Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Somehow the NCAA left the league leader in goals and points off its 50-man Hobey Baker nominee list. 

Jordan Harris is on the list if you want to vote for him though. 

https://www.hobeybaker.com/vote

It says the players on the list were submitted by the schools. It looks like half the Big 10 didn't submit anyone.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Somehow the NCAA left the league leader in goals and points off its 50-man Hobey Baker nominee list. 

Jordan Harris is on the list if you want to vote for him though. 

https://www.hobeybaker.com/vote

3 hours ago, Fanpuck33 said:

It says the players on the list were submitted by the schools. It looks like half the Big 10 didn't submit anyone.

Looks bad on Wisconsin IMO

17 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Looks bad on Wisconsin IMO

Meh. If the fan vote really mattered, they would have submitted names. It's a joke that there is a fan vote involved at all. I don't find any details, but I'm sure it is like the Heisman vote where the fan vote counts as one vote when they actually decide the award.

Revision: Apparently there is a 23 person panel making the decisions. So if the fan vote does count as one vote, that is actually fairly significant. Not nominating for the fan vote could potentially have a significant impact if that is the case. I can't imagine teams wouldn't bother with a submission if the fan vote really made an impact.

1 minute ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Meh. If the fan vote really mattered, they would have submitted names. It's a joke that there is a fan vote involved at all. I don't find any details, but I'm sure it is like the Heisman vote where the fan vote counts as one vote when they actually decide the award.

Revision: Apparently there is a 23 person panel making the decisions. So if the fan vote does count as one vote, that is actually fairly significant. Not nominating for the fan vote could potentially have a significant impact if that is the case.

Good revision ... clarifies things, for me anyway ... they nominated CC last season, so why not this year when he would have a chance to win?  

I have one message for Wisconsin
CgRU=

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Ikonen and Olofsson both have to be offered contracts this year if we want to keep them, right?

I would trade them to Pittsburgh or Arizona who have depth problems, anything above a 6th round draft pick would be OK.

I would be happy with a mean M0drFracker for the AHL team, a big one that can skate and doesn't take penalties.

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Ikonen and Olofsson both have to be offered contracts this year if we want to keep them, right?

Ikonen yes, Olofsson no.  He was drafted a year later so the Habs have until June 1, 2022 to sign him.

On the main page, there's a Prospect Signing Deadlines link that goes here -  https://www.habsworld.net/2010/09/habs-prospect-signing-deadlines/.  I'm not the greatest at updating it as players sign (or what their current team is) but it at least has when everyone has to be signed by; I usually update it right after each draft.

24 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

On the main page, there's a Prospect Signing Deadlines link that goes here -  https://www.habsworld.net/2010/09/habs-prospect-signing-deadlines/.  I'm not the greatest at updating it as players sign (or what their current team is) but it at least has when everyone has to be signed by; I usually update it right after each draft.

Thanks! I had not noticed that before, very useful.

Looked at dlbalr prospect ranking 30-26 write up, does that seem like a weaker group in that range than average. Is the prospect pool thinner, even with all the draft picks they have had recently?

Or on par with other years?

2 hours ago, DON said:

Looked at dlbalr prospect ranking 30-26 write up, does that seem like a weaker group in that range than average. Is the prospect pool thinner, even with all the draft picks they have had recently?

Or on par with other years?

I actually think it's a stronger group than last year (30-26: Khisamutdinov, Alain, Gorniak, Dichow, Pitlick).  Having said that, most teams don't have prospect pools that have high-quality players in this range. 

I think it’s really hard judging actual team depth based on prospects that are at 20 or below on the depth chart. Most of these players will never be NHL regulars, and many might never pull on a Habs sweater.

There are some here that we can hope will make it — like Ikonen — but, really, the odds are very long for them.

The key is the top half of the prospect chart, that’s where we really need to have depth (and presumably do).

He may be too good for the USHL but he is determined to perform

https://twitter.com/ChicagoSteel/status/1359980836947386378

With an assist in the first period of today's game, Sean Farrell extended his current point streak to 24 games, the longest single-season streak in USHL  history!

image.png

• Like 1