Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

You better get something in an 8-6 win.

Sure, but were down 4-1 in 1st period when he scored and he seemed to be in on most of comeback goals.

And with his slow start in OHL, a 4 point game may do wonders for his confidence (and ice time, not that I know how much he has been playing)?

Vail with 2 & 2 and 1st star (in on all 4 Windsor goals and has GWG), now 19th in OHL scoring.

Bozon with 2 g and 1st star and GWG

Crisp sitting due to 1 game suspension for slew-foot.

Thrower 1a so far tonight and sits 12th in WHL d-scoring.

McCarron managed to avoid any points on London's 7 goals.

It's interesting how he pretty much broke out after the guy who got the C that should have been his was traded. Vail has had an odd ride in Windsor.

Yup.

17points in last 9 games with another goal yesterday and now tied for 15th in OHL scoring (I am not exactly sure when the GMs son was traded/left for Sweden)

But Vail playing on defense last year was likely unexpected and odd and not sure Windsor has been the best team for his development?

As a 4th year junior Vail's numbers should be good, mostly playing vs younger kids, but they said he played well in Hamilton last spring in the 12 game stint he had last spring and he could be a solid 2 way pro centre?

Dalton Thrower who is 5th year junior, with 2 point game yesterday is 9th in WHL d-scoring. But as Commandant says, his numbers must be treated with grain of salt, as older kids tend to dominate simply because of age/experience/maturity difference.

But is still encouraging to see these 2 kids doing very well.

McCarron was ugly and a -3 in that nationally televised game.

The Knights lost 5-3

didn't watch a lot but saw, just a dumb penalty trying to get a guy to fight, shaky with puck and lumbering around, but I give him a pass till end of next season, before I start guessing which semi-pro league he will goon it up in.

I went to the Vancouver Giants game against the Prince George Cougars (not exactly a marquee matchup haha) and paid close attention to Dalton Thrower.

Positives

- Got an assist on the goal like 40 seconds into the first period. He made a nice play shooting it off the goalies pads to his teammate.

- Made a lot of smart pinches and is really involved offensively (took a ton of shots). Was confident calling for the puck too.

- When dealing with a forward 1 on 1 he handles them very well.

Negatives

- If he was supposed to be physical I didn't see it. Only physical thing he did was blatantly run over the goalie taking a penalty which led to a PP goal.

- A lot of pucks "Go Through Him" passes go through his skates or right by him without him managing to block/tip any of them.

- Loses forwards behind him. Noticed it a few times that he over commits to players behind the net leaving people open in front of the net.

Obviously this is one game but considering he is the Captain of the team and one of the 20 year olds, i wouldn't say he looked good out there. While heavily involved offensively he came across as a defensive liability and was involved in more goals against then goals for. Though to note... obviously this wasn't a big game (Prince George is far from a strong opponent) and Vancouver was winning 4-1 by 10 minutes which could lull the team into a false sense of security which would lead to some of the mistakes I saw him make.

Gregoire 3 assists/1st star, he has been quiet lately. Nevins has a tussel in that game.

Crisp 1a and +2

And Sniper Vail with 22nd goal and tied 14th OHL scoring.

Is Thrower another Bergevin boy? I remember his comment on draft day was pretty much "we saw him fight a much bigger guy in the prospect game, so we knew we wanted to draft him". This struck me as simple; the guy knows he'll draw attention at a prospect game by going after that fight.

McCarron, Thrower, Nevins, Crisp, and probably some others, don't quite fit the Timmins mold and thus have a whiff of Bergevin about them. And although it's admittedly FAR too early to tell, they don't look very good so far either.

Is Thrower another Bergevin boy? I remember his comment on draft day was pretty much "we saw him fight a much bigger guy in the prospect game, so we knew we wanted to draft him". This struck me as simple; the guy knows he'll draw attention at a prospect game by going after that fight.

McCarron, Thrower, Nevins, Crisp, and probably some others, don't quite fit the Timmins mold and thus have a whiff of Bergevin about them. And although it's admittedly FAR too early to tell, they don't look very good so far either.

Indeed, but he had only been on the job for a month and a half at that point, so I'd say it's pretty safe to assume Bergevin didn't have a lot to say to Timmins other than "BPA".

Thrower is doing well and lack of a physical game isn't a worry, staying away from headshots and laying guys out for suspensions is more a worry.

Anyways, will see how he looks in late spring in Hamilton.

Crisp and Nevins are hoping they may be the next Prust, Moan, a Ryan Reeves-type or I guess best-case a Lucic.

And maybe not only Bergevin hinting, but could be Molson mentioned that a marketable tough guy like a Nilan, would 'be nice' to have on team?

Yes I think your right on the gritty guys, I'm also thinking MB thinks of McCarron as hopefully a Bickel type as opposed to Lucic. It would be great if he had more offense but he was picked at the end of the first round.

Thrower with 2 point game yesterday, now tied for 6th in WHL d-scoring.

Bozon chips in with another goal.

Reway with 1 & 1 and 2nd star, in his 1st game back.

The Timmins mold...

You mean like Ryan O'Byrne, Jimmy Bonneau, Maxim Lapierre, Kyle Chipchura, Alexei Emelin, Greg Stewart, Gui Latendresse, Philippe Paquet, Pavel Valentenko, Andrew Conboy, Steve Quailer, Jarred Tinordi, Darren Dietz and Josiah Didier?

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker