Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

An interview in Russian with Dmitri Kostenko, Montreal's third-rounder:

https://allhockey.ru/article/show/420073-Dmitrij_Kostenko_v_Monreale_mne_srazu_skazali_chtoby_uchil_francuzskij

My Russian is rusty (;)), so I had to translate:  Google Translate ... smart lad is learning French and English (if I read his responses correctly)

Go #11 Go!

July 30 games

Finland U20 at USA White U20 1:00 pm - World Junior Summer Showcase (Plymouth, Michigan)

Oliver Kapanen (#11) -
Luke Tuch (#11) -

July 28 games

Finland U20 4 USA White U20 3 (Final) - World Junior Summer Showcase (Plymouth, Michigan)

Oliver Kapanen (#11) - one goal (2)
Luke Tuch (#11) - one goal (2)

0pts for #11s in 5-4gm

Kostenko 0pt in 4-1 pre-season game.kostenko.jpg

July 31 games

Sweden U20 at USA White U20 1:00 pm - World Junior Summer Showcase (Plymouth, Michigan)

Luke Tuch (#11) -

Finland U20 at USA Blue U20 4:00 pm - World Junior Summer Showcase (Plymouth, Michigan)

Oliver Kapanen (#11) -

Canada Red U20 vs Canada White U20 8:30 pm - Canada NJT Summer Showcase (Tsuutʼina Nation, Alberta)

Kaiden Guhle (#00 White) -
William Trudeau (#00 White) -

https://habsprospects.com/

3 hours ago, DON said:

0pts for #11s in 5-4gm

Kostenko 0pt in 4-1 pre-season game.kostenko.jpg

July 31 games

Sweden U20 at USA White U20 1:00 pm - World Junior Summer Showcase (Plymouth, Michigan)

Luke Tuch (#11) -

Finland U20 at USA Blue U20 4:00 pm - World Junior Summer Showcase (Plymouth, Michigan)

Oliver Kapanen (#11) -

Canada Red U20 vs Canada White U20 8:30 pm - Canada NJT Summer Showcase (Tsuutʼina Nation, Alberta)

Kaiden Guhle (#00 White) -
William Trudeau (#00 White) -

https://habsprospects.com/

He looks like he is 15!

Not much happening and most likely seen TSNs bit on Guhle. Kid is now listed 15lbs heavier (6'3" 203) which cant hurt and nice to see him fill out a bit.

https://www.tsn.ca/video/~2252326

Guhle 1g1a today, in 2nd period so far.

Trudeau plays later today. (he managed to avoid getting any points in a 9-8 game, just 1 cross-checking penalty) 

Kostenko 0pts 4pim today in 2-1 pre-season game.

Nice comments on Trudeau by his Charlottetown coach; biased of course but good to hear.

“You could go a month without hearing from him. He’s a zero-maintenance player and he’s a joy to coach because if you talk to our trainer or our athletic therapist, they’re like ‘This guy never asks for anything. He’s not asking for his skates to be sharpened every day, he’s not asking for new sticks, he’s not talking about nagging injuries and it’s the same way for our coaching staff where if we touch base with him every couple of days to say ‘Hey William, how’s it going’, it’s always ‘Great!’ and it’s the same answer all the time."

Will be curious how this group does.

Will Harris have big year in college, will he go the free agency route, did Habs want him to sign already or another year was their plan also and they arnt worried he will test the market next August?

Struble/Tuch just dont have a good "feeling" about, but hope they both have great NCAA years, now that i assume will have a regular full year in gym and on ice.

https://www.habsworld.net/2021/04/2020-21-habsworld-prospect-rankings-6-10/

Poehling, how will he fare in pre-season? Dont think is any spot on Habs for he (or Ylonen) this year, but call ups gonna happen.

3 minutes ago, DON said:

Will Harris have big year in college, will he go the free agency route, did Habs want him to sign already or another year was their plan also and they arnt worried he will test the market next August?

They wanted to sign him during the season but Harris really wanted to go back for his senior year.  At this point, Harris testing free agency has to be a concern but it's far from an automatic that it will happen.

57 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They wanted to sign him during the season but Harris really wanted to go back for his senior year.  At this point, Harris testing free agency has to be a concern but it's far from an automatic that it will happen.

From everything I have read, Harris had planned to play the full 4 years from day 1 and he seems to have a really good relationship with the Habs organization.  Of course until he signs there will always be be that nagging doubt. If the Habs weren't confident of signing him then I am sure he will be traded as he certainly has value. He seems to be developing really well. 

Canadiens' Jordan Harris Decides to Develop More at Northeastern (thehockeywriters.com)

Doesn't mean he is NHL ready ... but doesn't mean he's not either

NO IDEA what he is being asked or responding (other than "powerplay"), but he seems a very composed, confident and mature young man

Norlinder didnt play in pre-season game today.

Kostenko 0pts, 0pts in 3 pre-season games so far (but is a d-man, so...so what, i know).

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2021/8/12/22621370/jan-mysak-interview-montreal-canadiens-habs-joel-bouchard-laval-rocket-development-prospect-plekanec

20 hours ago, DON said:

Dutch Gretzky, Poehling and some other guy jabbering on for an hour. But, is mid aug so...

I fully agree with what Weiss says at 23:25.  i.e. they arent using Phoeling right.

There are 2 types of players, those that are capable of playing up to their linemates abilities, and those that cannot.   I believe Phoeling is that type of player that can.  I tend to think that Armia and Byron are in that category too.   

This is highly unlikely to ever happen, but if they played on a team with 2 elite players, like Edm w Draisytl and McDavid or Bos w Bergeron and Marchand; and their regular 3rd linemate was injured for a season and sub in Armia, Bryron, or Phoeling they would do really well.  Players like Lehks wouldnt even hit 20g's but those 3 would have so many chances that they would have career years and could probably get around 30 and surprise everybody. 

17 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

.. There are 2 types of players, those that are capable of playing up to their linemates abilities, and those that cannot.   I believe Phoeling is that type of player that can.  I tend to think that Armia and Byron are in that category too ...

I prefer players who can excel on their own and/or make their linemates better.

18 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I fully agree with what Weiss says at 23:25.  i.e. they arent using Phoeling right.

There are 2 types of players, those that are capable of playing up to their linemates abilities, and those that cannot.   I believe Phoeling is that type of player that can.  I tend to think that Armia and Byron are in that category too.   

This is highly unlikely to ever happen, but if they played on a team with 2 elite players, like Edm w Draisytl and McDavid or Bos w Bergeron and Marchand; and their regular 3rd linemate was injured for a season and sub in Armia, Bryron, or Phoeling they would do really well.  Players like Lehks wouldnt even hit 20g's but those 3 would have so many chances that they would have career years and could probably get around 30 and surprise everybody. 

I really hope they are right, he would fit very well on the third line for the Habs