Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Worst case scenario, he stays in the AHL for 2 years, does absolutely nothing, he's hurt, and no one gives him a second contract, his career is done. 

Even in this scenario, he still has the signing bonus money in the bank and it will pay for a year of school.

He'll get his signing bonus and his two years of AHL (at the minimum) even after he finishes his degree.

Anyway, the family believes in education. They did their own math, and it worked for them. I respect their decision, even if it means that Harris might not pull on a Habs sweater until one year later.

30 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

He'll get his signing bonus and his two years of AHL (at the minimum) even after he finishes his degree.

Anyway, the family believes in education. They did their own math, and it worked for them. I respect their decision, even if it means that Harris might not pull on a Habs sweater until one year later.

Yep. I agree. I just hope that part of it isn’t him wanting to be a UFA and puck where he wants to play. Was he also a friend of Poehling, or was that someone else? if there is a relationship between the two, I hope Poehling’s lack of success didn’t play a role.

4 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Yep. I agree. I just hope that part of it isn’t him wanting to be a UFA and puck where he wants to play. Was he also a friend of Poehling, or was that someone else? if there is a relationship between the two, I hope Poehling’s lack of success didn’t play a role.

Somehow I don't think the Harris family political views would mesh well with those of Poehling!

28 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Somehow I don't think the Harris family political views would mesh well with those of Poehling!

Who are this parents?

37 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Wasn’t there another habs prospect that played with Poehling?  For some reason I thought it was Harris.

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Yes, but hockey careers are only so long before your body loses a step, etc.... if he came out now, he'd start that development sooner and have more than enough money to finish his degree.  Instead of playing hockey for free, he'd be getting paid for using one of those seasons (and developing in a better league, being closer to the NHL).

This makes me worried it isn't about staying in school, its about going UFA. 

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Yes, but hockey careers are only so long before your body loses a step, etc.... if he came out now, he'd start that development sooner and have more than enough money to finish his degree.  Instead of playing hockey for free, he'd be getting paid for using one of those seasons (and developing in a better league, being closer to the NHL).

This makes me worried it isn't about staying in school, its about going UFA. 

That’s my worry. Usually players will make the jump if everyone thinks they are ready to give it a go at the next step -  unless they don’t want to go where they were drafted.

29 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

His dad is black so unlikely to be a Trump supporter.

Unlikley but Trump actually increased his share of the "black" vote, garnering 18% of the votes by black males

RDS following Caufield and Wisconsin ... Friday @ 13:00 and, if the badgers win, Saturday @ 22:00

Wisconsin vs Bemidji State

7:00 pm tonight

RDS2

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Wisconsin vs Bemidji State

7:00 pm tonight

RDS2

Dont have RDS, so SOL.

BUT, who do we want to win this one? B-State and help end Caufield's NCAA career sooner? 

1 hour ago, DON said:

Dont have RDS, so SOL.

BUT, who do we want to win this one? B-State and help end Caufield's NCAA career sooner? 

Wisconsin's goalie is trying his best to end Caufield's NCAA career today.

2 minutes ago, DON said:

So, do we think he is headed for taxi squad or Laval 1st?

Is his salary cheap enough to add to Habs roster?

He will be on an ELC, so him on the Habs roster and any of the other forwards to the taxi squad works cap wise. 

I think he comes to the taxi squad.  Gets in a few practices and then if he looks good they put him in the lineup.

30g in 31 NCAA games this year suggests he's ready.  He's the clear best player in college hockey.  Its not often that the best player in college hockey (while also being a non-senior) is not NHL ready.