Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Picked right after Guhle in 2020. 

How good will this German kid be? He seemed an good option at pick #16 at the time. 

Chicago Blackhawks: Lukas Reichel

Reichel looks to be one of the more skilled prospects to come out of the Blackhawks system in recent years. He might be able to contribute right away. -Scott Powers

The 2020 first-round pick shined for Eisbaren Berlin last season, so his development is ahead of schedule. He can play center or wing, can hold his own in the corners and has loads of skill. If he has a big camp — and there’s plenty of competition — he could be in a top-six role and playing on a line with Jonathan Toews and Dominik Kubalik-Mark Lazerus

Reichel is pretty good... but i think Guhle is also proving to be a good pick so far.  I'm not upset by taking him. 

I'd send him back to the WHL though, as he will get more offensive opportunities there. I expect him to be one of Canada's top players at the WJC. 

6 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Leskinen has 1g+3a in eight KHL games so far, averaging over 19 minutes per game.

how would you rate Leskinen compared to Niku and Wideman_v2.0 ?

21 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

how would you rate Leskinen compared to Niku and Wideman_v2.0 ?

Leskinen has only played a handful of NHL games, not really enough to judge his ceiling, I think. But, while he played well in the AHL (and maybe in the KHL), Niku was pretty much an AHL superstar.

Just now, tomh009 said:

Leskinen has only played a handful of NHL games, not really enough to judge his ceiling, I think. But, while he played well in the AHL (and maybe in the KHL), Niku was pretty much an AHL superstar.

I hope Niku does well

13 hours ago, DON said:

Kidney 2g 1a (2nd period)

Roy 2a

Trudeau 1a (2nd period)

Kapanen 1a

Harris/Struble/Tuch 0pts yet

Simoneau 1g1a, TRudeau no pts

Struble 1g2a

Tuch 1a

Shapley 1g1a

Harris, someone tweeted, had 9 shots in he & struble's 4-0 win.

25 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Leskinen 0g+1a, 22:12 TOI (tops on the team) in a 3-2 OT Jokerit loss to Traktor Chelyabinsk.

Ya, some guys i have written off in my mind already and no interest in really following. Some guys are still hab "property", but no real future with Habs or in the NHL.

LIke Henrikson, Biondi, Gordin, Olofsson...or Leskinen.

41 minutes ago, DON said:

Ya, some guys i have written off in my mind already and no interest in really following. Some guys are still hab "property", but no real future with Habs or in the NHL.

LIke Henrikson, Biondi, Gordin, Olofsson...or Leskinen.

Given that they extended a qualifying offer to Leskinen only a few months ago, I don't think the Habs have completely given up on Leskinen yet. I don't think I would put him in the same bucket as Biondi or Olofsson. He may come back yet, the way Wideman did.

Of course, we can all choose the players we want to follow. 🙂

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Given that they extended a qualifying offer to Leskinen only a few months ago, I don't think the Habs have completely given up on Leskinen yet. I don't think I would put him in the same bucket as Biondi or Olofsson. He may come back yet, the way Wideman did.

Of course, we can all choose the players we want to follow. 🙂

But, Wideman maybe should still be in the KHL.:nuts:

And i think they do the QO simply because need to or lose him outright; But no risk or cost and he isnt a horrible player, so in future he could play Laval or 1: 1,000,000 chance he is late bloomer.

I was just saying why i dont bother to note his and couple others game results, thats all Tom.

3 hours ago, DON said:

I was just saying why i dont bother to note his and couple others game results, thats all Tom.

That's fine. I follow the KHL a little bit so I can supplement there.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Six of Montreal's NCAA prospects crack this list: https://www.si.com/hockey/news/top-100-players-to-watch-in-the-ncaa

2 hours ago, DON said:

Tuch, Struble ahead of Harris?

Of more interest to me is that Farrell is #6 ... much better ranking than what I have read/heard would have led me to believe ... Tuch at #30, Struble at #33 and Harris at #34 to me basically means they are essentially "tied" ... although perhaps a slight surprise at the order as Harris seems to have gotten the most Montreal media attention to date ... Dobes at #48 and Biondi at #76 bear watching. 

6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

crosshairs on bear - Google Search | The far side, Far side cartoons, Far  side comics

LOL

3 hours ago, DON said:

Tuch, Struble ahead of Harris?

That one surprised me as well but from an intrigue standpoint, I sort of agree.  We have a pretty good read on what Harris can do already but Struble is a big wild card and Tuch is a power forward who did better than most thought last year.  Was that a small sample size or can he become a top-six type of prospect?  From an 'most interested to watch' standpoint, I could see why those two would be ahead of Harris; it's not as if this is a prospect rankings list.