Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

thanks dlbalr,

looking forward, in particular, to hearing how Guhle, Norlinder & Kapanen look.

Is Mailloux showing up, i think was mentioned he isnt attending?

4 hours ago, DON said:

Is Mailloux showing up, i think was mentioned he isnt attending?

It may have made a bit more sense to bring him to camp now since he's not OHL-eligible for a few months but he's going to stay in London and skate with the Knights (he can practice but not play).

On 9/3/2021 at 1:54 PM, dlbalr said:

There really isn't a proper comparable.  The Champions Hockey League is a mixture of teams from different leagues.  It's a good competition level although September hockey is still September hockey.

Gotcha, makes sense why hard to make an informed opinion with no prior knowledge on it.

Thanks for the description.

Have to assume he hits camp in good shape, I am intrigued by him.

On 9/3/2021 at 11:32 AM, GHT120 said:

Pretty much every CHL/AHL/NHL suspension is just that ... the inconsistency in when leagues suspend players and for how many games, and the ridiculously short "severe" penalties, shows that the objective is not truly eliminating the dangerous behaviour but looking like they are trying to do something about it.

Good point.

It still irks me, but definitely not taking a stance on this one.

And don’t want to stir up this old (seems old now) issue.

The KK drama actually worked well to shorten the media life span on this shit show, gladly.

A possible silver lining to losing KK via a revenge sheet.

Kostenko 2g and 2a for 4p in 3 VHL games so far.

The VHL is like Russia's version of the AHL. That's a step up for him as he's not in the MHL (Russia's under-20 league). 

Its also normal for an 18 year old D to be there as the 18 year old D who make the KHL full time like Romanov are rare.

Good start for him, leading the VHL in points by a D, and only one point off the league lead for all players. 

How about Former Non-Rocket Habs Prospects?

Nice to see a young man who has battled injuries have a good start ... I wish him well ... but four periods is just four periods

Kapanen out injured.

Kostenko 0pts

"It seems that Norlinder has one mental lapse every game, and it could happen at any given time. How will a coach react to that, and how will Norlinder’s confidence react when that decision is inevitably to sit him for a period of time? In a recent conversation Norlinder said he deserved to be benched, but what if it happens with regularity?"

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/top-25-under-25/2021/9/19/22680730/mattias-norlinder-2021-montreal-canadiens-top-25-under-25-prospect-profile-projection-scouting-stats

4 hours ago, DON said:

Kapanen out injured.

Kostenko 0pts

"It seems that Norlinder has one mental lapse every game, and it could happen at any given time. How will a coach react to that, and how will Norlinder’s confidence react when that decision is inevitably to sit him for a period of time? In a recent conversation Norlinder said he deserved to be benched, but what if it happens with regularity?"

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/top-25-under-25/2021/9/19/22680730/mattias-norlinder-2021-montreal-canadiens-top-25-under-25-prospect-profile-projection-scouting-stats

like Petry !!!

:hyper: So excited for the kid :hyper:

1 hour ago, DON said:

Joshua Roy 1g1a yesterday, 3pts in the 2 rookie games vs Sens

Rookies play vs University players today, i think 4:00pm.

Not sure how you can view game?

A link to the game will be available via the Canadiens' homepage, and here is the lineup ... expect it will show up on their twitter account.