Controversial Thread

BTH

For Fanpuck since he dislikes talk of politics in the Jets logo thread.

I'm not necessarily looking to start a specific conversation with this thread. It is simply a place to start a conversation that would be too controversial in another section due to its political, philosophical, religious, or generally provocative nature. Also a place (maybe) to move off-topic thread into.

This is not a place to post random offensive comments*.

*Unless they are funny.

I find myself as I get older and more financially stable, that my political views are shifting further right. I'm already done school, I don't care if they freeze tuition rates now. Even though I have a little girl who will be going to school someday anyways. I used to be a far left thinking kind of person, now I am finding myself closer and closer to the middle. I'm not sure if it will keep going. But I voted for the Liberals for the first time in my life yesterday.

The teachings of Joseph Campbell really helped open my eyes to the power of myth in all societies.

I think George Carlin also had a healthy take on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

George Carlin has something like 5 of my top 10 stand up comic numbers ever.

So who else is an Atheist?

I don't think atheism is controversial. That being said, I am not only an atheist but staunchly anti-religion, which obviously is controversial. A fan of Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Michael Shermer, Dan Dennett, James Randi, etc. Oh, George Carlin and (usually) Bill Maher too, of course. lol But I prefer Carlin's talk about fascism and fascist use of language.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think atheism is controversial. That being said, I am not only an atheist but staunchly anti-religion, which obviously is controversial. A fan of Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Michael Shermer, Dan Dennett, James Randi, etc. Oh, George Carlin and (usually) Bill Maher too, of course. lol But I prefer Carlin's talk about fascism and fascist use of language.

Your interests include me. I'm controversial.

Discuss.

This post read something different and was more interesting earlier but Colin changed it.

Discuss.

I have plausible deniability. There was nothing of any nature for which there is proof.

Jetsniper is a eunich.

Discuss.

I'm surprised to see Joseph Campbell and George Carlin mentioned here.

Personally Bill Hicks does comedy for me. Other than Dave Chappelle I don't really enjoy many other comics.

Since this is the controversy thread, atheism and anarchy suck! And so does religion and politics, and so does mainstream media :rofl:

Melodic Power metal rules :halm:

More on awesome music in the music thread later...

Since this is the controversy thread, atheism and anarchy suck! And so does religion and politics, and so does mainstream media :rofl:

Hey now! You can't just come on the controversial thread and state things like that without giving reasons! How can we argue your points and enter into a civil debate when your statements are so simplistic and grade 3? ;-)

Explain how or why they suck, and we can go from there!

Why would I want a lousy, piece of crap Mac

Then I couldn't join and leave HWL over and over.

Oh wait, that's you. =P

Hey now! That has nothing to do with the Mac. That's got to do with the death and destruction of my real life over the last few years! You leave the Macs out of this. Make fun of my real life.

Ok

uh

Comic-Con sucks and is for losers

Wait, have you gone lately?

Every year, baby. Gets sweeter all the time. This past year I was walking around the floor with my boy and he was a little tired, so was yawning and such. Marina Sirtis looked at him, made an 'oh cute baby' face, and then a sad face, called us over, and offered Kieran candy. Then she made him smile and chatted with us for a while.

Yes, that's right, Deanna Troi picked MY boy out of a crowd and gave him candy.

And I don't care HOW that sounds. LOL She was awesome.

Every year, baby. Gets sweeter all the time. This past year I was walking around the floor with my boy and he was a little tired, so was yawning and such. Marina Sirtis looked at him, made an 'oh cute baby' face, and then a sad face, called us over, and offered Kieran candy. Then she made him smile and chatted with us for a while.

Yes, that's right, Deanna Troi picked MY boy out of a crowd and gave him candy.

And I don't care HOW that sounds. LOL She was awesome.

You are so Vork from The Guild.

I would've killed to go last year with Thor, Cap and Avengers panels. Did you see Andrew Garfield's speech from this year? About Spider-Man. It was pretty cool.

This thread has changed.... i don't even know you anymore. You're all dead to me

Sorry, Colin and myself have a great ability to derail threads.

Continue as if we didn't do anything

Sorry, Colin and myself have a great ability to derail threads.

Continue as if we didn't do anything

Or.... Call us controversial and discuss!!!

Cha-ching.