Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

On the plus side, Halifax did get the win. Fucale may not get the next start but if they get through this series, I'm sure he'll be back in at some point.

Ya, Fucale is sitting today and Halifax is winning.

At least he's getting to play. It's still pre-tournament action but it can't hurt his development.

I wonder what kind of icetime he is seeing? Likely not a ton eh?

Mooseheads win game 5 in OT 4-3..... Fucale 22/25 but stats don't tell the whole story, he was very good as the chances were very high quality including a ridiculous amount of breakaways for Val D'Or that he just kept stopping.

Reway had an assist yesterday in the Slovaks' win over Finland (the lines weren't listed so I'm not sure where he played). Mayer got the nod today against the Czechs - his first action since being assigned - but Switzerland lost 2-1.

If Google Translation is working correctly, it looks like Nygren is going to get a crack at Sweden's World Championship team as well.

Reway had an assist yesterday in the Slovaks' win over Finland (the lines weren't listed so I'm not sure where he played). Mayer got the nod today against the Czechs - his first action since being assigned - but Switzerland lost 2-1.

If Google Translation is working correctly, it looks like Nygren is going to get a crack at Sweden's World Championship team as well.

So Nygren seems to want to be NHL or stay in Sweden eh. And wants no part of playing in Hamilton.

But, his defense is still weak and likely would be turned inside-out often in NHL.

So, what will Habs likely do? Try and deal him at draft or Free Agency deal of some sort?

So Nygren seems to want to be NHL or stay in Sweden eh. And wants no part of playing in Hamilton.

But, his defense is still weak and likely would be turned inside-out often in NHL.

So, what will Habs likely do? Try and deal him at draft or Free Agency deal of some sort?

Hard to say at this point. I think for them, Plan A is that he makes the big club next year in the 6/7 role and allows for one of the other prospects to get some more time in Hamilton. I'm not sure he carries much trade value at this time given what has happened this year, it's worth holding onto him unless they've decided no matter what that he's not coming to camp/making the team.

Baie-Comeau with a big win today although both Gregoire and Hudon had off games. That one is going to Game 7.

Played 230 games (plus an NHL training camp) in 3 years. This is the only time he's looked bad. Fatigue?

It's certainly a possibility. I imagine Fucale will get a long playoff run next year too (I suspect he'll be a rental at the deadline for a contending Quebec league team). I'm not too worried about him.

Hudon-Gregoire 2 man wreckin-crew!

Gregoire assisted on both of Hudon's goals and added the 3rd goal in 3-0 win.

Gregoire 1st star and Hudon 2nd star. 3 more wins and off to join McCarron in memorial cup hopefully.

their 2nd game is early today also, again televised on TVA.

Reway was on the 2nd line yesterday in Slovakia's warmup games, hopefully a good sign for his chances. Unfortunately he didn't get a point in the game. Mayer got another start for Switzerland and lost 2-0 to Germany. He's not getting much goal support in his bid to make the team. He did, however, survive the first cut as Daniel Manzato was sent home (with Reto Berra being added).

Edit: Reway's on the 2nd line for today's game as well alongside Richard Panik and former Hab prospect Juraj Mikus.

If I was Switzerland, I would be sending Mayer home. Just my opinion (as you are well aware.)

Right now, I'd have to guess that he has the inside track on the #3 spot behind Berra and Genoni (who I'm a fan of; if it wasn't for his size, I think he'd have had an NHL look by now).

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker