't seem to find confirmation on that. I think it's a pay service, but again, not sure on that either. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Brian smells like wet dog. Pass it on.

For me, the way I see it, it's not really a promotion of Gallagher to Gionta's spot on the 2nd line, but it's more a demotion for Gomez in favour of Desharnais. Anyways, it's 3 offensive lines, and it will be interesting to see how it works out tonight. We have to expect, though, that this will be the last game for Gallagher and Bournival, Enqvist and Blunden. Lots of pressure on Yemelin tonight. Hopes he performs well and shows what he can bring to the team at the NHL level.

I think Enqvist and Gallagher will be around for awhile. I like this lineup, its going to look pretty sweet when Moen and Eller get healthy, wouldn't it be awesome to actually have a full team for once.

Does anyone know if RDS streams the games? I thought I'd heard at one point they stream all 82, but I can't seem to find confirmation on that. I think it's a pay service, but again, not sure on that either. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Brian smells like wet dog. Pass it on.

Woof, woof...

As far as I know, RDS isn't streaming the games, at least not for free. That said, TSN/CBC always do and about half the games are on those two stations this year. Heck, tonight's game is on TSN and is being streamed.

I've also added in Tampa's lines for tonight.

this is off topic but;

With Gionta, Cammalleri, Gomez, Desharnais, Plekanec already in line up for next couple years, how could Gallagher ever be added? A team cant have 6 small forwards in the top 9 can it?

this is off topic but;

With Gionta, Cammalleri, Gomez, Desharnais, Plekanec already in line up for next couple years, how could Gallagher ever be added? A team cant have 6 small forwards in the top 9 can it?

If any team can, it'd be us! :nuts:

In truth, though, are all those guys gonna be around in 2-3 years, when Gallagher (realistically) will be a major lineup regular, assuming he makes the NHL at all? (Also, is Gomer Pyle realy 'small' per se? He's listed at 200 lbs. Really, he's not so much 'small' as 'not big'). I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Woof, woof...

As far as I know, RDS isn't streaming the games, at least not for free. That said, TSN/CBC always do and about half the games are on those two stations this year. Heck, tonight's game is on TSN and is being streamed.

I've also added in Tampa's lines for tonight.

I'm actually looking for the streaming RDS. We don't have TV anymore and if I want to catch games, it'll either be online or not at all. So if anyone knows if RDS is streaming the games and where to find that, it'd be helpful. I'm not going to pay for TSN mobile; I'll only watch on other stations if its free. I'm willing to pay only for a full season of the RDS streaming.

If someone can find out then maybe someone can write something about the Habs for someone else. :-P

If any team can, it'd be us! :nuts:

In truth, though, are all those guys gonna be around in 2-3 years, when Gallagher (realistically) will be a major lineup regular, assuming he makes the NHL at all? (Also, is Gomer Pyle realy 'small' per se? He's listed at 200 lbs. Really, he's not so much 'small' as 'not big'). I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Gomer is small the way Sakic and Yzerman were small. Small is only small when you don't play big. Otherwise any size is big. Theo Fleury was never small.

well, even though it's 2-0 the habs fowards are skating. Campoli looks like a great pickup! Offensive defensemen, he's good.

The first goal, I want to say it wasn't Yemelins fault. AK may not have made the best choice, either way, not a good play. The second goal, well that was just Stamkos being Stamkos with our own players screening Budaj. And rollie the goalie has been shutting the door.

So otherwise, the Habs are fast and aggressive on O, they just need to make better plays on D.

I like Gallagher, he wants to be involved. Every time he goes on the ice he wants to create something and score. That's what AK needs...

It's legit to be concerned about our blueline (as I have been saying all along), but that should be based on an assessment of the personnel rather than the preseason. Defensive zone coverage is as much a function of team play and commitment as it is talent. JM teams always are tightwads defensively; I'd expect the coverage to improve once the season starts.

Campoli made some nice plays, but I notice he missed the net repeatedly with his shot. Isn't that part of the book on him - that he can't get his shot on net with consistency? Maybe we should get used to it.

Preseason doesn't count for points, but it does indicate how they play. Other teams in preseason can score since there are many defensive mistakes. The habs are not scoring all that much. They get chances, but have you not noticed how most of the other teams goalies look so good, ours not so much.

I see several areas of concern. The front end is small and easily pushed around. We have a lot of streaky scorers. Our back end is not contributing outside of PK (and hopefully Markov when he returns). The fact that we are mucking about with 4 forwards on the PP shows our lack of offensive depth on the back end.

We definitely miss Markov and I am not saying we are doomed, but we don't look that impressive.

I'm actually looking for the streaming RDS. We don't have TV anymore and if I want to catch games, it'll either be online or not at all. So if anyone knows if RDS is streaming the games and where to find that, it'd be helpful. I'm not going to pay for TSN mobile; I'll only watch on other stations if its free. I'm willing to pay only for a full season of the RDS streaming.

You don't need to pay for TSN mobile to watch the TSN games online, at least as far as I know. Same with CBC. Doesn't look like RDS has legal online streaming.

As for the game itself, Gallagher is looking good in what is his final shot to make the team in all probability as he has to be signed by 5 PM Saturday. (Of course the Habs could sign him and still send him back but given their stunning apprehension to doing this with other prospects, Leblanc the lone exception, I don't see it happening.) You have to think that if they choose to carry a junior player, it'll only be one which means Bournival and Gallagher are fighting for the same spot.

Blunden has been active in this one while Campoli really seems to want to shoot. That's not a bad thing either. They changed the lines part way through to something that made more sense, Gionta back with Pacioretty/Gomez while Gallagher went with Desharnais and Kostitsyn.