Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Add Olofsson to that list as well.

Was there any Habs prospects that were thought to get an invite yet didn’t?

15 hours ago, revvvrob said:

Was there any Habs prospects that were thought to get an invite yet didn’t?

Joel Teasdale had an outside chance but he didn't make the cut for Canada.  Joni Ikonen (injury) wasn't on Finland's list - I'm guessing he's too far away in his recovery to play.

17 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Joel Teasdale had an outside chance but he didn't make the cut for Canada.  Joni Ikonen (injury) wasn't on Finland's list - I'm guessing he's too far away in his recovery to play.

Ikonen has started skating but has not been participating in the team practices yet. Still hoping that he makes a full recovery.

Teasdale 2g(13, 14)1a, 2nd star in 6-3 loss.

Hillis 1g (8) 5shots, 3rd star in 4-3 loss

McShane 1g (11)

Brook 1a 3rd period

Fonstad 1g(8)1a end of 2nd

31 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Poehling 1a in 3rd period

How do you think he do at the WJC?

He should find it easier vs younger opposition I would assume.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:32 PM, DON said:

How do you think he do at the WJC?

He should find it easier vs younger opposition I would assume.

I think the us team will.use him as their shutdown centre.  Im not sure he'll be put in position to.get a lot of points but i expect big minutes.

On 12/8/2018 at 4:35 PM, dlbalr said:

Ylonen had a big game today - a goal and an assist while playing 21:20.  He added the winner in the shootout for good measure.

That was the only goal in the shootout, no one else (on either team) was able score.

Incidentally, this was against Assat, Korpiniemi's and Armia's former team. Dead last in the Liiga, but somewhat improved recently.

28 minutes ago, Neech said:

Apparently there's a chance that Poehling will return to school next year, allowing him to become a free agent afterwards.  Not good news from one of our top prospects.

I saw the report.

A few things

1) the idea is that if SCSU doesnt win the NCAA this year he could go back for his senior season.  I don't buy that.  SCSU is a contender this year... no doubt.  However, they will be losing a number of key seniors next year.  Even with Poehling, they wont be a contender.

2) this is only Poehlings second year post draft.  I would have to look at the rules cause its a unique situation that he was drafted after his first year instead of before entering college... but... i think he might not be able to be free agent until 4 years after his draft.

3) people had the same concerns on evans.  That didnt seem to be an issue.  He signed as soon as his year was done.

4) as a first rounder.  We would get a compensatory second if he left.  I still dont think he leaves though.  I think he signs in the spring.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

2) this is only Poehlings second year post draft.  I would have to look at the rules cause its a unique situation that he was drafted after his first year instead of before entering college... but... i think he might not be able to be free agent until 4 years after his draft.

Here's the CBA excerpt:

If a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is a bona fide college student at the time of his selection in the Entry Draft, or becomes a bona fide college student prior to the first June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, and remains a bona fide college student through the graduation of his college class, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for his services through and including the August 15 following the graduation of his college class. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to such Player to retain such rights.

The Habs hold his rights through August 15, 2020, not the standard four years for college players.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Here's the CBA excerpt:

If a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is a bona fide college student at the time of his selection in the Entry Draft, or becomes a bona fide college student prior to the first June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, and remains a bona fide college student through the graduation of his college class, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for his services through and including the August 15 following the graduation of his college class. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to such Player to retain such rights.

The Habs hold his rights through August 15, 2020, not the standard four years for college players.

Thanks, 

My other points still stand.  Most importantly it doesn't make sense to go back to SCSU to try and win in 2020, because they won't be good enough.

St Cloud players that will be graduating at the end of the season include Poehling's two brothers (Jack and Nick), Jimmy Schuldt (Captain), Patrick Newell (Leading Scorer this year), Robby Jackson (3rd leading scorer after Ryan Poehling). 

2 hours ago, DON said:

Ylonen 1g 2a in 7-0 win over Denmark.

Suzuki-Brook 0 pts

Poehling/Primeau vs Romanov at 10:00 pm today.

Brook had an assist.

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-canada/men/junior/2018-19/world-championship/stats/game-summary?gameid=2365&pretournament=true