Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

1 hour ago, DON said:

Norlinder getting warmed up for Habs training camp.:hyper:

Shea who?

KIDDING ! ! ! !

25 minutes ago, DON said:

I think the idea with a suspension is nowhere.

1 hour ago, DON said:

KHL maybe?    This seems heavy handed, given that he was already punished and paid the fine imposed on him by the court in Sweden.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

KHL maybe?    This seems heavy handed, given that he was already punished and paid the fine imposed on him by the court in Sweden.

I suspect that if he "avoids" the suspension by playing elsewhere the OHL will be less willing to reinstate him ... IMO,  he needs to, with the Canadiens support, "work on things" and "prove himself worthy"of returning to the OHL ... and the Canadiens have to keep their involvement private, it has to be about the young man and not the Habs trying to rehabilitate their image.

20 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I suspect that if he "avoids" the suspension by playing elsewhere the OHL will be less willing to reinstate him ... IMO,  he needs to, with the Canadiens support, "work on things" and "prove himself worthy"of returning to the OHL ... and the Canadiens have to keep their involvement private, it has to be about the young man and not the Habs trying to rehabilitate their image.

Exactly.  If he goes elsewhere, he gets to play but probably hurts his overall prospects in the long run.

17 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Could he play in the ECHL?

Could?  ... maybe *** IF *** somebody is willing to sign him
Should?  ... no ... as dlbair if he plays elsewhere he reduces his chances of getting back into the OHL and likely his long-term chances at the NHL

IMO, playing elsewhere makes it look like he doesn't feel he deserves the punishment and thereby hurts the "rehabilitation" of his image/reputation ... "taking his medicine" now likely goes a long way to other leagues being accepting of him down the road.

43 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Could he play in the ECHL?

Nope - they're subject to the same CHL agreement as the NHL and AHL are.  (Well, technically, he'd be eligible after London's playoffs ended but we're a long way from that.)

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Nope - they're subject to the same CHL agreement as the NHL and AHL are.  (Well, technically, he'd be eligible after London's playoffs ended but we're a long way from that.)

thanks, that is the answer I was looking for

We may as well just match KK’s after sheet. Having an extra pick doesn’t help, when the habs have pretty much blown every first round pick since MB was hired, other than Caufield dropped down. When they hit a puck right like Sergechev, they gave him up for a winger that they hoped would fill their centre woes. 

hell, even before MB, I think the only first rounders that worked out fir is we’re Price and Maxpac. McDonough was the Gainey version of giving up a stud Dman for another teams garbage.  

Regarding the Logan M suspension from OHL.

Seems punitive, redundant  given the situation was handled by the legal system and the stated objectives are completely subjective.  That league (and CHL in general) has a large history of misdeeds, indiscretions and scandals of its own that were dealt with poorly.   I personally know past players who were involved in worse, caught on Canadian soil and never missed a game.  This is PR and posturing by the league, I now feel bad for the kid whereas I originally felt he had a huge hill to climb in order to be someone I could root for should he ever play for the Habs.  He still does, but this issue of bigger than hockey and remedies most likely involve early education systems for all, not just hockey players. Some of the comments about this case in media are verging on a witch hunt of hockey players.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Norlinder seems to be starting off well, what is the North American comparable level for the league he is playing in?

made me look :)

1 hour ago, hockeyrealist said:

... This is PR and posturing by the league ...

Pretty much every CHL/AHL/NHL suspension is just that ... the inconsistency in when leagues suspend players and for how many games, and the ridiculously short "severe" penalties, shows that the objective is not truly eliminating the dangerous behaviour but looking like they are trying to do something about it.

Interview on TVASports  with Jayden Struble this morning.

He says that his ongoing groin injury is now gone and that he's finally playing 100% healthy. His groin was bothering him since the summer of 2019 when he missed Habs development camp.  Also (maybe) missed World Juniors because of this in 2020.

Goes as far as saying that "I will have the impact that I want to have in the NHL.  I have everything in hands to control my destiny. There is no limit to what I can bring on the table in this league."

Pretty confident man if you ask me. 

https://www.tvasports.ca/2021/09/03/ch-le-bulldozer-americain-pret-a-tout-casser

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

He says that his ongoing groin injury is now gone and that he's finally playing 100% healthy. His groin was bothering him since the summer of 2019 when he missed Habs development camp.  Also (maybe) missed World Juniors because of this in 2020.

Goes as far as saying that "I will have the impact that I want to have in the NHL.  I have everything in hands to control my destiny. There is no limit to what I can bring on the table in this league."

https://www.tvasports.ca/2021/09/03/ch-le-bulldozer-americain-pret-a-tout-casser

I've heard his coach (obviously not an unbiased observer) say much the same thing on TSN690 a couple of times since JS was drafted ... because his injury challenges have prevented him for showing his best since benign rafted, he may be the dark horse surprise in the Guhle/Norlinder/Harris/Struble sweepstakes.

9 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I think not cocky. But confident enough in himself and his health that he's saying "no excuses". We shall see ...

3 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

Norlinder seems to be starting off well, what is the North American comparable level for the league he is playing in?

There really isn't a proper comparable.  The Champions Hockey League is a mixture of teams from different leagues.  It's a good competition level although September hockey is still September hockey.

Norlinder,

how soon will he be coming to Montreal, another couple weeks?

Dates Games
GP
G
A
PTS
+/-
PIM
TOI

August 9, 2021 vs. Rögle BK
-
-

August 18, 2021 vs. Leksands IF