Montreal vs Toronto, October 6, 2011

dlbalr

This period has been ridiculous. Men against boys - the Habs have controlled every facet of play from whistle to whistle. I have to laugh, listening to the 'experts' and announcers trying to draw parallels between these teams, like they're at comparable levels. Like Gartner = Subban, Reimer = Price, etc.. It's like the TSN panel of 'experts' predicting a dogfight between Habs and Leafs for the 8th playoff spot. Puh-lease.

TO surprised me with their sheer suckage. I expected at least a furious 10 opening minutes. They had nothing.

All that being said, it's 0-0 and the Habs have to keep playing this kind of texbook JM hockey. If we do, it'll be no contest.

P.S.: what's with the RDS sattelite feed?? I hate having to watch these CBC clowns.

Diaz has looked fabulous, I gotta say.

No question that the Leafs are (so far) in a position to 'steal' the game. That's where Price has to come up big - on the small number of times he will be required to.

Cherry basically blaming Shanhan for the Leafs' playing like turds :nuts: Thanks for that expert analysis

and now the truth comes out.. .Cherry shows the Pacs push on Chara last year and says..."and he got it the next game... never push the D"...

As most of us said last year.. per-meditated hit on Pacs.. everyone like Cherry rushed to chara's defense to avoid the suspension.. now that the cup is up.. chara was just teaching a lesson...

oh the hypocrisy...

Of course it was premeditated. I wouldn't be surprised if Campbell decided not to suspend Chara precisely because he felt that Patches got what he deserved for violating the 'code.' Can we please stop this nonsense of pretending it was anything other than attempted murder?

Beautiful words fellow posters.

This feels like a playoff game. There was like.. so many posts in that period, I am amazed one of those many chances didn't go in.

They know how to play...

And just reading your comments on Don... God I stopped watching that channel a long time ago. There are some people on this planet I can't bear to either watch or be around, just from the lack of... I don't know how to say it.. ummmm.... Spirit!!!!!

Just reading what you said hurts my heart, that someone would actually defend that hit... oh wait yeah, I forgot I'm on planet Earth...

Its boring to agree but u guys r right - solid 1st period - team looks very well organized and ready for the season. Just gotta score!

Of course it was premeditated. I wouldn't be surprised if Campbell decided not to suspend Chara precisely because he felt that Patches got what he deserved for violating the 'code.' Can we please stop this nonsense of pretending it was anything other than attempted murder?

I can't get into it about that. It's too infuriating. People are cometely obtuse in their assessmemt of that hit.

Cherry saying we'll never see hits like these in the game again, and shows us a bunch of great hits that are now illegal.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but

1 of those hits led to a massive concussion for Eric Lindros and eventually led him down the path from NHL Superstar, Captain of Team Canada, arguably best all-around guy in the league, hart trophy winner.... to third line plug on the Leafs in his early 30s.

The next hit took Paul Kariya and left him unconscious on the ice. It also contributed to a massive decline in the skills of a superstar, and he was forced to retire early.

Its unfortunate the league is taking these hits out of the game. Watching a superstar lying on the ice unconscious is great fun. Knowing that they never come back quite the same is awesome!

Lindros, Kariya, Lafontaine, Primeau, etc.... etc.... it shouldn't have taken this long.

Edited by Commandant

See, I'm suffering because for some reason my RDS feed is on the blink. I have to watch a level of "analysis" that works as follows:

-Leafs good. Habs bad.

-Habs dominate. Therefore, period = 'bad hockey.'

-Hits good. Therefore illegal hits good. Therefore suspensions bad.

-Boston good. Habs bad.

-Therefore, Chara hit = good. Pacioretty bad.

-Therefore, Brad Marchand's goal celebrations and flipping the bird to Vancouver and Montreal fans = good. PK Subban celebrating beautiful goals = an intolerable violation of The Code.

It is amateur hour. And it's not just Cherry - nearly everybody on there works at the same level, save Hughson and Hrudey, basically.

Not a surprise. Habs just have to stay cool and keep playing their game.

I'm slightly concerned about Gomez, Patches, and Spacek. They've all looked feeble out there so far - and Cammy has been oddly invisible.

The whole team knows Subban likes to skate. There should have been a forward covering his point. One mistake and goal after a dominant 1st

It was an extended battle down low with all 3 forwards. It was entirely Subban's fault to not drop back.

The whole team knows Subban likes to skate. There should have been a forward covering his point. One mistake and goal after a dominant 1st

Yeah, gotta clean that up.

PK also has to be a little less agressive if we are gonna use a forward on the point with him.

That said... go out and and dominate again, and tie this up.

Edited by Commandant